Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Get Famous and TS4 Bundles.

VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
Hello,

Now, I noticed that you have the option to create a Bundle for an EP, GP and SP for only 44, when in reality it costs 70 EUR. I've been planning to order Get Famous for a while, however I'm holding back since the inevitable Origin sale is on its' way along with the new EP for Sims coming soon. My question is, can you get still get the discount of creating a bundle 'during' sales? If so, I'd be getting all three for almost 22,75. Unless, I'd pay full 35-40 and would only be in 10 EUR loss between getting now or waiting.

Also, does Get Famous break your game? How does it affect the immersion for realism players? Do all Sims stop doing their daily activities to rush towards you and faint, or do they continue their lives as usual in a lot? If you don't opt out for the fame option for NPCs, do you end up with major numbers of celebrities roaming around?

And as for the packs, I'm so undecided between Parenthood and Dine Out. With DO, can you propose at a restaurant venue just like TS2: NL? Which one would you recommend and what values do you think it adds to your game?

Sorry for a long post, and thanks in advance!

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't think you can use both promotions. Just see what is best for you. I personally love the bundles.
    As for GF it can be a bit of a hassle, specially when you go to restaurants, where you expect your date to sit and enjoy and they keep going after the famous people. Otherwise I don't feel it to be that bad.
    Both packs are great imo. But Parenthood adds more to the day to day gameplay. You'll have a new system of values for the kids and teens that can make you gain traits in adulthood that really affect your sim's life. It adds great CAS and bb items, a lot of cool objects with new gameplay, as the bulletin board, where you can set curfew, a new skill of parenting that allows you, from a certain level, to punish your kids forbidding them to do a list of thinks, like using the computer, going out of home for 24 sim hours... It adds school projects that your sims bring home that work on specific skills and can be done together with your kids... Well a lot. It's one of the most complete GP, if not THE most.
    But dine out is also cool. I go to restaurants a lot of times with my sims. And you can run a restaurant, but I never tried that. I wish though that there were specific interactions when sims are seated, both friendly and romantic, as it was in sims 1 Hot Date.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I don't have Dine Out but I LOVE Parenthood. I could never play without it, now, because I use the features so frequently.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I've had a few issues with Get Famous, such as the fact that bugs mean I have to leave the Fame meter switched on for all sims, but aside from the annoying "celebrities" that came with the pack and who get swarmed by paparazzi every time they show up on a community lot, it's not really a big deal for me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm not sure if the bundles are actually on sale right now - I can't check because I own everything. They set it up to look like the bundle is on sale by always advertising the percentage off, but they do run sales on bundles. Usually it's 20 or 30% off of the usual discounted price. Bundles are not always on sale when they have the individual packs on sale, so you have to keep an eye out for them.

I got Get Famous, Strangerville and My First Pet for $40 (20% off). The bundle would normally $50 and paying for each would be $70. It's like getting the game pack for free when you bundle. Definitely a bonus when the bundles are on sale.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif