Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you a little bit bummed that island paradise is coming before University?

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm bummed that either one is happening before something that I would like more (supernatural players need SOMETHING, would especially like to see entirely new packs like farming, etc.), but that's the way it is. :/ I guess others will have fun but waiting around for my Sims to swim or tan or sit in school is really really not my thing.😐
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I'm happy that island paradise is coming first
    Wait, is it confirmed now!?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm a little dissapointed
    I just don't care much about beaches, swimming, or water/beach activities. If it included pirate brigands and/or creepy, playable Merfolk, I could get on board with that. But honestly, I don't even use pools much because they're boring and Sims don't even know what weather to swim in.

Maybe it will surprise me, who knows?

But I'm not that psyched for University either because I suspect it will be different and more experimental and not as heavy on college dorm parties, which is why I played it so much in Sims 2.

Obviously, what I really prefer is Occults and deviance. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm neutral
    Wait, is it confirmed now!?

Nope.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Even with potential “hints” and recent “leaks”, nothing has been confirmed, so I can’t say that I really have an opinion on the matter. Regardless of which themed expansion comes first, I’ll be happy. I’ve always liked both Tropical and University themes.
    In the end, even if those aren’t the next ones at all, I won’t be disappointed. I like seeing new content be released, no matter what the theme of it might be.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm annoyed or upset
    I'm disappointed. I thought for sure it was going to be the last pack that came out but that turned out to be GF. Then I thought it would for sure be the one coming out next. I'm not even remotely interested in an island paradise type pack. I want to like this game so much and I was willing to get back into it if they did a really good university/education pack but i'm getting tired of waiting for it at this point.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I personally think the real problem here is mob mentality. Before the retail gaming leaks hinting to a tropical expansion, the majority of the community and game changers were constantly wishing, hyping and talking about a possible university pack this june. And then they act like they've been wanting a tropical expansion all this time in all of a sudden like i cant even.

sorry for my bad english
    y'all got bread?
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    A little disappointed, and by a little I mean like 10%. The other 90% is excitement. I would prefer a University pack but I won't snub a tropical pack. It's ironic because summer is my least favorite season.

I just love adding more things for my Sims to do. :)
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Who cares about university... More islands!
    LiELF wrote: »
    I just don't care much about beaches, swimming, or water/beach activities. If it included pirate brigands and/or creepy, playable Merfolk, I could get on board with that. But honestly, I don't even use pools much because they're boring and Sims don't even know what weather to swim in.

Maybe it will surprise me, who knows?

But I'm not that psyched for University either because I suspect it will be different and more experimental and not as heavy on college dorm parties, which is why I played it so much in Sims 2.

Obviously, what I really prefer is Occults and deviance. >:)

I agree with Pools being extremely lackluster and boring.

Here's hoping the potential tropical pack will add more pool stuff such as activities/waterslide/bars etc.
  • SimBerndSimBernd Posts: 2 New Member
    I´m really happy that island paradies is coming first. I loved it in Sims 3 and i really didn´t care that much about the universities.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm neutral
    There isnt even anything officially announced that a Tropical Paradise pack is coming. For all we know, the next pack is a random farming pack. Sure we all know about those 4 retail leaks, but those sites look shady to me and I dont look to shady sites for new info.

Personally I can go for either University or Tropical Paradise. Either one will make me happy. But I just want some official news first before getting excited.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm neutral
    I needed to see what a lounge chair would look like in the game after 4 yrs of curiosity.

The Sims Game
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm annoyed or upset
    I'm more annoyed than disappointed. I mean I honestly want both but my want for University is far more stronger.

If we're able to run/own resorts and live in the tropical world then I'd be happier.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I'm annoyed or upset
    I'm pretty annoyed. Idk what kind of game changing content can be released in a tropical pack. I'm not surprised though, people have been whining about wanting a tropical pack in forever. If you want to experience the "tropics" that bad just go to a beach. :lol:
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm neutral
    University is my Priority pack for now.
    If an Island themed pack comes next, I am fine with it because my University students will be all set to use that content for their spring break.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I would much rather have a university pack first.
    caitytrina.png
  • HiImAnEAPlayerHiImAnEAPlayer Posts: 17 Member
    Me when I saw this post:

Do do do da do... WOT?!?!?!!?!? University?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? I LITERALLY WAS JUST THINKING HOW WEIRD IT WAS THAT THE SIMS 4 DOESN'T HAVE COLLEGE THE OTHER DAY!!!!!!!!! AM I PSYCHIC OR SOMETHING?!?!? HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS WAS A THING?!!!!?????!!!!!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I am seemingly one of the few that isn't crying out for a university EP, although if done well I am sure I would enjoy it (e.g. if there is a open degree option, homeschooling etc.). However, a beach vacation world has been on my wishlist for quite a while now, so I'm hoping it comes first.
  • skypup4skypup4 Posts: 23 Member
    I would have personally preferred university, but I loved Island Paradise on TS3 and I'm excited that Sims can finally swim - and hopefully we'll get houseboats again.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I think it is logical that they would release the easier one first while still working on the pack that takes more time. Or would we rather wait for a new pack to drop September/October?

I know we have new people/simmers here that have no idea how long we have been begging for beaches and swimming everything beach related.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Honestly I am Neutral, witches are the only thing that I need. But I choose this option because I love the humour in this option 😆
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I hope it’s Island, I have been dying for this kind of pack, I love the beach, so naturally, yes I want my sims to experience that. Island Paradise was my fave pack with the Sims 3.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm neutral
    I'm not sure or worried about what is coming next. It might be fake news about an Island anyway. Both have pluses and minuses for me and I would rather have had a farming pack. :)
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    I’m fine with waiting if it comes this year, and rakes in everything we have been wanting. I think the tropic pack makes sense since it’s summer though!
  • nufusimsnufusims Posts: 41 Member
    I want both, but I think it's kind of a diss on us players and fans of the game who have been craving University since the game came out :/