Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you a little bit bummed that island paradise is coming before University?

We know that University is coming, but we are potentially getting close to the end of the sims 4 chapter before Sims 5 begins to be worked on given the timeline of prior games. I'm sure that the island paradise will be fun, but University and Seasons are my go to.

Are you a little bit bummed that island paradise is coming before University? 256 votes

I'm annoyed or upset
7%
aprilrosePlayerSinger2010IrdiwenAnmirlafruitsbasket101KaeChan2089aecollins21jlapaoHarukotyanElenPinktadeoalonso2QuaayAlveCIASimtridgeBiggieCheesedoublenoodlesainsSimsStarfish 18 votes
I'm a little dissapointed
25%
auroraael14GRIMMYIcewolfdanacnbrettBrokenChaos69Mariefoxprice83MysanElegantblkchina1Jnyxzagboorulesskypup4taydevCheezirationCaityTrinabrookiepeoplesKniga_Sitaramercy55funsunspriterbixtersSakuske1 65 votes
I'm neutral
26%
CK213catmom1987JeanKita5399GalacticGalalexspoom13alan650111IceyJstoryySimburianfreindlylolANNETTE1951robyngravesJestTrusarasayshiSeera1024luthienrisingslamondaSonia016KiaraSims4Mods 69 votes
I'm happy that island paradise is coming first
27%
Dannydanboicmnfrshaelias24keekee53Thunderbat87Niki110287babajaynePipersfun2Cynnasimgirl1010Paigeisin5IObellerosehrtgirlMoon_WillowNivyxalanmichael1BluelleAngellulucatloverplayerldmarko 70 votes
Who cares about university... More islands!
13%
rudy8292Kamarca2pandabioticIsb917BloosmooMagdaleenaAeroprincess87mock68bevilleyuppDragonAge_300905mannannaElizabethMcThenyoukissmeannaliese39Sigzy05ChadSims2EvaliynEnkiSchmidtFreezerBunnyCowplant 34 votes

Comments

• JacoSurJacoSur Posts: 48 Member
    Where did they confirm University?

I'm quite sad, yes. I mean, I like both expansion packs but University has always been my fav :(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm annoyed or upset
    Very much disappointed. Island packs never appealed to me.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't care about university. If it was education for all ages I might be upset that it wasn't coming first since we could use more for schools, but if it's just university then I'm quite happy to see an island vacation come before it (assuming it's real).
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm neutral
    Well it hasn't been confirmed that Tropical Island is coming next.
    Personally, I don't care either way, I just want to see the content first.
  • CheezirationCheeziration Posts: 100 Member
    University wasn't my top hope for a pack, but for some reason I just really haven't had any interest in an island pack in Sims 4 (which is weird, because I loved Island Paradise in TS3).

With that said, after all the island rumors came out, I've managed to build a bit of enthusiasm. I'm sure it'll be a pretty world, at least.
    vmBGbsG.png
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm actually quite happy about it, especially if they include mermaids.
    University is a part of a life and certainly fits a life sim, however, it mostly only adds content for a single life state (YA).

Meanwhile Island Paradise if done right with ocean swimming and actual underwater diving/exploration + vacations and hotels is something that can be fully enjoyed by all Life States.
    Just the underwater diving part alone has the potential to bring us absolutely gorgeous and amazing new scenery, especially if we can build our own underwater areas!

Of course... if the EP is just some crappy "you can go to beaches and barely enter the water" type of garbage with little depth then yeah, I'd certainly have University first. I have hopes the devs will do it right though, since it's an EP and all.

Also, I am pretty sure we're still getting University as the second EP this year, and later around October the so long awaited release of Witches GP.
    All in all this is actually what I truly wanted for TS4 this year post Strangerville: Island Paradise & University EPs, Witches GP. Here's hoping it actually happens!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    We know that University is coming, but we are potentially getting close to the end of the sims 4 chapter before Sims 5 begins to be worked on given the timeline of prior games. I'm sure that the island paradise will be fun, but University and Seasons are my go to.

According to Grant we have 3 more years of content for TS4.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    But it's fine! I want both, I just want Uni more.
    Francl27 wrote: »

4 leaked retail sites makes it very likely.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Meh, I don't care about University. I hope the people who like it will get it one day. But an island paradise pack has been on my wishlist for a long time, and this pack has the potential of fulfilling a lot of my wants.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

4 leaked retail sites makes it very likely.

I thought it was confirmed to be fake.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    A tiny bit. Only a small tiny bit. :lol:
    Both the packs are favorites though. But I do prefer university.
    But... I'm crazy here waiting for Tropical paradise.
    :confused::dizzy::mrgreen:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Who cares about university... More islands!
    I mean.....no.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2019
    I know it's not confirmed yet, but if it is, I'm good with it. I think it's more my playstyle. More things to do that I enjoy having my sims do. I know that it is not that way for all, and I hope University will be next for those that want it. For me, I've always enjoyed University because of the build/buy stuff, not the gameplay. I think I only ever sent a handful of Sims to University both in either Sims 2 or 3.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yeah i dont really care about university all that much, mostly cause im in uni right now. its like the military career, i WAS in the military so why in the world would i wanna play that in my spare time when it was my job hahah. i know its not like real life at all but still, i'd rather take my sims on the vacations i cant afford and live through them haha
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I expected University or Witches first. But I am still intetested in an island pack
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm neutral
    No one knows for sure that an island pack is next. Not confirmed. And there have been two leaks so far, not four. The two recent leaks don't count.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    If an island pack is next I will be thrilled but only if the world is large enough to play. If the world is too small it will be another pack I skip.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    No one knows for sure that an island pack is next. Not confirmed. And there have been two leaks so far, not four. The two recent leaks don't count.

4 retail sites have leaked.

Those 2 were using wrong info as a placeholder till the real info comes in. All 4 listings are right though.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited May 2019

Those 2 were using wrong info as a placeholder till the real info comes in. All 4 listings are right though.

True that. What are you gonna do with a placeholder, be like "This is a placeholder" and repeat it over and over or like put some Latin like "Lorum ipsum..."? You try to put some info that is remotely close to your subject. You can't just write off retailers like that too. Peopel work at these places and you're basically writing out their existence. Most retailers could lose their reputation/credibility if they post something that won't ever come to market and if retailers are willing to put listings for something, that means they're pretty confident that they're real.
  • gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    Honestly, was really excited for a University Pack but hey at least we're getting something! In my opinion, island is just as great.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Given how political and violently divided university is in real life. I rather never have it in this game. Ever.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm neutral

4 retail sites have leaked.

No, they haven't. The last two are just 'merchants' (I could have created those listings myself if I resold game keys,) who simply copied Instant-Gaming. They even copied the false description.