Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New hair colors

MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Is it possible to add new hair colors into sims 4? I ask because we kinda needs some new hair colors; mainly the console community that is since we can't use CC hair. Hair colors I'd like to have in my sims game are white hair, rose pink hair, azure blue hair and lavender hair. Anyone else can comment on what colors they want but yea. :P

What motivated me to make this thread was the swatches update since there is going to be a bunch of swatches for objects.
If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here

Comments

• CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    It is completely possible. The process of making cc in the community shows it's not a complex task (it's the creating of new meshes that's the hardest part). They just haven't dedicated resources to it. Hopefully some of those new 350 swatches include another row of hair color?
    caitytrina.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    It is completely possible. The process of making cc in the community shows it's not a complex task (it's the creating of new meshes that's the hardest part). They just haven't dedicated resources to it. Hopefully some of those new 350 swatches include another row of hair color?

At least 66 of those 350 swatches will go just for doors if they do their work correctly. None of the white doors currently have a black swatch and about 6 to 7 of them only have one swatch which is the white one, they need the other 8 swatches we have on some of the current white doors. And that includes the double white doors which only have 3 swatches.

I'd say the 350 are only for build/buy.

New hair colours would require a review of every single hairstyle, eyebrows and beards, packs included, so that they all have the same consistent colour swatches. They already struggle with that sometimes, to which we then have report so that they can fix them. I really don't think those swatches cover hair colour in the slightest. With the amount of hairstyles, beards and eyebrows 350 new swatches wouldn't do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hopefully they‘ll introduce a dirty blonde hairstyle, since I can‘t recreate myself in TS4, because the hair either looks yellow or too light.
    A hair color like this would be perfect:
    w-800h-600-2482530.jpg

The blonde hair colors we have are either yellow
    latest?cb=20180518134022
    Or pale dragon mother style
    latest?cb=20160829071228
    a256aFi.gif
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Definitely want more hair and skin colors !
    A color wheel would be ideal.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I'd love a dark purple, a darker blue, light pink and more greying shades (especially blonde).
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2019
    More hair colors would be great, but honestly what's worrying me the most is how all the Maxis Match CC would need updates too. I have hundreds at this point. Kinda seems like a huge hassle to go back and update all of that too? Yes, CC is absolutely not EA's responsibility at all, but we're already four years into this game. It seems a little.. late.

Still, I wouldn't mind getting new swatches for every official hair. Bring it on.

A color wheel for hair, eyes and skin, with any of the existing swatches as a base, would be even better. Give me a hue/saturation slider. Thanks.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I've been after more hair colours for ages. I even tried to download cc hair with a different tone but it didn't work, even though I can usually get cc to work for me. So I REALLY hope we get some more hair colours for the game, particularly regarding blonde and brown shades. I would also really love a truly white hair for elders.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited June 2019
    nvm, keeping the top comment, did more checks on hair white/ lavender is still recommended because the white hair still looks grey or silver instead of white or am I asking for too much?...>.>
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want a dark purple, especially in these shades 34345.png
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want to see dirty blond, a greying blond like we have for other shades of hair, light brown and a really dark brown so I wont be forced to use CC hair.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd love to see more hair color options. As someone already mentioned new shades of blonde would be very welcome and more shades of brown/red/black would actually be welcome, too.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    ive never understood why we have 3 red hairtones but no desaturated brown. and one quite simillar grey and white swatch that could have been one white and one grey streaked red for my old sims. the choosen swatches seems unoptimized in terms of colors and player maximized choice.

my ideal would be:
    make one red (maybe the reddest red) swatch into desaturated brown
    make the yellow hair swatch into a strawberry blonde
    merge white and grey swatches and make the freed up hair slot into a grey streaked natural red.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    And corresponding body hair. (Well, maybe not purple or blue or etc. Unless you're into that?)
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    storminmay wrote: »
    And corresponding body hair. (Well, maybe not purple or blue or etc. Unless you're into that?)

yes body hair! i have it with cc and its one of my essential pieces of cc. id love for them to release some official body hair.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Gee, if they add new hair colors, they'll have to do it nine at a time... (but I can think of at least nine more hair colors we need!)
  • RiftWalkerRiftWalker Posts: 1 New Member
    It'd be interesting if we could just have a pinwheel-style recolour palette. But I wonder how hard it would be for them to program...
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited January 2020
    Honestly, I just want them to implement non-natural hair colors for Child and Toddler sims first. Then, yes, I'd like to see a broader spectrum of colors added--a pale pink and a magenta, a mint green and a forest, a deep purple and a medium violet, and a navy blue...all to give us some more shades to work with in the unnatural colors.

With all of the official hair styles that have been released, it'll take some time. But...well, all that they'll really need to do to recolor all of these styles will be taking the texture files into Photoshop and adjusting the colors using Hue and Saturation with the Colorize option checked. Hours of hard work to get the colors to match up right, yeah, but it shouldn't take more than a year to get the unnatural colors ready for the Children and Toddlers. Then, maybe another 24-36 months to get new colors ready to roll out for all hair styles for all ages...and that's an estimate based on if they only put, like, one person on the assignment. (And, yes, I know what I'm talking about here, because I'll soon be graduating with a degree in Graphic Design, so I know how long a simple color correction/matching job in Photoshop tends to take.)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.