Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing from the sims 4 base game? (If anything)

124...Next

Comments

• CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    I don't even know where to begin but basically every Sims 3 feature but with the Sims 4 graphics would be my ideal game
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    We should be able to have custody agreement with families. If not in base game, that should have come with TS4 Parenthood. I sometimes just use the cheat to make a sim apart of that household to simulate shared custody but I wish it was an actual option.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    @Atreya33 - For real, the telescope and microscope are enormous. They’re an eyesore. It’s pretty ridiculous.

I actually think the huge versions are funny. What bothers me is the fact they are the only option for one specific activity. The normal sized option should be the default withtthe huge version as an extra.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Story Progession. I use MCCC, but I’d love for the game to have some of story progression itself - and a toggle to turn it off for those who don’t want that.

Would love story progession even though i got MC - bur would love it more if they let me know whats going on like my best friend Bella Goth decides to text me to announce she is pregnant or divorcing Mortimer!

sounds good to me
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Nothing. Nothing was missing in the first place.

*cough cough toddlers cough cough*

*cough cough* pools *cough cough*

*cough cough* ghost *cough cough*
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • katzsimovichkatzsimovich Posts: 15 New Member
    > @CIASimtridge said:
    > I don't even know where to begin but basically every Sims 3 feature but with the Sims 4 graphics would be my ideal game

I agree. Looking back, the sims 3 had so much gameplay to it. when i was kid, i only really had the basegame (and later on 1 expansion pack) bec i had a low end computer, but i never truly got bored with it. they're Ugly, yeah, esp without cc, and the ts4 sims look prettier, but the sims 4 basegame was just so bare, even when i had to played several families at a time just to keep things exciting.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Nothing. Nothing was missing in the first place.

*cough cough toddlers cough cough*

*cough cough* pools *cough cough*

an the rest lol B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited June 2019
    Too much to mention and we are getting things back little by grudging little and paying most of the way for it. We have got some back in the Patches though. I think EA pushed too hard for a release before it was ready and if they left it another year all those would have been included in the game. Sims 3 is still selling well so they could have left release longer.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2019
    Infants
    Cars
    Open world
    Buying harvestables in grocery store
    Cemetery
    Body hair
    Piercings
    Lounge chairs
    Boy/ girlfriend fiancee in CAS

May seem silly, but I loved picking favorite color, food, and signs in Sims3. I thought that would be in Sims4 since they have emotions ECT.

Supernaturals/ghosts easily changed in CAS so I can make any bin sim one without having to do anything else. Biggest messup in making them. I was so looking forward to making and uploading until I realized you had to go through a silly process to do it. That just killed my creative thoughts. Just as with uploading pics to the forums. I use to all the time and now never. Simple is better.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    One thing that did cause issues for me was not open world but the huge amount of store content installed and when I used Create a style to custom styles in my builds.

I was never able to run TS3 with good performance not even when I bought a new PC for it with way more than over the recommended specs. At the time I always thought it was cause of how the graphics were designed but now I'm thinking it was because of the open world and that the game was constantly having to load and run that entire open world as opposed to the smaller zoned areas we have in TS4. I'm not a technical person though and will admit I could be wrong about it. Either way something caused horrible performance in that game for me and a lot of other people and the fact that open world was not carried over into TS4 makes me wonder if I am actually right about it. Who knows?

I am sorry to hear it for you or any simmer.
    you could be right. just never had it myself.
    It must be the case because a lot of simmers have complained of issues with it.
    I never had a lot of issues personally other than.

save errors
    slow loading of store
    slow create a style
    upload errors.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    1. More NPCs (Firemen, police, burglars, social bunny)
    2. More romance interactions (slow dancing)
    3. Spiral staircases.
    4. Roommates.
    5. Newspapers.
    6. Cars.
    7. Open world.
    8. More baby interactions. Heck, even Sims Freeplay has more options for babies than Sims 4 does.
    9. CRIBS. ‘Nuff said.
    10. Did I mention cribs? CRIBS!
    11. More detail. In Sims 3 your sim could occasionally choke on their food while eating, which I thought was pretty funny.
    12. GROCERIES!!!!!!! I don’t like that your sim can cook whatever they want, whenever they want, without the ingredients. Just ruins the realism.
    13. Favorite things (colors, food, music genre)
    14. Star signs. Even though they don’t really do much.
    15. Online dating, if anyone remembers this feature.
    16. Create a style!
    17. Attraction system.
    18. More. Traits.
    19. DOORBELLS!!!!!!!
    20. Better, more dangerous career chance cards.
    21. Weather. I know this was added as an expansion pack but it should be in the base game.
    22. Graveyards. I don’t want to bury Granny in the backyard. -_-
    That’s all I can think of.

Agreed. I also agree with normal sized items such as the telescope, dollhouse, etc.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    Unique personalities.

Advertised as a part of the base game, still nowhere to be found so many years later.

I think this game is in desperate need of:

Chemistry and friendship system
    Like/Dislikes
    Favourite pastimes/hobbies
    CAS relationships (Like boyfriend or aunt)... Although this was not advertised as part of the base game, this would make story telling far more interesting.
    Consequences
    Memories

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Two words: COLOR WHEEL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif