Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing from the sims 4 base game? (If anything)

Comments

• Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    The one that I would love to have back is create a style, and pattern maker.
    It would be a lot more fun to create rooms with certain colors if we could have create a style.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Most of my main points have been mentioned, but three glaring omissions forever haunt me: body hair, briefs (tighty whities), and individual sim biographies. The latter is especially glaring, because these helped establish a pre-made Sim's personality and story in the game. Right now, a whole family has to share a tiny household description box, which can't even have proper paragraphs.
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Nothing. Nothing was missing in the first place.
    What about pools?

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    A good attraction system, better family relationship metrics, newspapers and magazines, hobbies, private school and home school options, cars, more lots, ability to customize neighborhood names...and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker. This is my wish list. Oh, more careers, too...just the rabbit hole variety. And meaningful chance cards.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2019
    open world
    create a world
    create a style
    story progression
    proper baby life stage
    proper teen life stage
    burglar npc
    fireman npc
    trash compactor
    house phone
    newspaper
    grocery shopping
    cars
    bikes
    garages
    paper boy/girl
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited May 2019
    Most of mine have been mentioned in one form or another but I'll throw them in for my two cents worth anyway:

More activities and quality of life stuff for elders. I hate that they eat, sleep, die.
    Spiral Staircases!
    Witches
    Burglars and firemen
    Trash Compactors
    More Selvadorada style vacation spots (I mean, vacation spots with actual things to do. OR was terrible because you could do everything there was to do there, anyplace else and be less bored.)
    Imaginary Friends. I know they are controversial because as many people find them creepy as people who love them. I loved them and their dumb little walks :)
    Private Investigator job- I'd just love to do it. I think it'd be fun.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Open world ofc, why would they even have excluded this feature after TS3?
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    mrcnlbyrk wrote: »

Open World is never coming for TS4. The game wasn't designed for it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > mrcnlbyrk wrote: »
    >
    > Open world ofc, why would they even have excluded this feature after TS3?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Open World is never coming for TS4. The game wasn't designed for it.

Thx for reminding :(
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I’m just going to list what was in the previous Sims base games that I wasn’t in TS4 that I miss;

-The burger, firefighters, police officers, CPS, and repo man NPCs. They helped make the game more eventful.

-Newspapers (printed word is still a thing, and I missed the little stories that came with them.

-Landlines (also still in use in family homes, especially families with older adults/elders)

-SNUGGLING. IN. BED. Why this was taken out, I’ll never understand.

-Pool Tables (A staple since the first era)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    A Fear emotion. Sims have no fears at all and it makes zero sense.

Traits that affect behaviors and aren't overridden by emotions so that Sims have unique personalities.

The default happy state changed to fine so Sims don't have a constant permagrin.

Adjustments and additions to animations that reflect the Sims' true moods. For example, enemies being angry at each other, not smiling and hugging.

Likes, dislikes and attraction. It seems like anything goes with every Sim and their behaviors are bland without flaws and turnoffs.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Of course not, missing still regardless

It seems a lot of features might never come.

I mean we don't even have proper elevaters , spirals staircases, pool loungers.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    For me its definitely the staple NPC's since the first sims is like the burglar, police and fire fighter.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I have a massive list of aspirations (base game and pack editions) in https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952547/aspirations-you-want-in-sims-4/p1 first page.

In short aspirations for patched careers and skills.
    Why should my freelance programmer have to quit his job and join tech guru to complete the computer aspiration? Or my food critic have to quit and join culinary for the food aspiration?

I also have a massive detailed list of careers somewhere but in short again, these act as lifetime goals so add goals for the BG and patched skills or careers.

Freelance angler, photographer, handyman, carpenter, party planner
    What about more science careers that use base game stuff like microbiologist or legit rocket scientist? Fashion/nature photographer, modelling, mechanic, manager (a pr manager not business), architect etc.

Other features
    - Small versions of telescope, microscope (not every sim has a mansion for the giant versions)
    - cars/carpool (imo unique carpools (the limo, military truck etc should be patched as they are base game features elsewhere).
    - more staircases/floor transport (L, spiral, functional elevators, ladders)
    - more hair swatches
    - more skin details
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    marcel21 wrote: »

These might still come.

I mean curved stairs came in the last EP for TS2. Elevators though, perhaps not. If they did I wish they'd replace/update all of the ones that came with CL.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

These might still come.

I mean curved stairs came in the last EP for TS2. Elevators though, perhaps not. If they did I wish they'd replace/update all of the ones that came with CL.

Should happen. Code it so it transports to elevator numbers, elevators are numbered by the floor level. Even without the animation, I'd like to have elevators in my malls and community lots.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    HopefulSadnesHopefulSadnes Posts: 80 Member
    I'd love to see newspapers back. I'm an occult player but I LOVED how newspapers were in TS3 with the coupons, the news, and happenings around the neighborhood.

"yes we need some kind of online thing like that
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    - Normal-sized / smaller versions of huge base game objects such as telescopes, microscopes, and pianos. There's an upright wooden piano in Get Famous that would be much easier to place in living rooms, if only it wasn't just decoration.
    - More activities that don't require modern technology. It's fine that you can write books on the computer, but there should be an option to do it by hand for old-fashioned or technology-averse sims. (There's a mod for that, but it's buggy.)
    - More activities in general for children. I'm not saying they need more exclusive features, they already have enough of those, but why can't they paint, write books, or do a little gardening? I did all of that as a child.
    - Pond tool.
    - Normal careers such as construction worker, lawyer, teacher (although that one will probably introduced with a future education / uni pack), and all the things teens can do, but for adults.
    - Burglar, police, and fire fighter NPCs.
    - Probably an unpopular opinion, but more household chores such as making beds, and laundry should have been a base game feature. No point in having a maid other than showing off that you're rich enough to afford one, when there's barely anything to do around the house.
    - Having to actually buy new clothes rather than just going into CAS and picking out something new. I guess it would be annoying to change that now, after almost five years, but you'd think since Get To Work was the very first EP, the developers would have foreseen that the clothing stores from that pack would turn out completely useless if you can just have everything for free.
    - Buying stuff in general is just way too simple for my taste. You click on a computer or a shelf or a flower pot (whatever you want to buy) to order something, and it immediately spawns in your sim's inventory. I liked how you had to buy groceries in TS2, and when you did, an actual delivery person came to your house to deliver them a few minutes later, rather than your fridge magically filling up.
    - The ability to bake pizza yourself instead of ordering being the only option.
    - Zodiac signs.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Weather. I have been through TS3 and TS4 as new packs after being spoiled by TS2 Seasons, and the game is so bland to me without weather, I would rather wait until TS5 has weather next time around. It would be great if they just included it upfront.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Fear
    Consequences and depth
    Fire fighters
    Burglars
    Doorbells
    Newspapers
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member

Fear
    Consequences and depth
    Fire fighters
    Burglars
    Doorbells
    Newspapers

ALL OF THIS.

As well as stronger familial relationships. They fixed that somewhat with Parenthood, but hardly. I'd like family members to mean more to each other rather than just being strangers and I wish they would fix step-parent relationships. Or Brother/sister/mother/etc-in-law listings. I hate the "acquaintance" tag.

Also police. I know the police exist in an EP/GP or whatever, but I mean, what purpose do they serve outside of that career?
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I think weather should have been in the base game at this point. They will probably do the same thing in Sims 5 and keep it seperate, but I hate that that's most likely the case. Even more so than pets, I think weather should be a base game feature. They can release an expansion for it in the future to flesh it out further, sure, but very basic things such as seasons, snow, rain, wind and hail should be base game at this point. Also, I wish they would add a color wheel. I know they said that is not going to happen, but I don't get why. There is a color wheel for pets, so how hard could it be to implement in CAS? I'm not even talking full on CASt, just a simple color wheel for furniture and object so we can really feel in control of our sims surroundings.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    freed babies
    slow dance
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    burglars, firefighters and police officers
    i can't believe that they still haven't been added to the game after almost 5 years..
    also zodiac signs :)
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    A simple diving board for the pool.
    WbUrFQm.png