Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing from the sims 4 base game? (If anything)

With the release of the Sims 4 for free, I was reminded of my base game only days. I distinctly remember the lack of game due to rushed development. While many things have been patched in what else if anything is still missing or wrong? If its the most perfect version of the base game it can be what Sims game had the best base game?
Stay Cool B):)

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I've never played the earlier versions of the sims but I'm pretty sure most players who have want spiral stairs and cars. Or so Ive noticed mentioned many times on the forums.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd love to see newspapers back. I'm an occult player but I LOVED how newspapers were in TS3 with the coupons, the news, and happenings around the neighborhood.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Story Progession. I use MCCC, but I’d love for the game to have some of story progression itself - and a toggle to turn it off for those who don’t want that.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'd like to have maybe one more world for the base game? Oasis Springs and Willow Creek are nice, but as someone who's not very good with Build Mode, Newcrest never appealed to me and I'd like another world to just move in to.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If we're talking about relatively simple things, I still want a separate body hair category and recolorable ceilings.

And of course, vehicles. Carpools, bikes, public transportation, private vehicles and whatnot
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Story Progession. I use MCCC, but I’d love for the game to have some of story progression itself - and a toggle to turn it off for those who don’t want that.

This! Story progression makes the world really run. It gives life to the game.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Better babies and better personalities.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Newspapers and land lines are in a weird spot because very few people under the age of 40 use them. Obviously there are exceptions.

The thing is though, why should I be forced into telling stories without them? What if i want my story to be in the 80s? We shouldn't be limited with modern trends and tech.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I think the best base game for the sims was found in Sims 2. It had so much Sims play packed in that base game. Sims 3 had a lot of play too in base game but I remember people complained about some things missing. Maybe the piano?

But Sims 4 was bereft of so much stuff in the base game it didn't hold my interest for very long. It is so much better now! I can play for hours and not want to shut it off.

Can it be improved in its gameplay? Always! I'm looking forward to what they will do next. I agree that better babies and more interaction within the sims is key. And yes, I miss vehicles too!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Better babies is the highest wish on my list. More interactive babies that aren't tied to the weird bassinet thing. At least give us a crib, god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it.

Other than that, spiral stairs, bunk beds, color options for ceilings, better personalities for sims. And favorites; favorite colors, favorite foods, favorite music, and star signs. I also want memories back from the Sims 2.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    To much to list. I find the base games are far to lacking in everything after experiencing play with the expansions.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    The core is just wrong for me.. it has no spirit. Can't change much about that other then hoping for a complete new game.

Features that are missing are:

- Cars
    - Outside game activities for kids
    - Police and burglars
    - Open world (or at least open subhoods)
    - Fireman
    - Basic romantic interactions like slow dance, different kiss/hug styles, relaxing poses on bed/couch
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

Newspapers and land lines are in a weird spot because very few people under the age of 40 use them. Obviously there are exceptions.

The thing is though, why should I be forced into telling stories without them? What if i want my story to be in the 80s? We shouldn't be limited with modern trends and tech.

I always loved adding these to houses. Getting and reading the paper every day was also part of many of my Sim’s morning routines.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    My opinion on the subject? I think I’d have to go with NPCs. Firefighters, police, and burglars, for example.
    I know a lot of people wish for cars, too. I’m indifferent on that matter.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Spiral staircases/landings
    Curved walls
    Sitting with babies and not putting them down between actions
    Body hair and nail colours and piercings
    Being able to ban outside Sims from particular worlds (to be fair, might just be me "missing" that)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    TS4 has come a long way since it's launch that's for sure, but there are still a few features I would like to see added to the base game, particularly improved personalities (with a fear emotion, likes/dislikes, memories etc.), more relationship options in CAS, free babies (with buggies for toddlers too), cars and bikes with public transport, and burglars, firefighter and police NPCs. I'm really glad we're getting more colour swatches soon as the lack of matching build objects drives me crazy, especially the wallpapers. Some little things I also miss are landlines and newspapers, but I know these are not essential. I really want an improved romance system with more interactions (e.g. slowdancing, cuddling in bed, better weddings etc.) too, but hopefully in a romance themed GP.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Nothing. Nothing was missing in the first place.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Nothing. Nothing was missing in the first place.

Toddlers were originally missing but thankfully they fixed that.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    More build tools/options, better personalities, and cars. These are my top three wishes for base game.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    BODY HAIR & story progression
  • TheblacksimmerwhoisTheblacksimmerwhois Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey sims team I’m a black player who loves the sims but I feel that when it comes to Afro styled hair and any other hair type that isn’t exactly straight isn’t represented well I would love in some sort of upcoming patch that there would be new Afro textured hair to put on our sims I know this may be a lot to ask but I feel like this has been a problem especially for console players who cannot get custom content in the game if you need ideas you just simply search google for 3a,3b,3c,4a,4b,and 4c styles or look up on platforms like YouTube and instagram for hair regiments that are used to take care of these hair types. Thank you listening and I love the work that you guys do sincerely a black simmer
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hey sims team I’m a black player who loves the sims but I feel that when it comes to Afro styled hair and any other hair type that isn’t exactly straight isn’t represented well I would love in some sort of upcoming patch that there would be new Afro textured hair to put on our sims I know this may be a lot to ask but I feel like this has been a problem especially for console players who cannot get custom content in the game if you need ideas you just simply search google for 3a,3b,3c,4a,4b,and 4c styles or look up on platforms like YouTube and instagram for hair regiments that are used to take care of these hair types. Thank you listening and I love the work that you guys do sincerely a black simmer

I second this. I made a black sim to be the host of this show I did, and I found the selection of Afro hair wanting. I had to download CC to solve that. I downloaded this, which is amazing :)

MTS_Kiara24-1527497-Hair.jpg
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I second this. I made a black sim to be the host of this show I did, and I found the selection of Afro hair wanting. I had to download CC to solve that. I downloaded this, which is amazing :)

MTS_Kiara24-1527497-Hair.jpg

Neither of those sims is black.

But I guess more black styled hair would be cool.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'd say the base game is still missing:

Graveyards
    Funerals
    Sim biographies
    Curved pools
    Ceiling tiles/paint
    Cars
    Story Progression
    Firemen
    Burglars
    Lounge chairs
    Doorbells
    Body Hair
    Piercings
    A much needed trait/personality update
    Detached babies from bassinets
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IndyPlaysGamesIndyPlaysGames Posts: 5 New Member
    1. Meaningful interactions between the babies and the other sims. Maybe give me a reason to not want to age them up just as soon as they pop out the womb.

2. More interactive water-related items and areas. It's very weird to me that a "free" game like the Sims Freeplay has features such as interactive pool slides, floats, and pool parks that a paid game like the Sims 4 does not offer.

3. Speaking of the Sims Freeplay, there are quite a few features I am really surprised did not make it to TS4 especially considering this game launched before TS4 and was more similar to TS4 in graphics and gameplay than the other sims games. Such as SPIRAL STAIRS, and just different stair build shapes in general (L shaped, Curved). The pets in this free to play game were actually much more interactive and fun but I won't get into that as its not base game technically.

4. More CAS features and options. I wish the CAS was more customizable especially in terms of the facial area. Why isn't there a tool that allows for me (like it does with cats/dogs) to paint on certain aspects and features, such as freckles for example? Not everyone has the classic and stereotypical Marilyn Monroe beauty mark above their lip or to the side of their eye. Why can't I "paint" on these features by hand and truly customize my sims facial and bodily appearance? Why do I have to download sliders to get a realistic hip and breast shape? That seems odd to me.

These few things to say the least. I am sure there are many more that will come to mind later.