Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many worlds/save files do you have?

I have one world/save file since I bought the game in 2014. I play with aging off but I still have plenty of room to play out my ideas (2000 hours played). If I have a new idea, goal, or challenge I wish to accomplish I just create a new household within the same file. I really enjoy it because my original sim households feel like old friends. I still have some blank lots, and I have had some households I created but ended up deleting because they ended up not fitting in my world for one reason or another.

It’s as if my one world is my Sims 4 magnum opus that will never be published until I’m completely satisfied. When I become completely satisfied I will turn aging on... but that’s something for a future date.

How do you choose to enjoy your creativity within TS4?

How many worlds/save files do you have? 251 votes

One save file/world
20%
IcewolfBlkBarbiegalaelias24Writin_Regelanorbretonsimgirl1010BluelleldmarkoKirbySkywalkerMizzila1297CaityTrinacharmed4life4orangehippogriffbixtersThenyoukissmeLemon405CogshellDoloresGreytexxx78ChadSims2 52 votes
One main save file/world but others for testing purposes
11%
CK213LaBlue0314SimmervilleLadyDecafScarbo27NinoosimxXPandoraXxAquariusMomfullspiralAlbaWaterhouseTechbiltInternal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57mikaCupidhappyopiGrumpyGlowfishVivi_WillowTreeFurAndYarn 28 votes
Bugs/other have forced me to have 1+ save file
1%
Wintermist_SWEMonaveilEleanor015Lady_EarthEvee95 5 votes
2-3
17%
Goth583TheSpotted_CIsb917Thunderbat87SavorySageluthienrisingTorieSimplyJensaraemily112spice3stephanie132392FLaurieLoriTSpannaliese39BigCatlover26LyrieCellardwellerMasonGamerArmika74TheRedLion 43 votes
3-5
11%
Akl500PverlainemIceyJMariefoxprice83JestTrumitchiebanjostehlampeLindsaySeddon1Ninja-Dan22SindocatDevilNDisguisefiercephoenix91catmando830BooV7227mebagl15Bhawkins0402FanPhoriaj1z1TurquoisePapayaAngelD 30 votes
5+
28%
DannydanboicmnfrshColorist40Monet11SleepycatDSLKelleygirlmcruddCorkysPetalsBloosmooMaryVannPaigeisin5RadioAChickencchant86WyrrenloubyloulouSxcDannii202AncientMusegreydonnmlmeadowsJennygg 72 votes
Alternative (multiple worlds because...)
5%
Montrase102Vageniusstilljustme2halloweenchildWaytoomanyUIDsHermitgirlScobreAquaGamer1212SilentKittyMisa_wants_PepsiPlainevilLaneBoy1995Brook98LynnSimsLady2000[Deleted User] 15 votes
Multiple, some I play when my significant other or children are around, others I play when I’m alone
2%
SimburianLizzychicagoSakuske1MaiaPlaysSimsZazzyKittynmightysprite 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    One save file/world
    One only. When I get tired I delete the save and start a new one.
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    2-3
    I have one who I play with aging off, and is semi rotational. I love this save.

One for my not so berry challenge and one for my get famous save.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    3-5
    telmarina wrote: »
    One only. When I get tired I delete the save and start a new one.

I open a new save file first with the intention of having more than one on the go but in reality I just play the new one until I can't remember or care what was on the old one and I delete it. I currently have 5 "on the go"
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I once created a birthday card for my sister that had us and our parents as sims on it, and I sometimes use the game to recreate scenes from my novels. That's what I have a second save for. However, I only play normally in one save.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    5+
    I have over 30 saves. I only play one household per save, so I'm constantly starting new saves when I get ideas for a household I want to create.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    5+
    I have at least twenty saves, but I'm usually only playing 3 to 6 of them at a time.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    5+
    1. Vanilla style-no mods(this one is hard for me to play sometimes lol)
    2. Upgrowth Challenge(limited mods/cc)
    3. 100 baby challenge(all the mods!)
    4. One for my son Tyler ( without all the adult flavored mods)
    5. My main save (all the mods and my fav sims)
    6. Celebrity style save-Where I have all manner of irl/pop culture celebs from Snoop Dogg to Geralt and Durotan
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I really can't vote. I have multiple saves on multiple computers. My kids and husband also have some saves. We have almost 6000 of playtime while origin was logged on between 5 people, but we play offline a majority of the time. It depends on my mood as to what save I play, but I have legacy and challenge saves. Also depending on the computer, I have vanilla saves or mods/cc saves.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    3-5
    I have my main save, which I’ve been working on for over a year now and is my pride and joy, my test save where I try new things I wouldn’t do on any other save, my Get Famous save I don’t really use anymore, my building save where I build stuff and have test families to make sure it’s suitable for the gallery, and my Strangerville save I haven’t played on for a while.
    ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ƗŞ ŴΔƗŦƗŇǤ. ĴØIŇ UŞ ĴØIŇ UŞ ĴØIŇ UŞ
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    5+
    I'll admit here, among my fellow Sim Junkies.. The number is high.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    3-5
    I have one for my 100 baby challenge, one that I've been playing for several years with aging off because I like the family how they are, and 1 rotational play where I play more than one family in the same save file. I also have two others that I created but never really play them so not sure they would count LOL! I may delete those files one day.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I guess I have around 3-5 main ones. I'm also prepping some for possible future updates.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    One save file/world
    Right now I have one seeing when Stranger ville came out I removed my folder from my game as I had several long playing games in that save i wanted to put aside in hopes of Witches and University - as I had many teens I was ready to send to college in one of the saves I had been playing a long time - and another save on my Vamps kept to where i wanted them - until we got Witches added as I have another long time story going I felt needed Witches to add to the mix. So not wanting any of these games to possibly go ways I did not want them to go - I moved out the folder and started a new one with Strangerville. Which technically has 3 Strangerville stories in that folder - as I fought the mother with 3 different main sims and storylines - but eventually settled on the last one I started and have been playing in that one since.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    3-5
    I have three core saves at the moment: my not so berry save, my decades challenge save, and my save with the Landgraab legacy. I also have two other saves which I rarely play: the save where I'm playing a sim who's completing all the skills, careers, and aspirations, and an old save where I'm on gen 6(?) of a family (which I basically don't play but want to keep for old time's sake).
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    2-3
    I have two, two different centuries :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    One save file/world
    I only have one save file where everything in my game happens. I don't plan on starting any new ones.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I have my template save which i use for starting new stories -- actually I'm about to make a copy of that save and do the Strangerville story again (previous template got corrupted and festivals weren't spawning so I've had to start over). I also have a save I use for testing as well as for working on builds (mostly remodels since I can't build worth a lick), one save that has all the worlds in pristine condition (if I need to replace a venue) and two save files (Plumbella's and lilsimsie's) which I use as resources for buildings and families. I have one more save file planned -- I'm going to delete all the Sims from the template file and add in the Sims that Maxis has been uploading like the Newbies, the Smiths, etc. Eventually I'll be playing that save but it's more of a long-term project; I'm hoping they'll upload some of the Veronaville families from Sims 2 like the Montys and Capps, maybe the Summerdreams if we get fairies in a future pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2019
    Meh, not so much for testing purposes. I just use other saves to store sims and lots. But it's close enough.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    5+
    6 that I'm actively playing, 2 old ones that I haven't been able to get back into.
  • Options
    gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    5+
    just counted, i have 26 save files. its honestly because i get bored and just keep making new sims/storylines. my goal is to actually finish the save file i'm playing with currently!!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have way more than 5 but most of my saves have a theme or story so I guess "alternative" fits best. I don't want my celebrity caricature sims running into the Hannibal crew or ending up in Stardew Valley ect. I have alien saves and ghost focused saves and save games that have Sims 1 and 2 characters in them ect and more.. I have also have saves that I run mods with while keeping most of my saves vanilla.
    As long as I label them well it works.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    2-3
    I have two, and while I use the same mods in both the worlds in both saves are very different. The first save is a legacy one from my sim Teagan and Akira Kibo's line. I loved Teagan and Akira so I continue to play with it, but I got bored one day and decided for the first time to create a new save which takes place in Del Sol Valley with lots of new venues in the other worlds.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    3-5
    At the moment, only four. Two are mine and two are my girlfriend’s.
    One of mine is my main save, which I’ve been playing since Get Together was released. Generational play on that one. The other save of mine is a template, where I’ve gone through and updated all of the lots in all of the worlds to fit my liking, that way if I ever decide to start a new save, it’ll be all ready for me to play.
    With my girlfriend’s two saves, one is similar to mine, being all family-play and whatnot, while the other one which she just recently created, she played the Strangerville storyline on.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2019
    2-3
    I typically play one household/story per save with ageing off. I have been playing my main household since I started playing TS4 and I have a 'back up' save with all the worlds set out how I want them. I also have another save/household that I sometimes play when I'm in the mood for something different.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    3-5
    I have 4. I'm thinking about adding another one. I like to build so when I run out of lots I start a new save. This one I think I'm going to buldoze a majority of the lots. I'm just not sure if I can delete the commercial lots without crashing the game. So I will probably just buldoze the residential lots so I can have more lots to build on.