Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you been playing The Sims 4 for?

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    1-2 years; I’ve been playing for a while and feel experienced with The Sims 4.
    I wasn't impressed by the Sims 4 when it came out and instead bought all the expansions for 3. Played that for a couple of years until it got so sluggish that I was waiting at least half an hour just to load the game (I had a lot of cc and mods). January 2017 toddlers and vampires were released for the Sims 4 and it caught my attention as I loved to play with vampires in 3. Decided to check it out and 2 1/2 years later I have every EP, GP, and SP for the game and I haven't looked back.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2019
    Under a month; I’m new to The Sims 4.
    Under a month. I think I picked it up on the 25th of May? During the free offer, in any event.

I have a lot invested in TS3, and, especially hearing that Create a Style was not supported (it is an utility I use heavily), I resisted moving on.

Well, a free offer of the base game was enough to convince me to at least give TS4 a try. My impressions:
    • I miss the open world - neighborhoods feel small, and there are too few free lots.
    • That said, Oasis Springs is lovely - I enjoy the desert ambience.
    • As well, I love the speedy load time. TS3 was dragging on my poor laptop.
    • I miss Create a Style less than I thought I would, but hope and pray they find a way to give us something similar.
    • Girl pants on Boy Sims is everything I never knew my uber-gay male Sims were missing. Two words: Daisy Dukes.
    • On a more serious note, I am not ready to raise a family yet, but it is nice that my male couples have the option.
    • Build Mode is different enough that I am still very clumsy with it.
    • There is much more to do even in the base game than I have had time to explore. I should. My play is getting same-y.

To those who monitor on EA/Maxis' behalf for the Marketing Overlords, let the record show that when I picked up the base game for free, it was less than a week before I started spending money. My sis (who plays with me over my shoulder) sprung for Perfect Patio, because, she said, I needed to have hot tubs available. Hot tubs, to me, require saunas and massage tables, so Spa Day was my first purchase for myself. Look how serene Avery is already!

6G7UUH1.png
  • sofiavp17sofiavp17 Posts: 7 New Member
    I have dreamed of playing the sims 4 forever, but finally got it only about a month ago....
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    3-4 years; I’m very experienced with The Sims 4.
    Yay! Congrats for finally getting Sims 4 :)@sofiavp17
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I have been playing the game since 2017, after toddlers were added to the game.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2019
    5 years; I’ve been playing since the beginning of The Sims 4. Has it really been that long? Wow.
    @sindocat you'll get used to the lack of open world. It's kind of a bummer they didn't include it but with Sims 3 being so prone to routing errors and stuff I can understand why the reverted to a closed world. But you do get used to it, eventually.
  • sofiavp17sofiavp17 Posts: 7 New Member
    @EnjoyfulSimmer Thanks!
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    5 years; I’ve been playing since the beginning of The Sims 4. Has it really been that long? Wow.
    I've been playing the Sims since 2003. And the Sims 4, the day after its release.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    December 2017! Wanted to get the game since it launched.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Been playing Sims since the year 2000. But definitely can't believe Sims 4 has been out 5 years already, no wonder it feels lacking in certain areas.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I’m always late to The Sims since the very first one but eventually I get there~

It will officially be two years playing Sims 4 in July 😊💜
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Like any good simoholic, I played it from the start. :smile:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    I got a new laptop for Sims 4 before it came out, only to discover it wasn't actually needed then, plus pre-ordering the guide-book and the game for when it came out.
    I'm now playing on a gaming computer with all the 'bells and whistles' and enjoying the game running at its' best with all packs installed.

I won't do any more pre-ordering though unless they make it worth my while. (hint, hint, EA)
    10% won't do for someone who previously kept the game afloat by buying at full price. :(
  • AgrestAgrest Posts: 28 Member
    I didn't want to move on from ts2 for the longest time. When I finally decided to get ts3 I just couldn't fully get into it because of the lag. Shortly after I decided to get ts4 as well, I was mostly swayed seeing pictures and videos of the new cas, loved how fluid the animations and facial expressions were.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I've been playing since falling in love at the very beginning of The Sims 1 and I've followed it all the way through... I'm getting old :D
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    6-12 months; I’m fairly experienced with The Sims 4.
    I was a Sims 2 player. Initially disappointed with the lack of toddlers in Sims 2, I didn't think I would enjoy Sims 4. When they gave the game away a few months ago, I decided to give it a try. While I miss the overall liveliness of Sims 2 at times, I found I enjoyed the look and feel of the newer version. I have since bought quite a few expansions and game packs. So, well played EA, well played.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims since 2002, played every iteration including some of the side games. The Sims 4 demo since September 2014 and then installed the Sims 4 on November 2014 and joined the Sims community in December 2014.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I bought Sims 4 on spring 2015.
    I had never played earlier Sims games on PC and I fell in love with Sims 4 immediately. Although I would've loved to have tried Sims 1, 2, and 3 I feel kind of relieved that I don't have to miss things from those earlier games, I can just enjoy Sims 4 as it is and not compare it to any other game.
  • Hak_vinHak_vin Posts: 32 Member
    6-12 months; I’m fairly experienced with The Sims 4.
    At first I was iffy about S4 because of all the mixed reviews of long time players, but I took a chance when I got S4 for free. I haven't played for a full year yet, but I pulled many late nights just playing it, and it feels like I've been playing for years.
  • Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    Bought it when it came out, but have mostly been playing sims 3, as the games are never good until you get about half a dozen expansion packs. Also so old I started playing the sims when it came out. Came out while I was still in college. 🐸🐸🐸🐸, that is like 20 years ago, time flies.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited November 2019
    Been playing this series since the OG Sims back in 2000, yo!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    My install date says December 15, 2015.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    January 24th, 2018 - July 27th, 2018 on Console
    July 27th, 2018 - Present on PC
  • VedenhaltiaVedenhaltia Posts: 16 Member
    I have played Sims 4 about two and half years I think but in general I have played Sims since Sims 2.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I regret getting the game at the beginning. I should have waited until 2018. It was very limited back then. But now it's finally improving.