Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When a paparazzi sim catches fire on your lot

Do you:
- Leisurely get to them
- Stand there looking at them laughing and clapping as they burn
- Be the fire department and go the wrong way
- Get there at the same time as a family member and stand there until one of you puts them out

This happened in my game today just as I was going to save and quit. How does a sim just randomly catch fire?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    2nd. Let them buuuurn ahaha They are annoying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Could be from the sun? Random combustion I think is possible in seasons
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2019
    Never invite them in they will most certainly burn your couch.

I like to kick them down the stairs.

xPsWygF.gif

Truthfully though I edit the generated paparazzi townies to all look like bikini clad swimwear models so it looks like the Playboy Mansion at my house to my nosy sim neighbors.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Never invite them in they will most certainly burn your couch.

I like to kick them down the stairs.

xPsWygF.gif

Truthfully though I edit the generated paparazzi townies to all look like bikini clad swimwear models so it looks like the Playboy Mansion at my house to my nosy sim neighbors.

I wish we could actually push sims down the stairs. Wouldn't that be hilarious? They could get a sore back after that, it could be a mean interaction.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Option 2. I'd be laughing and say, "Ha ha that's what you get for invading my Sims privacy!"

:naughty:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Option 2 just because it's the funniest.

Years ago I tried setting the mime in the Sims 1 on fire by lighting a firework in a room without a door. My sacrificial sim died and the whole place was set a blaze but that blasted mime somehow survived and was making boxes as a way to mock me.

Long story short, I'm cruel to sims ans sims randomly (or intentionally) dying is funny to me. >:)
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Put the fire out. The reason ? I once had a repairman electrocuted on my home lot and he haunted the place. Literally. Now I am off to edit a few townies with swimwear :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I remember a game from years ago. Every day he caught on fire and died and returned next day to do it all over again. The tombstones mounted up on the footpath and still he kept coming back the next day. It seems the game generated a new paparazzi each time and each time it was an apparently identical sim to the one who died the day before. It seems to be caused by them getting too hot in the sun.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I've never seen any sim catch fire from being outside too long in any of my games. But if any paparazzi caught fire on my sims' lot, I'd ignore then and leave them to their fate. But I would definitely have my sim take the headstone to the graveyard, rather than allow them to stay in their yard (like I did when the cowplant just outside the fence ate them).
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    The paparazzi behave they way in which they do because they are programmed that way. It isn't their fault. Have any of you at least tried to rehabilitate them into becoming useful members of society? I mean, you won't be successful unless you remove from the assigned role (in which case new sims will spawn or be assigned to take their place anyway), but at least trying to is the kind and humane thing to do.

The only one posting here who comes close to this ideal is @CravenLestat with his playboy bunny strategy, and no offense but there's a sentence I never thought I would find myself uttering. The rest of you are despicable and I want you all off my Internet. :rage::p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Excuse me @igazor but I spend a lot of time resetting paparazzi after one starved to death on the lot boundary. I kept hoping he would go disappear and grab a bite to eat but it never happened :/ It's the same with zombies, otherwise my sims are up all night chucking cure potions at them. This is all you can do when you play vanilla ........
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    @Bettyboop55 - Hey, at least you tried. I've had my sims try to seduce them romantically (nothing to do with mod usage). It doesn't usually work out very well, the paparazzi don't have much of an attention span.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    @Bettyboop55 - Hey, at least you tried. I've had my sims try to seduce them romantically (nothing to do with mod usage). It doesn't usually work out very well, the paparazzi don't have much of an attention span.

That's because they want to get away to chase the next big story :D

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    The paparazzi behave they way in which they do because they are programmed that way. It isn't their fault. Have any of you at least tried to rehabilitate them into becoming useful members of society? I mean, you won't be successful unless you remove from the assigned role (in which case new sims will spawn or be assigned to take their place anyway), but at least trying to is the kind and humane thing to do.

Actually, my first singer married a paparazzo, and I only had a cowplant eat one once. I felt like a murderer, and never used the cowplant again. And I saved the paparazzo that replaced him to the CAS bin and have used her as a resident in one of my custom worlds. Most of the time I ignore them, unless they get on my nerves making too much noise while they hang out in front of my sims' house all night. Then I use MC to send them home or reset them.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I have no idea what the interaction is called exactly, but you can ask a complicated question or something like that? Think it came with University. And as a result the other sim can get on fire. So, maybe that’s what happened?

2604222_orig.png

9177339_orig.png

I’d put out the fire immediately by the way, paparazzo or not. I’m a softie where is comes to fire.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 -- LOL, that would be daring them to Divide By Zero. Which is impossible to do and sims being digital creatures tend to explode, or rather they catch fire, when they try. I see that one as more of a fun prank than anything else, not sure I've ever noticed it being used by sims autonomously but that kind of mischief might be trait related. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Well, I haven't played with celebrity points in a long while. I like the paparazzi in town because they are extra sims that hang around the places. Sometimes they crash my parties, but it's okay.