Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is Free for a Limited Time!

For PC and Mac that is. I predicted a while ago that the Sims 4 might head into a "free to play" direction with DLC being its main source of business, sure this is only for a limited time but I would assume something similair will happen again at some point in the future, maybe even be discounted to free permenantly at a certain point in time. Regardless, spread the word! Whether you hate or love the Sims 4 this is a really good deal.

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I noticed this earlier. Definitely a great deal!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I spent years talking smack about this game. So when I showed this to my friends, none of them want to even bother with it. Whoops.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I spent years talking smack about this game. So when I showed this to my friends, none of them want to even bother with it. Whoops.

LOL 😂 well I guess you have a few days to talk about how great it is quickly haha
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

LOL :D

I mean there's literally nothing to lose here, it's a free game.
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

Nothing is free. There is a catch here. The base game is so empty and screaming - buy anything. Just to not feel so empty. EA are... EA again.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

Nothing is free. There is a catch here. The base game is so empty and screaming - buy anything. Just to not feel so empty. EA are... EA again.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Laconic/AccentuateTheNegative
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    Now I finally have the Sims 4! (Still prefer the Sims 3, though…)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For PC and Mac that is. I predicted a while ago that the Sims 4 might head into a "free to play" direction with DLC being its main source of business, sure this is only for a limited time but I would assume something similair will happen again at some point in the future, maybe even be discounted to free permenantly at a certain point in time. Regardless, spread the word! Whether you hate or love the Sims 4 this is a really good deal.

EA/Maxis is doing what Blizzard did with WOW the base game is now free but not the expansions. I agree after the free to play option happening after an time.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

EA/Maxis is doing what Blizzard did with WOW the base game is now free but not the expansions. I agree after the free to play option happening after an time.

A Mobile Idea.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

you require to pay a subscription to start playing, so technically WoW is 14.99$ for the base game and 14.99$ monthly unless you can grind enough gold to buy it off another player.

That being said, The Sims 4 is doing SO well that they need to give out the base game for free... I honestly rather they kept it buy to play and added The Sims 1 somewhere for free, or The Sims 2, as both are now off sale and unless you can hunt down an old disc, you can't get it anymore.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    can people who bought cats and dogs get mfp for free now?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    can people who bought cats and dogs get mfp for free now?

Only the base game is free. For a limited time.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    But you > @Sanriel85 said:
    > filipomel wrote: »
    >
    > Gordy wrote: »
    >
    > I spent years talking smack about this game. So when I showed this to my friends, none of them want to even bother with it. Whoops.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LOL :D
    >
    > I mean there's literally nothing to lose here, it's a free game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing is free. There is a catch here. The base game is so empty and screaming - buy anything. Just to not feel so empty. EA are... EA again.

Haha, and eventually pay thousand for DLC.
    4kTG3iX.png
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Will the free copy of sims 4 automatically come with the updates like toddlers? I assume so, or do they have to clilck on update once they install the game?
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Will the free copy of sims 4 automatically come with the updates like toddlers? I assume so, or do they have to clilck on update once they install the game?

It's the full base game with all the updates and all future updates.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019

TS4 isn't going free to play. It's a five year old game though. It's free for a short time. EA has done the same with other games that aren't selling well or when they want to lure people in to spend money on DLC or with older games.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sanriel85 wrote: »

I feel like most people getting this free offer are new to the franchise as a whole, so they have no previous experience to compare this completely new experience too. To them it probably ain't that empty.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »

It's the full base game with all the updates and all future updates.

I thought so, but wanted to make sure. Thanks.
    edited May 2019
    mirta000 wrote: »

you require to pay a subscription to start playing, so technically WoW is 14.99$ for the base game and 14.99$ monthly unless you can grind enough gold to buy it off another player.

That being said, The Sims 4 is doing SO well that they need to give out the base game for free... I honestly rather they kept it buy to play and added The Sims 1 somewhere for free, or The Sims 2, as both are now off sale and unless you can hunt down an old disc, you can't get it anymore.

You pay when you want to play the expansions, the vanilla WOW is free without any expansions. I used to play WOW a long time ago.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    And thus, I hate myself for purchasing at launch. If there is a Sims 5, I will wait for a free giveaway.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    KayeStar wrote: »
    And thus, I hate myself for purchasing at launch. If there is a Sims 5, I will wait for a free giveaway.

Don't blame yourself for that, a lot of people like me did the same for most thought it would be the best in series and it was the less in series. I just cannot do with less and must have more and not content alone and no gimped program.