Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be new for Sims 5?

MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
There’s a lot of things about cool stuff they should add for Sims. This is so we can talk about them all. What additions do u think they should add for Sims 5? Do u think the graphics should be as cartoonish as Sims 4 or make graphics look more like Sims 3? What do u think they should take out that they added in Sims 4 or even Sims 2 or 3? Is there any expansion packs that should be changed?
Here are some things I think would be good...
- you shouldn’t have to have an expansion pack to have pets
- Disability’s
- I personally like Sims 3 graphics better
- They shouldn’t show maids, new paper people, and taxi drivers and not allow u to be one
- Heights
- I like the Seasons expansion pack but I feel like weather should already be in it. They can keep that expansion pack just make weather a given

What do u think should be added/taken away? Do u agree with my opinions?

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    They should definetly make Pets and Seasons free, even if they don't come right away but instead in a free patch.

I also agree with the disabilities, but I think that they should just do the most well-known ones, plus a way to create more that fewer people are aware of. This way the minimum amount of people will feel left out.

They should also not have sims autonomously grab drinks from the fridge! This is one of my biggest pet-peeves from the game.

A way to control what townies wear! Earlier I saw a townie wearing a shirt that was too low in the back, a floofy skirt, knee-high socks, heels, and a bajillion bracelets. *shudder*

A city world in the base game. It doesn't have to be as complex as San Myshuno, just a basic sim-version of New York, but it would be nice.

Lastly, I would like parenting and laundry included in the base game. I don't know how to explain this very well, but I do.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    edited May 2019
    I started with TS4, so I really have no frame of reference for the graphics thing, but I'd like to be able to choose if its "cartoony" or realistic looking, although I'd probably choose realistic graphics.

As far as what I think TS4 is lacking that should be in TS5:
    1. Co-op style play option
    2. Believable looking walkstyles
    3. Height sliders and genetically passed down heights
    4. Pre-teen life stage with voice cracks :D
    5. Create a world (like set up gated communities)
    6. A better terraforming system for lots
    7. Actual interactive careers
    8. Skip life stage option that makes your game advance a little quicker
    9. Update releases instead of packs
    10. Income placement (kinda tying into the gated community thing)
    11. Job applications
    12. School systems (even create-a-school)
    13. A fantasy world that has everything from super heroes/villains to vampires/werewolves and lairs
    14. Cars, trains, planes, and a view travel option, not just *poof* "here I am!"
    15. Better activities like start a band and get paid, not just unpaid clubs
    16. Interactive babies (strollers and baby pouches)

I think the stuff already in TS4 should be included. These are just a few of the things I want to see at some point :)

Plus your ideas too :D
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Drigger wrote: »
    I started with TS4, so I really have no frame of reference for the graphics thing, but I'd like to be able to choose if its "cartoony" or realistic looking, although I'd probably choose realistic graphics.

As far as what I think TS4 is lacking that should be in TS5:
    1. Co-op style play option
    2. Believable looking walkstyles
    3. Height sliders and genetically passed down heights
    4. Pre-teen life stage with voice cracks :D
    5. Create a world (like set up gated communities)
    6. A better terraforming system for lots
    7. Actual interactive careers
    8. Skip life stage option that makes your game advance a little quicker
    9. Update releases instead of packs
    10. Income placement (kinda tying into the gated community thing)
    11. Job applications
    12. School systems (even create-a-school)
    13. A fantasy world that has everything from super heroes/villains to vampires/werewolves and lairs
    14. Cars, trains, planes, and a view travel option, not just *poof* "here I am!"
    15. Better activities like start a band and get paid, not just unpaid clubs
    16. Interactive babies (strollers and baby pouches)

I think the stuff already in TS4 should be included. These are just a few of the things I want to see at some point :)

Plus your ideas too :D

I love the co-op option. Me and my friend always argue when we don’t want to take turns. I feel like they should make a town that has real people that are actually playing and no comps. They have a fast forward button in Sims 3 but I don’t know if that’s what your taking about. In Sims 3 they have an expansion pack with a bunch of monsters. You do get to drive around in Sims 3. That’s one thing I don’t like about Sims 4. In an expansion pack for Sims 3 called Late Night you are allowed to start a band. Looking at this I realize how much I like 3 better than 4. Another thing I don’t like about Sims 4 is that if they are in different places you can’t play both of your characters. In 3 of all your people are spread across town then u can switch back and forth easily. I could be wrong about some of this Sims 4 stuff because I only ever play it when I’m at my friends house
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    > @Drigger said:
    > I started with TS4, so I really have no frame of reference for the graphics thing, but I'd like to be able to choose if its "cartoony" or realistic looking, although I'd probably choose realistic graphics.
    >
    > As far as what I think TS4 is lacking that should be in TS5:
    > * Co-op style play option
    > * Believable looking walkstyles
    > * Height sliders and genetically passed down heights
    > * Pre-teen life stage with voice cracks :D
    > * Create a world (like set up gated communities)
    > * A better terraforming system for lots
    > * Actual interactive careers
    > * Skip life stage option that makes your game advance a little quicker
    > * Update releases instead of packs
    > * Income placement (kinda tying into the gated community thing)
    > * Job applications
    > * School systems (even create-a-school)
    > * A fantasy world that has everything from super heroes/villains to vampires/werewolves and lairs
    > * Cars, trains, planes, and a view travel option, not just *poof* "here I am!"
    > * Better activities like start a band and get paid, not just unpaid clubs
    > * Interactive babies (strollers and baby pouches)
    >
    >
    >
    > I think the stuff already in TS4 should be included. These are just a few of the things I want to see at some point :)
    >
    >
    > Plus your ideas too :D
    Omg! I agree with everything you said! Also, we should not have to pay 40 USD for an expansion pack. They are literally the same price as base game.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Love all the ideas people are saying.
    I'm thinking something like Sims3, with weather, seasons and pets included, more pet options (rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs) more farm animals, avatar height changer, ability to add a split level staircase or build split level houses, ability to attach garages to foundations easier, indoor fireplaces without the weird brick behind them, laundry, baby changing tables, wedding furniture included; more intereactive school & jobs (e.g make some like when a sim uses the VR glasses where an event happens at school or a dance and you chose how your sim reacts based on it's traits) As far as jobs, stuff like firefighters putting out fires and rescuing the occasional cat up a tree and stuff like that; more dog and horse breeds; better horse interactions and new competitions; zoos with zookeeper jobs; ability to become an animal rescuer or whatever their called when u take care of a puppy or something until someone wants to adopt it...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
    I think the turn on/offs from TS2 should make a return, along with favorites and zodiacs from TS3. TS2 attraction system is by far the best. Emotions should be fully polished and harder to change, IMO.

I would like the next game to be open world, but I doubt that will happen though. I 100% do want an option for TS3 CAS or TS4 CAS.

I’m better with sliders, so if there was an option for them in the next game, it’d be very happy.
    April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪