Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope the pack has mermaids

I know this unlikely, but if it's an island pack. I hope for mermaids.

Comments

• mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    Me too
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, I do too! If I can't have Supernatural yet, at least give me mermaids to serenade my vampire on his holidays.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2019
    More like it better have mermaids, since we have been denied Occults forever. I don't even need them to have the same feature depth as vampires, though there is no reason for them not to as we are talking about an EP and they are supposedly the only occults that fit the pack theme.
    Still, in the end I'd much rather have some of my favorite Occults even if not as meaty as Vampires than not having them at all in TS4.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope there are merfolk in this EP if it is a tropical EP. And I would definitely want them fleshed out (or scaled out as the case may be). I'd like to create them in CAS, both the human version and the merfolk version. I want some to have tails and some not need tails. Scales could be placed like tatoos (I don't want total 100% scales, I want to decide how scaley they are). I also want to decide when my merfolk change. I don't want them to be in public and go for a swim and BAM! suddenly they have a tail. And when they are swimming with a tail, I'd like a happy buff that they get from being natural and not in hiding.

I'd also like for the human versions to have an effect on normal sims, some kind of Siren Call that makes normal sims kind of slightly fall in love. Not a full on love match, just an influence type of thing. May be they get better prices or deals or random gifts from other sims. It could be a trait.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Don't get your hopes up. Occults don't matter to this iteration of The Sims and people will whine about them OR they'll only be temporary or unattainable for your own sims.
    Don't get your hopes up. Occults don't matter to this iteration of The Sims and people will whine about them OR they'll only be temporary or unattainable for your own sims.

We may not have gotten as many as I wish we would have by now, but if Vampires is any indication, when we get them, they will be spectacular.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

We may not have gotten as many as I wish we would have by now, but if Vampires is any indication, when we get them, they will be spectacular.

True, but don't expect them to be spectacular with an EP where they have trade off after trade off.

They better dedicate full GP's to supernatural states instead of shoehorning them into some pack as a small side feature.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think Mersims would work fine in an EP as there's not as much variation in lore as there is for Vampires etc. Their potential powers/abilities aren't as vast in scope. They could be implemented with a standard set of abilities like aliens, E.G:
    • Human and oceanic forms
    • Dive longer because they breathe underwater
    • Charismatic Siren-like powers (could be platonic or romantic)
    • Power over water or sea life (create waves in pools, summon sharks)
    • Better at finding rare underwater collectibles/fish

I hope they have a tie in with the Singing skill if you also have CL.
    edited May 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »

True, but don't expect them to be spectacular with an EP where they have trade off after trade off.

They better dedicate full GP's to supernatural states instead of shoehorning them into some pack as a small side feature.

The problem with dedicated GPs for Supernaturals is that at this point chances are we'll get Witches and that's about it. I mean, just look at how long it's taken to get Witches (and even getting them this year is wishful thinking, though with high chances). We'd probably get Witches and then maaaybe something like Werewolves next year or Fairies, The End.
    Post edited by SimsBro on
    SimsBro wrote: »

The problem with dedicated GPs for Supernatural is that at this point chances are we'll get Witches and that's about it. I mean, just look at how long it's taken to get Witches (and even getting them this year is wishful thinking, though with high chances). We'd probably get Witches and then maaaybe something like werewolves next year or fairies, The End.

Yup pretty much.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I know this unlikely, but if it's an island pack. I hope for mermaids.

I hope so too. If they dont include mermaids that's a big missed opportunity.I want mersims.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I want witches, and then Robots. I would like Robots that are mechanical and Robots that are Similar to people.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Me too
    WbUrFQm.png

I see your point, but there isn't as much history as there is with vampires. And if they don't add in a bunch of stuff that could go in a GP or SP like pool stuff and hotel stuff, Merfolk could be done very well in an EP.

I also don't see a Supernatural pack ever coming. I think Vampires was a one off. Most other occults could fit in EPs (which may be the only way to get them) and still be fleshed out.

I'd like a magic pack that is a nod to Makin' Magic from S1. Not a direct copy, but it had a lot of fun magic stuff in it. And I think that if they include all magical creatures (witches, fairies, genies, etc. because most magic is really all the same, just delivered differently) it could be a great pack.

I see your point, but there isn't as much history as there is with vampires. And if they don't add in a bunch of stuff that could go in a GP or SP like pool stuff and hotel stuff, Merfolk could be done very well in an EP.

I also don't see a Supernatural pack ever coming. I think Vampires was a one off. Most other occults could fit in EPs (which may be the only way to get them) and still be fleshed out.

I'd like a magic pack that is a nod to Makin' Magic from S1. Not a direct copy, but it had a lot of fun magic stuff in it. And I think that if they include all magical creatures (witches, fairies, genies, etc. because most magic is really all the same, just delivered differently) it could be a great pack.

That's also true.

Let's wait and see. Would be a nice addition if they can pull it off though, but I am not holding my breath for it. :)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If the pack truly is a tropical pack and it has mermaids, I hope there's a way to prevent them from appearing for those of us who don't want them to interfere with our gameplay.
    If the pack truly is a tropical pack and it has mermaids, I hope there's a way to prevent them from appearing for those of us who don't want them to interfere with our gameplay.

I was thinking that if merfolk were a CAS only creation, then none would be in the game unless you wanted them.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Perhaps you have to find them in game by following a series of steps, or finding a hidden location?

I'd also like to be able to make them in CAS though.
    edited May 2019

I also agree that they can make EPs with fully fleshed out thematic Occults - so long as they focus on let's say just one type like with Mermaids in Island/Tropical Paradise, instead of trying to shoehorn multiple ones in an EP that's already focused on something else at its base.

I also agree that they can make EPs with fully fleshed out thematic Occults - so long as they focus on let's say just one type like with Mermaids in Island/Tropical Paradise, instead of trying to shoehorn multiple ones in an EP that's already focused on something else at its base.

Exactly. I hate zombies, but a Uni pack would be a great place for zombies since you're kind of like a zombie in college anyway. Maybe too much studying too late at night too many nights in a row, could trigger zombie-itus.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Exactly. I hate zombies, but a Uni pack would be a great place for zombies since you're kind of like a zombie in college anyway. Maybe too much studying too late at night too many nights in a row, could trigger zombie-itus.

What???? Zombies have nothing to do with university and are, frankly, the most useless occult out there.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hooray! More occults! Except for Zombies, those are just freaky.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry.. I hope it doesn't :p

Rather avoid an aliens 2.0 situation where an occult gets thrown into the mix to hog resources away from the main theme of the pack, and still end up bland and uninteresting to play. I can only imagine how much better GTW would have been as an actual career pack if it had not been for all the focus on Sixam and the aliens; and how much better the aliens would have been if they had gotten their own thing instead.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I"m sure there will be mods for that but mermaids will be confined to that one world.

I"m sure there will be mods for that but mermaids will be confined to that one world.

We don't know that there are merfolk so how can you say that they will be confined to one world? Vampires aren't and they prey on other sims.