Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living: Are you disappointed Sulani is not like Sunlit Tides ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
Hi,

Are you disappointed Sulani is not like Sunlit Tides ?

world_10.jpg

bv411.pngislapa11.jpg
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Island Living: Are you disappointed Sulani is not like Sunlit Tides ? 210 votes

Yes, I will be disappointed if it's not a paradise like Sunlit Tides
11%
LeGardePourprerudy8292overonWritin_RegANNETTE1951DJQ1308NivyxyuppmikawagsunspriterRenato10TomaTeriDoloresGreytadeoalonso2OnverserAngelEb95aws200Destin2016FreezerBunnyCowplantKeyenpeydee 25 votes
No, I won't be disappointed because I also like the other styles like TS3 Isla Paradiso or TS2 Twikkii Island
41%
auroraael14CK213JeanKita5399aprilroseMadstarletmcruddIsb917BrokenChaos69SerenityRulesIrdiwenMariefoxprice83simgirl1010freindlylolJestTrurosehrtgirlslamondaloubyloulouBluellezagboorules 87 votes
It doesn't matter
30%
aelias24MsMayPlayerSinger2010SimpatsyannAnmirlaPaigeisin5robyngravesdrake_mccartymock68jaymancrazmarcel21N0NoTToN0NdetermigPegasysBriel24taydevbluelightingPlumbobCrossingpixiejuicealexis3142 65 votes
Other choice...
15%
Dannydanbostoryykeekee53Simpkinalanmichael1HimRumielelunicyjcp011c2papertonguedoogerieIvyeyedLemon405catitude5texxx78adele_katHermitgirlSheriSim57LiELFsimmerLellabelpita 33 votes

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No, I won't be disappointed because I also like the other styles like TS3 Isla Paradiso or TS2 Twikkii Island
    No cause it could be like Isla Paradiso or Twikki Island or something new.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2019
    My favourite world for TS3 was Island Paradise Isla Paradiso. So if it remotely looks like any of the previous "tropical" worlds, I hope it's IP.
    Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I only played in Sunlit Tides a couple of times, but the layout of the islands was really annoying to get around and find things.

The Ilsa Paradiso layout (2 main islands and a few smaller ones) was the best of the three, in my opinion.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes, I will be disappointed if it's not a paradise like Sunlit Tides
    Sunlit Tides makes me dream

World_ScreenshotWeb_SunLitTides003.jpg

Isla Paradiso and Twikkii Island make me feel nothing (Yet another standard lush landscape with sea).

In fact, I don't need a Willow Creek clone with beaches, I prefer a place more "exotic".

bv410.png
    islapa10.jpg

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I mean it's never going to be the same because TS4 doesn't have open world. You won't be able to see the world the same way only through the map and the backdrops.

But I hope it's something similar to Sunlit Tides, that world was gorgeous.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I never experienced it, so no.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Other choice...
    I don't think it will be like any past versions. They try to do things differently and better in S4, so I expect a really cool tropical world like we've never seen before.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    It doesn't matter
    There is a lot that could make me disappointed in the world. It not matching older maps is not one of them.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It doesn't matter
    It’s not going to be as good. It just won’t be. A beautiful huge open world vs what will be a much smaller all be it pretty world with tons of set dressing that if history has taught us anything will not be as big as we want nor need , nor will it have as many features.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Other choice...
    We know the world will be beautiful esthetically I just hope there is enough to do
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited May 2019
    It doesn't matter
    Well right off the bat we know a few things: it will not be as large as that world, and it will not have as many lots as that world.

I personally think the only way to do a tropical world is as a vacation destination. So my opinion of the two tropical worlds in Sims 3 wasn’t the best. I get that there are people who live in the tropics, but the vast majority of the world doesn’t and instead vacations to those areas. I feel that Sims 3 didn’t do vacationing any justice.

ETA: earlier I mentioned 2 tropical worlds completely forgetting about Sunset Valley Island aka Barnacle Bay which brings its total to 3. My bad.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other choice...
    Sunlit Tides was unfortunately a very bad world for the IP features - the water was too shallow and the mountain top lot caused terrible lag.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Other choice...
    I have nothing to compare it with, so I chose "other".
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Other choice...
    I don't think there is any chance of it being like Sunlit Tides. There is so much they can't do with sims4 because of the way they built it.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Other choice...
    Assuming we’re even getting a tropical pack of some sort and the “leak” isn’t just a troll, I’m guessing that in game, the scenery has the potential to be really pretty, and the map will be: too small, cluttered with inaccessible filler junk like Strangerville, Brindleton Bay, Del Sol Valley, etc, and a lot of valuable lot spaces taken up by random playground equipment and other junk that can’t be replaced with what we choose.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Other choice...
    It will never be any where near as close to a Sims 2 or 3 packs, unfortunately that's just setting yourselves up for disappointment. It should not be the case but it is, but Sunlit Tides was a store world. Of which the premium items have already been released in Spa Day.

Unless I am mistaken, your just looking at the world, Sunlit Tides is a very pretty world. Considering neighbourhoods how do you think it could plan out better in Sims 4?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    It doesn't matter
    Never played Sunlit Tides.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Sunlit Tides is Hawaii
    And
    Isla Paradiso is Caribbean/Spanish islands
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Other choice...
    I'm hoping for Bali.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    It doesn't matter
    I didn't play ts2 or ts3, and as long as it has sandy beaches and sunny skies, I don't really care. A Tropical Expansion pack isn't even in my top 5 want list. I'd prefer baby, wedding, university, supernatural, and elder improvement much more.

Edit: NVM, I just rewatched the livestream (I missed some of it cause I was babysitting at the time) and now I REALLY want a tropical expansion.
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I'm sure the world will look just fine my worries are it being to small 5-12 lots and all vacation lots with no residential lots. Also being sparse with fun activities like surfing or beach volleyball but the main content of the pack being about exploring and collecting like every other vacation world.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I feel like each one should be unique to the game it’s in.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I hope it is unlike any world we've seen before. Original is best.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I don’t care. I know it’s going to look amazing whatever it is because if you can’t give S4 nothing else, you can admit that the background imagery of their worlds are amazing.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Other choice...
    I didn't get that far in the sims 3. What was it like? What kind of objects and functions did it have in it? What made it so great? The way it looked or the things you could do there?