Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

scrapped lot

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
please delete

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Post edited by marcel21 on

Comments

• GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    As I see it, you have 2 options... 1. Spread those tall and narrow roof parts wider - lowers the steep angle to match the top roof's angle or... 2. Delete the 3rd floor, because you need 2 floors in roof height to match that steep angle of the side roofs, if the game even allows you to raise the angle so steep on that A-roof (was it called cable roof or something.. forgot the name). I'd go with option 1, if possible.

The trick in A-frame house is that it can't have too steep of an angle compared to the height - thus the bottom is rather wide... That kind of A-frame you have tried there, is only possible with very narrow buildings of 1 or 2 floors as the game sets so strict limits with the max roof height.

Hopefully that helped, unless someone else comes up with a better solution...
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    As I see it, you have 2 options... 1. Spread those tall and narrow roof parts wider - lowers the steep angle to match the top roof's angle or... 2. Delete the 3rd floor, because you need 2 floors in roof height to match that steep angle of the side roofs, if the game even allows you to raise the angle so steep on that A-roof (was it called cable roof or something.. forgot the name). I'd go with option 1, if possible.

The trick in A-frame house is that it can't have too steep of an angle compared to the height - thus the bottom is rather wide... That kind of A-frame you have tried there, is only possible with very narrow buildings of 1 or 2 floors as the game sets so strict limits with the max roof height.

Hopefully that helped, unless someone else comes up with a better solution...

thank you, it helped a lot. i will give both options a try.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Hi @marcel21 you might want to check out this Youtube video. MsGryphi is a very talented builder. This is not a speed build. so you may find some helpful tips. It is however only a 2 story A-frame, but it may still help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olG2YoG6PIQ