Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you make your house?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No. I'm trash at building. Every house or apartment my sims live in has been downloaded form the gallery. I do redecorate the place to better fit the family.

This is me -- I do like to try and remodel houses to add features like basements (terrain manipulation has made that a lot more challenging -- if you get too close to the exterior wall with the basements you end up making hills right next to the foundation) so I end up making the basement 2 levels down. Sometimes I'll add a teen bedroom to the basement to give them space from the younger siblings.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited May 2019
    It depends on my mood but yeah I like to build my own but most of the time I will choose from the gallery, there are just so many far more talented builders than me, I like to take advantage of that. I did try and recreate my childhood home and made my family like back then, I was fun.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    @ Galactical Gal, very nice job on all of your creations!

I built the house we are in now and it came out, sorta kinda like my house, of course much grander and more expensive. I put a basement in the sims' house but there's none in my house, otherwise I decorated according to my sims' needs.

Thank you so much! I began building by creating houses I had lived in. My Grand Aunt's house was one of my favorites of all time. My eldest son took his very first steps in the livingroom, in fact. I've always loved floor plans. Being able to 'build' a house is one of the reasons I really love the Sims.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    No, I suck at building. Most of the time I take from the Gallery.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have only ever lived in apartments and the architectural style in my country isn't similar to San Myshuno, so no.
    I do however love building houses using real life inspiration from architecture magazines such as Dezeen.
  • Options
    SimplyRedSimplyRed Posts: 41 Member
    I haven't built a house since Sims 2. I prefer to download fully-furnished homes from the gallery and make any changes to the decor as needed. A couple of days ago, I downloaded a few unfurnished lots and will soon try my hand at decorating.
  • Options
    gimmiemoreblairgimmiemoreblair Posts: 53 Member
    i usually always build the houses my sims are going to live in. i personally enjoy the building part of the sims and it feels more special that they are living in a home i made for them :)
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Nope, I will add on to houses but building isn't something I enjoy much. I've thought about trying it again with the family I am currently playing, but building is harder than it looks. I pretty much rely on the Gallery and the simmers there who love to build, because they make some amazing houses. I don't mind decorating though.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Not really. I'm not very good at building houses if I'm honest. I have one on the gallery, and it took me forever to make.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    In my time in playing the sims 4 I only built a total of 2 houses, i just mostly live in premade which i expand and upgrade or houses from gallery/other
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I thought about doing so but I can't build too well so I don't think I'm up to frustrating myself in the endeavour. Yet.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Have only lived in 3 houses in my life and one of them i can not really count as we knew from the start that it was only a year, so never really felt much of a home.

I did build my first house in the sims 1. But I usally dont play with it or something, its too.. weird.
    My current home, i tried to make it, but it is an apartment, so the outside looks very.. boring. I also did not like to play with it to be honest xD