Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Does Everyone Want EP7 To Be?

2...Next

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    Tropical Paradise. Fake colleges are more easily set up than fake beaches. My universitys always feel immersive enough to me. But a pool disguised as a beach cries I'm not the real thing and the non-swimable oceans are such sad sights.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    University
    I'd probably buy either of them if I liked the way the pack was presented. I lean more towards University though, provided sims of all ages from YA and upwards can study for a degree.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    University
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Don't care for university but I won't spend $39 on an EP if it's only a vacation world either.

Shouldn't be a problem seeing Vacations in Sims 4 are only 20 dollars - not 39. Uni would have been 39 as that is an ep. But Sims 4 Vacations (Destinations the devs call them) are not eps - they are gps. So I still see us getting both - the Uni EP, and the Beach 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited May 2019
    University
    I want University, as it adds more depth to my sims. Tropical vacations are nice, but they don’t add much for how I play the game. I would get it eventually, as it’s fun, but I want University soooo much more!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    My sims need a real vacation. I hope we can buy vacation homes and stay there for long periods of time. My ultra rich sims really need more ways to burn through some of their money. We currently have a limit on how long we can stay in the jungle. I have some archaeologists that I would like to stay in the jungle through the spring and summer but we have a seven day limit.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    University
    Tbh I just want University or Supernatural as much as I like beach stuff I just want more bigger gameplay or at least more fantasy
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    University
    I'd really prefer University, despite the leaks about the tropical pack. :( I'm really hoping EA was trolling when they put up a description from another forum user on their game vendor's website.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    University
    MekoShark wrote: »
    I'd really prefer University, despite the leaks about the tropical pack. :( I'm really hoping EA was trolling when they put up a description from another forum user on their game vendor's website.

That’s not EA’s doing, it’s the vendor itself.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    I think I want Tropical Paradise. As much as I do want Uni, i was thinking recently that I really miss the beach from Sims 3. I used to have my sims spend a lot of time there, used to teach my toddlers to walk on the beach, I had a wedding there and a few parties. It was just a really nice vibe and I miss that haha. So yeah. Tropical Paradise would be great!
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    having a tropical ep would be alright, but like cheescaeks had mentioned, i would like to live there too, not just a vacation spot :)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I can't vote because I want both very much and it is the same level. I will be extremely happy with any one of these two.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    I said Tropical since I don't think my witches or Hogwarts are coming in an EP.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    I want Tropical Paradise since I want to experience a new type of world. Many people have said this, if University comes, the world will be similar to the worlds that we have right now, but if there's a Tropical Paradise, the world would be so different. It would be similar to Selvadorada in climate, but everything else would be different and the world would stand out since it's so radically different than the others.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    University
    I chose University, but I really want a Magic EP with more occult Sims like witches and elves/fairies.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I'm rooting for it to be both.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Neither. I'd much rather something that gives us farming/ranching, preferably how it was done in the old days. The possibilities for greater game play are too many to list.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    University
    Erja888 wrote: »
    My gameplay needs UNIVERSITY. I have Sims ready to attend collage (to study, to find their future spouse, to have fun, to find a new way to be hired in an exclusive career, to make new friends, etc.). Seriously I have stopped playing TS4 because this option is missing. I mean, I have Sims in the doctor career who have never been to one lecture about physiology or anatomy.

^ 100% my reasons for needing University too.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• bromstbromst Posts: 18 New Member
    Tropical Paradise
    I'm a sucker for things with tropical themes, oops, but they both seem pretty cool ^_^
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I think it would be strange to have tropical paradise as an expansion instead of a game pack.

I'd rather see farming over either of those packs. For some reason, The Sims team likes to experiment with new themes/ideas but never the ones that actually align within the genre of The Sims. Rather than try something like Strangerville again, a pack which plays like the exact opposite of what The Sims is, farming would match so much closer with the simulation genre, and assuming they design it well, would be such a fun theme to have in The Sims.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    University
    i really want it to be university...

-Yarden.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    I would actually prefer it to be Supernatural, but since that isn't going to happen a tropical vacation themed EP would be my next choice. I would love to be able to take my sims on holiday somewhere warm with a beach, go swimming in the sea/ocean, sunbathe, make sandcastles, hula dance, stay or work in a hotel, maybe even meet a mermaid... University just doesn't interest me all that much, but I could be swayed by certain features e.g. homeschooling and study from home options, more activities for teens/children etc.
  • d0llintestinesd0llintestines Posts: 6 New Member
    Tropical Paradise
    If I could pick anything it would be supernatural, but I prefer island paradise to university.

Especially the name change to “island” seems a lot more interesting than “tropical”- perhaps implying some sort of survival concept.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    University
    If their idea of a tropical island is like OR (total boredom) then please build University instead.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Tropical Paradise
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If their idea of a tropical island is like OR (total boredom) then please build University instead.

Every pack is only what you make of it. True, by comparison OR appears to have less game play, but it was the very first GP and there is a learning curve. If they did that pack today, I can't image how great it could be.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited May 2019
    University
    telmarina wrote: »
    While i would love it to be Tropical Paradise (actually both themes are favourites for me) at this time I'd prefer a uni/education pack. We already have two vacation packs and very few adds concerning education since the beginning. Of course, the vacations we have aren't tropical, beach related and that would add a lot of great features to the game. And that's why I'm so divided. I really love both. But... for the timing, i would prefer university and I'm actually kind of surprised if they really come with TP.

My thoughts exactly @telmarina. I'd be happy with either Uni or TP, but I believe I would happier with university followed by Tropical Paradise.
    There is also a part of me that would strongly prefer a destination pack as a game pack, following the same pattern as the previous destination packs.
    HSau :)