Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to The Sims 3

Comments

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    TS3 nuked my childhood PC so I missed out on packs I could've bought but I recently played TS2 Ultimate Collection for 6 hours because of the fantasy content I dearly missed and just general details I miss about it compare to my incredibly short TS4 sessions being 2 hours to less than 30 minutes
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2019
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Everyone has their own idea of what they think is pretty. I think sims3 was prettier than sims4. I like something that is more realistic. The biggest problem I had with sims3 was it couldn't hold much before you started getting error 12. Other than that I loved it. I'm hoping sims5 will be more like sims3 without the problems.

I agree with this for it is to each there own. I perfer gameplay with decent graphics and features that was highly creative. As far as pretty Sims that alone for me does not make me think Sims 4 is the greatest. I only had problems with Sims 3 when it was caused in error by the developers as well as bugs. Sims 4 has it's own problems with bugs, I loved the scaling up and down in Sims 3 and my systems was fine tuned as I know how to run my systems and get the most out them.If one likes the SIms 4 that is thier right and one loves the Sims 3 the same. For me the lack of creative features in Sims 4 does not do it for me especially as an gamer. :) Just want to add this looking and reading all the posts, Sims 4 did not evolve in an way that other games do evolve instead of EA/Maxis Imho took the easy way out and did not want to do the work necessary to bring the features into Sims 4 by not tweaking them and of course I like everyone else want an program that works but seeing how Sims 4 is programmed it leaves me feeling there is less substance in Sims 4 than all the others versions. I am just sorry EA/Maxis did not do thier homework Imho. I rather let Sims 4 go then give props for something that could have more. :(
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I recently sent my previous iterations to goodwill. I hope someone else will enjoy all those packs as when I did. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I recently sent my previous iterations to goodwill. I hope someone else will enjoy all those packs as when I did. :)
    I did that with all my Sims 2 stuff after sims 3 came out. I ended up re-purchasing them after changing my mind lol.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I did the same a few years ago. I has never stopped playing 3 but it took a new pc to make me appreciate how great the sims 3 is. Now I play the sims 3, 2 and 1. I don’t even have 4 installed anymore.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I've always enjoyed The Sims 3 more but I completely agree. The Sims in The Sims 4 feel completely lifeless to me and they all blend together. Their personality traits don't have any real impact on their actions and whims.

I think The Sims 3 combination of their lifetime want, wishes and traits play off each other really well and that's what gives the Sims personality. All my Sims in Sims 3 feel completely unique but in The Sims 4, aside from looking different, they all act the exact same.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I tried Sims 3, I find it too clunky and not user friendly. After 15 minutes, I learned I hate the game controls. It is hard to enjoy it if you are frustrated. Been frustrated with the bugs in Sims 4 that seem to never be fixed too, so I can't enjoy the franchise at all right now. It is bad when I get frustrated with less than 30 minutes for play time.
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've always enjoyed The Sims 3 more but I completely agree. The Sims in The Sims 4 feel completely lifeless to me and they all blend together. Their personality traits don't have any real impact on their actions and whims.

I think The Sims 3 combination of their lifetime want, wishes and traits play off each other really well and that's what gives the Sims personality. All my Sims in Sims 3 feel completely unique but in The Sims 4, aside from looking different, they all act the exact same.

I find this too. I have a sim in my Sim 3 family whose personality creates a personality clash with basically all his siblings and it seems his youngest sister takes the brunt of it (whereas it's less so for the other siblings) as they argue, fight and basically hate each other. That also means, because she's shy she's never comfortable round him and she's also happy alone. I recently got her and her next older sister to interact more to become friends. Even the ones who do get on well argue at times and fall out.

Their three older sisters went to university, one of them never studied, but did incredibly well (they had a full scholarship too) thanks to their skills and traits I guess. She also likes to play catch with her twin sister a lot (who reads a lot), whereas the hot headed brother won't leave the jacuzzi alone. One of their others sisters really likes to dance whereas the shy one plays guitar a lot.

One of the twins with the kleptomaniac trait and her sisters came back from the club in Sunset Valley and I saw there was mail in the mailbox so I clicked on it and there was the option to return a stolen item which left me wondering when did she steal that. They actually work more like a family and real people in 3.

I made the same family in Sims 4 getting the traits as close as I could to the original Sims 3 sims (impossible given I lose two traits by default because of of having only two trait slots), but they all seem to play the same, there's no conflict between the siblings and everything is too happy. The kleptomaniac doesn't seem to steal anything without my intervention. Basically no one seems to do anything unless I tell them. See what I'm saying?

Plus there's the history of where this family started and where they are now. Sims 4 just feels really sterile and superficial by comparison
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I dont know why someone wouldnt put this post in sims 3 section instead. It's almost as if...nevermind :D
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    edited May 2019
    I dont know why someone wouldnt put this post in sims 3 section instead. It's almost as if...nevermind :D

There's a Sims 3 section? Didn't realise, just saw it now

EDIT: Weirdly I'd been through there just today because of a Google search

Think it is because it is a friendly thread with people playing both.

Its a sims 4 is bad , i play sims 3 now thread. Which would have made more sense on the other side :D I thought this section was for players playing the game to discuss whats going on in our game, but I could be wrong though <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Emotionally, I can well understand where you're at. I had a terrible time transitioning from Sims2 to Sims3. I actually had a love/hate relationship with Sims3. While there were certain new things I loved, the drawbacks were numerous and overpowered the good things. The Sims, themselves, were rather wooden compared to how silly and 'animated' they were in Sims2. (I'm not talking about the style/look of the Sims. But, rather, how they behave.) I count on my Sims to make me laugh.

I brought my family forward into Sims3. When ST came out, I finally had what I wanted in the game. My Sim, Erik Cantrell, could pursue his singing career. I never liked the fact that his walking style was more of a stomping around gait, but the devs gave the game over to the open world and the customization of the objects and that left precious little for the Sims, themselves. Plus, despite my gaming rig, I had to employ 20+ of NRaas, Industry mods to make it function halfway decently. (Thank you, Twallen!)

I did finally bring Erik Cantrell and his family (parents and siblings) into Sims4. I first brought him over as my Founder for the Pinstar Legacy Challenge. It was fun, but I do find the restrictions of the Challenge too much to bear. Once I completed it, I wanted very much to play with Erik again. (This time on Long.) I intended to make him a celebrity, and find a way for him to earn Simoleons with his voice. We got OR, which brought a slight singing improvement for our Sims. Then with CL, we got a full-fledged singing skill. Yay! I had the Sacrificial Road to Fame mod and thought I was set.

Then we got GF. I removed RTF, before learning there was an updated version built to enhance/augment GF with a singing career. Somebody likes me, LOL. Now, I'm having a blast.

But, sometimes you get very used to what was. The romance of the memories can take over. If you find you enjoy Sims3 more, for the current time, then I suggest that be your game of choice. There is nothing that states we must play Sims4. I respect your choice.

This is a way to entertain ourselves, after all. Some of us need this to unwind. Do what makes you happy. And those are my thoughts on this subject. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Its a sims 4 is bad , i play sims 3 now thread. Which would have made more sense on the other side :D I thought this section was for players playing the game to discuss whats going on in our game, but I could be wrong though <3

Not really, I saw what people said they liked and disliked with both in this thread. Like myself, I dislike the controls in Sims 3, and get frustrated after 15 minutes so it is unplayable. I also am frustrated with bugs in Sims 4 that make the game unplayable to me. So that does mean I have hate for both?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Not really, I saw what people said they liked and disliked with both in this thread. Like myself, I dislike the controls in Sims 3, and get frustrated after 15 minutes so it is unplayable. I also am frustrated with bugs in Sims 4 that make the game unplayable to me. So that does mean I have hate for both?

To be fair the thread does come off a bit negative towards the Sims 4. The opening poster could of just gone to the Sims 3 forum and posted about how much they were enjoying playing the Sims 3 there. It would of been more openly received there as a positive for that version of the game in that forum cause that's where the other players that enjoy that version are probably mostly posting.

Posting in here as a comparison of I'm enjoying the Sims 3 more than 4 and asking who else is too just seems really negative towards the Sims 4 and like the op is looking for some sort validation that her opinion is the right one and that the rest of us who are enjoying the Sims 4 are some how wrong for doing so.

I wouldn't go in the Sims 3 forum and make a thread telling everybody that I'm enjoying the Sims 4 more than 3 for instance cause to me it seems like a really odd thing to do. I just post in here instead because this is the forum for the version that I prefer.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2019
    Originally I was wondering the same.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited May 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »

To be fair the thread does come off a bit negative towards the Sims 4. The opening poster could of just gone to the Sims 3 forum and posted about how much they were enjoying playing the Sims 3 there. It would of been more openly received there as a positive for that version of the game in that forum cause that's where the other players that enjoy that version are probably mostly posting.

Posting in here as a comparison of I'm enjoying the Sims 3 more than 4 and asking who else is too just seems really negative towards the Sims 4 and like the op is looking for some sort validation that her opinion is the right one and that the rest of us who are enjoying the Sims 4 are some how wrong for doing so.

I wouldn't go in the Sims 3 forum and make a thread telling everybody that I'm enjoying the Sims 4 more than 3 for instance cause to me it seems like a really odd thing to do. I just post in here instead because this is the forum for the version that I prefer.

I'd forgotten there was a Sims 3 section when I posted

EDIT: I wonder if a moderator could move this thread

Precisely . Theres already an area for sims 3 talk. I just think its sort of unfair and a little rude because this part of the forum is supposed to be for players who are actively engaging with sims 4 and the related game-play topics. Im sure there aren't many Sims 4 players, if any at all, who go over to the Sims 3 forum and talk about how much they are enjoying Sims 4 <3 We could but we dont and im certain its because we are too busy actually playing, enjoying and discussing the game that we DO like. Which begs the question of, why? Why do those who like Sims 3 always need to announce that here specifically? To sims 4 players? :| Is sims 3 not keeping them busy? Or?...... I dont know @Sharonia
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Precisely . Theres already an area for sims 3 talk. I just think its sort of unfair and a little rude because this part of the forum is supposed to be for players who are actively engaging with sims 4 and the related game-play topics. Im sure there aren't many Sims 4 players, if any at all, who go over to the Sims 3 forum and talk about how much they are enjoying Sims 4 <3 We could but we dont and im certain its because we are too busy actually playing, enjoying and discussing the game that we DO like. Which begs the question of, why? Why do those who like Sims 3 always need to announce that here specifically? To sims 4 players? :| Is sims 3 not keeping them busy? Or?...... I dont know @Sharonia

Let's also be understanding that not everyone may realize or forget that there is a Sims 3 section. After all, it is tucked away at the bottom of the forum. People do make mistakes on which forum they're posting in and which one they should be posting in. I know I've seen a Sims 4 question down in the Sims 2 section before.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

It was an accident, the OP already said a couple times that they didn't realize there was a sims 3 forum.
  • YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2019
    Odd one out here, it seems.

I've played all the major Sims titles, 1-4. The Sims 2 is such a different experience from TS3 that I could never get into it for long periods of time. TS4 isn't for me and buying EPS that I will never play with won't change my opinion on TS4.
    I don't like Create A Sim, don't build, and don't like the graphics style.
    Kudos to those who enjoy the game, but it's not for me :smile:
    TS3 is the one game I know inside and out and it still holds up, imo.

I wish we could all get along instead of being down each other's throats about which game is the best or which one is preferred by another. It's a personal opinion. No one is getting hurt by playing previous games--- I hope so, anyway.

Despite my computer having strange issues the past couple of months, I still play the heck out of TS3. The bugs, crashes, and errors can be frustrating but it doesn't phase me anymore after 6 years of playing :wink:
    Unless I run into a potential gameplay breaking error, I don't stress it.

I can't imagine playing any other Sims game. Some simmers probably feel the same way about TS4 and I respect that.
    April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »
    And it seems like the better game to me atm. My family there has been a long running save for the better part of a decade. It's weird, but it seems more like I'm playing with a family and it's a case of they do something and I think they liked doing that as kids etc. It's like they have a history (like a real family would) and a life story if you see what I'm saying. It's a case of they started from almost nothing (a tiny one bed) and now wealthy celebrities in the house that I built. Tried playing the same family in Sims 4 as a continuation of the story in a way, but it's not the same. It seems kind of empty and lifeless if you understand what I'm saying (like in 3, the oldest three just finished the first term of university after the oldest two previously tried and dropped out).

Anyway, feeling 3 is better than 4 atm. Anyone get what I'm saying or feel the same?

I totally get what you mean. That's why I love TS3 so much. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

By the way, if you ever have questions or need help with the game, feel free to ask us in the TS3 section. Most everyone knows the ins and outs of the game and how to fix any bugs you may come across as they've been addressed a long time ago and are well documented.

You can also take a look at the stories and challenges section of TS3 for new ideas on playing the game. Have fun!

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Welcome back to TS3.
    And don't worry, you'll get a much nicer reception in here than you clearly did in the other section :#
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Wow. I mean, people make mistakes. Sorry you had to experience that when it was in the TS4 section. After seeing a few of the posts here sometimes I wonder. :neutral:

Anyway, it is much nicer here, even if you criticize the game you'll find people understand and will be glad to help you find solutions. I understand what you're talking about completely OP because that's exactly how I felt playing TS4. I can see how it works for some people but it doesn't for me. I couldn't connect with my sims like I did in 3 and 2. They just felt similar and boring, even though I tried to get their traits as close to what they were in TS3 as possible. Then the over exaggerated expressions, while matching the cartoonish quality of TS4 just didn't suit most of my sims. Some that were supposed to be more serious or neutral all looked goofy. And their traits meant nothing. I couldn't get past it.

I remember in another thread someone saying while discussing personalities that all our sims personalities are what we imagine in our head and I think that's where the difference comes between TS4 and the previous Sims games. You don't have to imagine a personality for sims in the previous games because they have personality. How they act is according to their traits and or points whereas in 4 it's all emotion. Every sim is filled with emotion and over expression and it's easy to get that confused with personality depending on the personality your sim is supposed to have. Depending on which of my sims I recreate in TS4 and started with I probably wouldn't have noticed that personalities were so lacking because TS4's style suits them. But I started with the recreation of some of my more serious, darker broody sims and it just wasn't working. I played them in TS2 as well and there they still played better and I connected more than in TS4.

I hope if there's a Sims 5 it does better with personalities, and a whole lot more, but for now I have The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 to play. And hopefully you'll continue to enjoy 3 and The Sims 4 will get better and appeal to you again down the line. :smiley:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love both TS2 and TS3 though both get played with Mods and TS3 is loaded with about 800 Mod files including 114 NRaas Mod files along with awesomemod to disable that broken automated school assignment system before it starts breaking my saves in larger worlds.I play TS3 rotationally and in multi-generational saves.I love playing my legacies of the entire towns like it's an open world Sims 2 game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg