Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does everyone hope we get in the Sims 4?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2019
    Option for separate household funds for every working adult, please!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Banking system to include separate funds for family members. Allowances for kids and teens. Ability to collect rent from roommates.

Toaster
    Stand mixer
    Pool table
    Ping pong table
    Lawnmower
    Kid's oven
    Sewing machine
    Candy making station
    Magazine delivery

More storage options

• Options
    Inheritances! :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Knitting skill :) With wearable woollies - socks, mittens, hats, sweaters and cardigans. How good they turn out would depend on the skill level.
  • Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    The focal point of this game, the actual sim characters, have no distinct personalities. They all read, use the computer, are incredibly social unless a trait stops that. No depth at all.

Attraction system - so that dating isn't so painfully boring, let us decide what our sim likes in CAS and how that affects their romantic lives.

Likes and dislikes - tie this in to friendship and romance, sims should mainly be friends with other sims they share common interests with. This could also affect romantic relationships, like a wife who hates that her husband has the slob trait, this can then affect their marriage.

Family relationships - aunt, cousin, in-laws etc. This is such a key part of story telling, not every family is just mum, dad and child. Also we need families to know that they are related. A sim shouldn't need to introduce them selves to their own in-laws. Unless the story the player has created calls for that. There needs to be an adjustable bar for familial relationships in CAS or something.

Traits/Emotions - shockingly bad. I doubt they will ever be improved. The least they could do is make auras a lot less potent. A few pieces of cheap furniture and your sim will be so darn happy they won't know what to do with themselves. A "scared" emotion would be good. More traits like "socially awkward" and "chatterbox" etc. More trait slots, I know one of the sims developers said that the sims are not even remotely distinct with more than 3 traits, but they aren't even remotely distinct now so...

Whims - I don't think hiding these is the answer. Make them relevant to the situation the sim is in. e.g. if sim is on a date, a whim could be to kiss someone or ask them to move in.

Memories - so sims can get cheated on and remember what happened etc. Later it becomes too much of a strain to try to keep the relationship going, so the sim breaks off the relationship and goes back out onto the dating scene with a new outlook. Boom, another story.

Consequences - this just goes back to my point above, consequences to sims actions whether they are good or bad, can really add in another layer of depth. e.g. if my sim borrows money from a friend and doesn't give it back, maybe they lose their friendship over it. Perhaps, the friend comes looking for my sim wanting back the money.

Unique personalities should have shipped with the base game. Closing in on 5 years later, its beyond a joke that this advertised "feature" is still not apart of this game. I am not saying they have to add every thing I listed exactly as I listed it. I am however, saying they need to deliver on advertised features in some form, to let the players create the unique sims they claim is already there.

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    1. University! that's my #1 hope.
    2. Bunk beds
    3. Stealing @SimsAlexandria 's idea - Glass walls!
    4. Activities and such for elders
    5. Witches
    6. Social Worker career
    7. I miss the tree houses we had once upon a time but I fear the Sims 4 version would be so large they wouldn't fit on any but the largest sized lots.
    8. Much much much smaller versions of the telescope and microscope.
    9. Rock Music career path (including wardrobe!) I'd love to make a cheesy 80's Hair band!
    10. Gothic style clothing and furniture. I feel the Goth family just doesn't have that many good options for dressing to their Surname. :)

I'm having a great time with what we have, but these things would be absolutely welcomed with open arms !
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    The ability to ask for a personal loan from a friend. Being able to ask for a personal loan from the Sims bank! Credit cards. So our sims can be in debt too! :D But really the loan thing. It makes the game more realistic and will allow more flexibility with finances <3
  • Options
    Ability to own more than one residential property and the ability to be a landlord over those properties for financial gain :)<3
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    oops! nvm.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited May 2019
    At this point? MORE TRAITS. Pleaaaaaaaase! The one thing I miss about Sims 3 is its expansive trait system. I realize it's more complicated now because of emotions, but we're four years in and have only picked up...well, almost as many traits, and they're intensely pack-specific ("Dog Lover", "Cat Lover", etc) rather than general.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    OCCULTS.
    I'd also like new staircases, a condensed way of choosing wood swatches, like having a set of 20 woo swatches, and being able to choose from only those, rather than each pack having its own microset that matches nothing else. Similar to TS2? And allowing different coloured woods on beds as well. More curly/kinky hairstyles, more clutter, particularly of the nerdy type variety (as a lot of us I am sure are collectors of things, like statues, figures... pops, mugs... slow/ballroom dancing, arcade machines and handheld gaming devices, buyable worlds (large with lots of lots, and ones that use all packs (with swap outs for items you don't have).

I want sports/hobbies, like sewing, knitting, ballet... Theme parks, more vintage inspired clothing and hairstyles, more types of pets, like dragons...
  • Options
    eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    I would really love to see a tropical beach/island world, either a normal world or a destination world. At the moment I'm bored of the worlds - a lot of the worlds like Oasis Springs/Strangerville & Willow Creek/Newcrest are really nice, but they seem to be to alike in terms of their appearance (green suburbs, rural deserts). A totally new environment to explore and live in would be really refreshing and help make my game more exciting! :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    The focal point of this game, the actual sim characters, have no distinct personalities. They all read, use the computer, are incredibly social unless a trait stops that. No depth at all.

Attraction system - so that dating isn't so painfully boring, let us decide what our sim likes in CAS and how that affects their romantic lives.

Likes and dislikes - tie this in to friendship and romance, sims should mainly be friends with other sims they share common interests with. This could also affect romantic relationships, like a wife who hates that her husband has the slob trait, this can then affect their marriage.

Family relationships - aunt, cousin, in-laws etc. This is such a key part of story telling, not every family is just mum, dad and child. Also we need families to know that they are related. A sim shouldn't need to introduce them selves to their own in-laws. Unless the story the player has created calls for that. There needs to be an adjustable bar for familial relationships in CAS or something.

Traits/Emotions - shockingly bad. I doubt they will ever be improved. The least they could do is make auras a lot less potent. A few pieces of cheap furniture and your sim will be so darn happy they won't know what to do with themselves. A "scared" emotion would be good. More traits like "socially awkward" and "chatterbox" etc. More trait slots, I know one of the sims developers said that the sims are not even remotely distinct with more than 3 traits, but they aren't even remotely distinct now so...

Whims - I don't think hiding these is the answer. Make them relevant to the situation the sim is in. e.g. if sim is on a date, a whim could be to kiss someone or ask them to move in.

Memories - so sims can get cheated on and remember what happened etc. Later it becomes too much of a strain to try to keep the relationship going, so the sim breaks off the relationship and goes back out onto the dating scene with a new outlook. Boom, another story.

Consequences - this just goes back to my point above, consequences to sims actions whether they are good or bad, can really add in another layer of depth. e.g. if my sim borrows money from a friend and doesn't give it back, maybe they lose their friendship over it. Perhaps, the friend comes looking for my sim wanting back the money.

Unique personalities should have shipped with the base game. Closing in on 5 years later, its beyond a joke that this advertised "feature" is still not apart of this game. I am not saying they have to add every thing I listed exactly as I listed it. I am however, saying they need to deliver on advertised features in some form, to let the players create the unique sims they claim is already there.

***THIS!***

Plus, a separate behavioral Flaws system so that our Sims actually have believable personalities. That way, they can focus on some more interesting traits that make a difference.

And more playable Occults, for crying out loud.

Seriously.

THIS.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    Improvements in every game's aspects and its gimmicks like Emotion and Multitasking.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Option for separate household funds for every working adult, please!

I would love this as the old system is old and need to be updated. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

***THIS!***

Plus, a separate behavioral Flaws system so that our Sims actually have believable personalities. That way, they can focus on some more interesting traits that make a difference.

And more playable Occults, for crying out loud.

Seriously.

THIS.

I can get with this. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more drama
    confess to cheating
    slow dance
    rocking chair
    dragons
    more random events like alien abduction
    such as rocks falling from sky
    being cursed
    being robbed
    new events like baby shower sleep over funereal
    grave yards
    teaching teens to drive
    sword fighting as a skill
    archery as a skill
    martial arts as a skill
    canning
    nectar making as a skill
    freed babies
    bands
    super heroes
    castaway pack
    fairies
    tag
    your sims being able to get juiced like in sims 3 I want them to dance on tables
    being able to fake passing out
    kids dancing on feet
    more whims
    better illness that they can go to doctor for
    memories and romance system
    sims afraid of things like water fire or bugs
    more things for aliens

more traits like unlucky or shy
    more aspirations

more for sim kids and more drama please