Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ranking the Sims4 DLCs with the tier List

There is this trend were everyone is ranking the Sims 4 DLCS with the tier list

https://tiermaker.com/create/the-sims-4-packs-21378

How about we share our tier lists
here is mine

[img][/img]2aa0cd2.png

The reason for the my first pet stuff section is because of money grab.

Spooky stuff = I have seasons, but i really have to buy this DLC to carve pumpkin on fall time

luxury stuff = you really have to buy for a buffet table, that was in previous games in the Base game

My first pet stuff = obviously...

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Love this idea. My list is very very different than yours and I renamed some because My First Pet is actually one of my all-time fav packs haha!
    2im4bj5.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2019
    Here's mine, ranked solely by my enjoyment of the packs, not whether they are any good objectively. For example Vampires is a very good pack while Luxury party is a shameless cash grab, but I get more out of the party items than of the very situational vampires. Also I wish I could rank Cats & Dogs and Seasons higher, but they need mods to be enjoyable for me and with mods you never know when they break.

my-imagerbj2h.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    biQlIA.png

I've seen so many YouTubers doing this, I couldn't resist doing it myself!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2019
    That's pretty interesting. I never really thought about how much I like the packs in relation to each other.
    aKOIfSa.png
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't usually participate in tier list discussions as I don't find them useful, but your interface is quite fun. And so, here is mine.

GvQaKWY.jpg
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited May 2019
    adTg2Pq.png

I don't really dislike any of the packs as I've found uses for all of them, but I definitely have my favorites.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Not gonna do it cause everything is in the first place, except vampires, they're one below.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I guess the template is a heck of a lot smarter than me, cause I haven't figured out how to get the icon to stay where I put it, it stays stuck on my mouse cursor and then I have to refresh the page to get the icon off my mouse. :frowning:
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited May 2019
    Here's mine
    fjhu1l.png
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited May 2019
    deleted
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    wurPwLl.png

Here's mine.

Every EP of TS4 and so on feels like it's missing something, so nothing is on top tier for me. Like how Get Famous missed Bands and how Seasons didn't have snow depth, the water sliding down the roofs effect and the water drops on the umbrellas effect and almost 0 new Summer activities. But they are the best EP's imo for the game right now.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Ranked by how much stuff I actually use from each pack. For instance Spooky Stuff is ranked dead last as I almost never use anything from that pack.

1Hg4d6T.png
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited May 2019
    Honestly I don't even know what all the icons mean :D

L5tike0.png
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited May 2019
    1XnuL6N.png
    This is an interesting thread. :)
    Also, the only reason the last two are in the worst category is that I don't own them. I really don't have an opinion on those two.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I haven't added any stuff pack, cause I honestly have no idea what they brought into my game and if I ever used them. I just install these :D

my-image.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2019
    Don’t know how to get the picture from my phone to here. Soooo....

My favorites:

Get to Work. ( I love the active careers)

Get Together (loved the world, clubs and .......................objects

Movie Stuff

Backyard Stuff

My First Pet Stuff ( love the pets... need .............................,,more)

Luxury stuff ( I use the buffet table a lot)

Great:

Cats and dogs ( would have rather had .............,,,,,,,,,,,,,the creative tool for ...............,.,,,,,,,,,,clothes and furniture, ..................,.,,,,,,,should have had more ..........................,,animals
    ..................,,,,,,,,,,Great World though

City Living (should have been able to ....................have apartments in any city)

Get Famous ( should have been more .....................active careers & bigger .....................world)

Spa Day

Outdoor Retreat

Jungle Adventure ( should be able to live ...............................,there)

Kids Stuff (void critters...great idea!)

Toddler stuff

Parenting (a little hard to get the results I ..................want for each child)

Nice;

Seasons:
    Hot Tub pack (whatever it’s called)
    Bowling Stuff
    Glamour Stuff
    Fitness Stuff
    Kitchen Stuff
    Strangeville ( would have been Great if ......................the Military career had ....................,,been active with a Military ..................,,,,,Base

Meh:
    Dine Out: wanted my cook to be able to ........... own the restaurant and cook .......,,,,,,,,,,,there, and it takes all day for ...........,,,,,,,a sim to eat a meal, it’s not ..................practical.

Vampires. (I haven’t really played them, ...............,,,,bought it mostly for the world
    ....................the Goths belong there)

Laundry Day .....( too many steps to do a ..........................,load of laundry and my ...........................clothes never dry on ..............,.,,,,,,,,,,,,the line, it takes too ............................long) Nice furniture!

Spooky Stuff.... (would be more useful ..........,...............if there was a separate ...........................category for ...........................costumes, like there is .......................,,,,for hot weather etc. so ......................,,,,,you could use anything ...............,..,..,.,,,,as a costume, and ........................,,,make other sims click ...........................into them.

Romantic Stuff......(don’t use the stuff ..............................often)

Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    tI73GxV.png

Notes:
    • I think Get Famous was the first DLC I bought for this game, and I was really hyped for it. The acting career is so varied and fun, blogging is an interesting concept to play with, and I love all the little ways you can become famous. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but this is right up my alley.
    • I don't think anyone's wondering why Seasons is top-tier.
    • Vampires is such a well-done pack. I love vampires and occult stuff, but Forgotten Hollow, the CAS items, the Build Mode objects, the atmosphere. There's even a lot of interesting lore and character in this pack, which I feel has been lacking from most Sims 4 additions.
    • Get Together's club system is so freaking fun. I originally passed this over because the concept seemed lame, but I use this all the time. Not only can it make meeting others or keeping in touch a breeze, it adds a lot of story potential.
    • Pets and archaeology are luxuries for me. I like them, but they're something I'll only really use for specific sims. They don't have a world-wide effect on my game, unlike the fame and reputation from GF, or Season's weather and holidays.
    • I hate most Stuff Packs, buuuuuuuuut I like Kids Room Stuff. The Voidcritters are so fun to collect and battle. Also there's probably some other stuff to the pack, idk. I mostly just stick to Voidcritters.
    • Romantic Garden has nice hair and clothing, I use it a lot. I don't use the gardening stuff as much as I should, but I like to pepper my aristocratic sims' back yards with the stuff this pack provides.
    • I hate doing laundry, but I'm compelled to add it to each house. Laundry rooms add atmosphere and make the place feel cozy. Plus, it gives my sims something to do.
    • City Living and Get to Work have their good points. But as expansions, they feel so half-baked. I'm really glad they started improving EPs.
    • Outdoor Retreat is nice, I guess? I don't care about collecting anything that isn't a Voidcritter card, and Granite Falls is so empty and dull. But tents are nice.
    • Strangerville was well-done, in that they clearly put a lot of work into making it. Too bad the story (aka the major selling point) is lame. It has some neat science-y and miltary-y items, which is cool at least. And Strangerville itself is a nice 'hood. But like everything in the Not Good category, I would not at all be sad if it was suddenly wiped off the face of the earth.
    • Spooky Stuff's costumes and decor are so ugly. Seasons and Vampires did everything this pack does, but better. And the Halloween costumes? I'd have to manually change my sim, then take everything off once Halloween ends. If we could have premade costumes to change into, then I could see the point. Otherwise, ehhhh. I'm lazy and it's not worth the effort. This is the only pack I straight-up regret getting.

Jeez, are all my posts long-winded? lol.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Here's mine. I basically put all of the packs I don't own in the My First Pet section. I didn't realize you could edit the words. If I did I probably would have put "No interest" or something in that MFP slot.
    SGMIBUx.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    How can I get the picture in here? I saved it to my pictures on my phone? Is there an easy way to do it.... lol?

Hope this helps

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1
    Post edited by RememberJoy on
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I own all the packs except My First Pet (for obvious reasons). With some stuff packs, I actually had to think about whether I actually use them in my game :D

68955d-1558213729.png
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Ty @RememberJoy but it says the page is not available😢
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    6PrBQi9.png

My ranking is pretty much how often I use features from the packs plus how much I enjoy them. I'm just now getting into C&D because when it came out my mother-in-law passed away a short time later so I really haven't taken the time to explore it so it could move up a bit on the list. And some have changed over time -- a short time ago OR might have been on the "meh" list, but with the portable easels and sketchpad and the new laptops it has more appeal simply as an artist's retreat, along with gathering plants by my gardening Sims. And CL might have been higher if we'd been able to build apartments in other worlds but I love the festivals, the Arts Center venues (I've added a few to other worlds) and the new recipes. I have a restaurant that features all the recipes other than Pufferfish Nigri (when it pops up at the Romance Festival it's excellent quality but anywhere else it's fatal quality) so I've got a good place to go learn them, plus many of them are vegetarian so good when I have a veggie Sim.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Ty @RememberJoy but it says the page is not available😢

Sorry, I got it to work now
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2019
    I actually don't have any that I don't like/use but... based on what goes best with me and my gameplay, vampires is one of my least favorites and movie stuff... I could live without.
    https://i.imgur.com/gupRNjl.jpg
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited May 2019
    I only rated the nine packs I have.
    zGX3lnj.png
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg