Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Insufficent graphics Capability?

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
So my game started crashing again, and something new has popped up on the crash analyzer, it says Insufficent Graphics Capability.
I never seen this before, does this mean my graphics card is failing?

Here's my latest Dxdiag:
https://pastebin.com/fNdpZpCJ

Upon googling this: One thread said to make sure my right card is being used.And it is, and the frame rate is capped as I had people help me get it capped using Nvidia inspector.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I wouldn't tend to trust Crash Log Analyzer very much. The crash logs themselves tend to be pretty useless, automatically analyzed or not. Something as simple as "bad CC" can cause the game to run out of resources that would otherwise be fine as the game reacts to such things. Does a game with no such content in place perform any better? Are there any patterns to the crashing, such as during a very long game session, perhaps without having saved (as) often enough, does it affect particular worlds or ongoing saves but not others?

Were the folks at Answers.HQ no help with your too high CPU issue of last month, or is this possibly the same problem showing up another way?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    I wouldn't tend to trust Crash Log Analyzer very much. The crash logs themselves tend to be pretty useless, automatically analyzed or not. Something as simple as "bad CC" can cause the game to run out of resources that would otherwise be fine as the game reacts to such things. Does a game with no such content in place perform any better? Are there any patterns to the crashing, such as during a very long game session, perhaps without having saved (as) often enough, does it affect particular worlds or ongoing saves but not others?

Were the folks at Answers.HQ no help with your too high CPU issue of last month, or is this possibly the same problem showing up another way?

They were very helpful! I forgot what we did to fix it.As of now my game is running at 30% CPU which is much much better than 95% :o It was going into build mode that it crashed, I was switching over to decor and it froze and crashed.So I used the analyzer.And noticed the last crash said graphics incompatibility.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    It sounds like you may have some CC decor items then that aren't causing any problems by just being present until Build/Buy is entered and the catalog for that category of content is formed. There is only a limited amount of video ram (vram) that TS3 can use, it's pretty low at 800 MB, and if the game is over-reaching what it can handle no matter how strong or properly working your card is then Crash Log Analyzer could be pointing to the wrong symptom rather than the real underlying cause as it so often does.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Yeah that might be I try to uninstall unused Cc but I often get the can’t uninstall item that has dependents and I can’t figure out what the dependent is lol
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    If all else fails, I would suggest pulling your TS3 user game folder out to the Desktop (or renaming it) for safekeeping to see how a test game goes on the new fame folder that will spawn with no added content at all. If there is no crashing in Build/Buy, then you know it was something you added (what it was remains the question) that is causing the issue and not really your hardware.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!