Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you all want cars so much?!

13...Next

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I don't unless they can actually work and not just teleport.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    edited May 2019
    Cars are part of our lives. A life game simulator with no cars seems too stupid for me.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Not all of us want cars, I can live without them. Realistically speaking, I can see how it would add to the game, as others have said there were a bunch of actions you could do in cars at the time, but at this point it'd be another aesthetic likely devoid of most things that made them charming and creative in previous games, imo. You probably won't see headlights pulling into the driveway or them getting out of it either. Remember the cheapest car you had seemed to be on its last leg verses the one you received by moving up in the world? Yeah, that. That type of detail just doesn't mesh well with me for the cartooney/aesthetically appeasing iteration of 4. Maybe the helicopters do, though.

I don't exactly see why we need them now when loading screens take like a minute to get somewhere. If anything, I'd rather have cars we can fix up (mechanic career/hobby) or sell.
  • kaspertellykaspertelly Posts: 23 Member
    Cars are a going to be a thing of the past. Besides they release a lot of pollution into our atmosphere. I don't want that for my Sims game. IF you really want to drive cars there are other games for that that do it way better like GTA5.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Immersion and carwoohoo for the most part I believe, but I dont see cars being a thing considering there's some lots that dont even have a ride for sims to just back out into even if done in the way of sims 2.

Found them so lack luster in the sims 3 with sims porting in and out of the car with a lack of animation. Least in 2 they actually animated getting in and out of the car.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2019
    Agreed. Bikes, boats, and broomsticks, however, would be awesome.

I wouldnt mind like a race track and car repair game pack though, they could add an object like the skating rinks to it but a good bit bigger and let you click the cars to change how they drive. The town could maybe have a highway sims could cruise on but they couldn't leave town. The road/roads would have to be long enough though.

I don't need them in the small neighborhoods we have now if we still have loading screens which is likely.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want or need cars (I don't see any form of transportation in the game ever or we would have had it by now) for transportation. I do want cars for skill building and fun. Sims can work on the fixer upper, the sell it for profit.

Kids can play in it and pretend to drive with cartoon animations of a road race. Couples can sit in it and listen to music or (with a convertible) gaze at the stars. Parents can catch their teens making out with boy/girl friends and fogging up the windows. Sims can wash the car together and have water/suds fights. We could create drive-ins to watch movies on a date. We could create car dealerships and sell cars. " Come on down to Krazy Karl's Kar Kingdom and SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!" There are lots of things to do with cars that don't involve actual driving.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Actually cars will work in a loading game if you create the car driving as a mini game where you have to drive to the destination which may help bring contanuity to the game besides teleporting everywhere. Also why your driving the vehical to your destination the game can load in the background. That works, which may make the game feel a lot bigger. Also if they also wanted to they can have a whole bigger neighorhood above where you can park get out and collect collectables that are around. Elements of the TS3 neighorhood over the TS4 neighorhood. it would disguss the loading screen and give us a semi open world. I am pretty sure TS4 can grow to someday reach a semi open world.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That post above reminds me of a post a few years ago. The poster suggested, in order to ease the loading screens between destinations, that sims teleport into a subway car where you could interact with a few sims while your original destination loads. But they didn't understand that meant more loading screens, not fewer and you can't load two scenes at once. The destination screen will not load "in the background".

Just like ocean swimming, driving cars will only happen in a newly created world that is made for the purpose, like ocean swimming.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Cars can work they just have to adjust the map a little bit and add another layer like when you load the game to travel, instead of having teh world selector have a map with all the worlds in one area and draw a road the the worlds, this can later help add a way for sims to fly to vacation destinations, maybe that is where teh Cruise line Pack comes in.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My Sims need a new place to woohoo and if cars can offer that then bring 'em!
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Honestly I’ve only played TS4 and I don’t see what cars add or any point of having them. Y’all could probably convince me otherwise, but for now I don’t understand the hype of cars.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Again, why can't the people who want them have them, and the ones that don't, don't use them.