Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aside from CAS, where does TS4 excel?

124...Next

Comments

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2019
    -Stability of the game. I can play for hours without glitches.
    -artstyle. I like how it's designed. I love how the Sims look in this version. I played some 3 over there weekend and I really dislike the artstyle
    -bill system. More impactful in 4 than previous.
    - clothing and objects. More consistent with current trends
    -toddlers. Better than 2&3
  • EctotechbiologyEctotechbiology Posts: 5 New Member
    I like the cartoon style while still having beautiful graphics. For some reason, older versions of The Sims (like TS2 and TS3) freak me out with the graphics. They're hyper realistic while still looking dated. For some reason it gives me the heebie jeebies. I tried to play TS3 again a couple days ago and had to quit. (For that reason and the fact that it lagged SO HARD). So, honestly, I don't think I would have bought TS4 if it was anything like TS3.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    The art style of the sims
    They're far more expressive than any other iteration imo, I enjoy watching them interact with each other and the objects
    The gallery is the greatest thing for those who struggle at building, like myself.
    I really like the occults in TS4 more than the other iterations. I'm excited to see what's done with witches and others.

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The gameplay in 4 to me seems a lot more flexible than it was in 3, features from a wide variety of packs meld and cooperate so well together in a way that never really did in 3. I also noticed that Sims 4 EP’s usually have one pretty outstanding feature that expands my game play in quite a meaningful way, Get to Work Retail, Get Together Clubs, City Living Lot Traits, Cat’s and Dogs, well, Cats and Dogs, Seasons Calendar, and Get Famous Reputation system.

Everything also just seems more balanced this time around, toddlers and children actually get content throughout the various packs, BB and CAS assets are much higher quality, and the features we do receive feel a lot more complete.

This is all my opinion though.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    That reminds me. The SEARCH BAR is just a god sent in build/buy.

Something I've been wanting since S2 and it makes things very easy and not having to fumble looking around for things with he more packs you get. The search function has just been too useful when I'm looking for something specific.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I really like the building tools in the sims 4. In the sims 3, it felt really difficult to make good looking houses, but the click-and-drag abilities in TS4 feel so much more user-friendly. I also love the clutter and the cheats to move extra clutter up and around.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I like the building and gallery. I can download something without having to close my game, and I don’t have to worry about accidentally getting any broken cc either! I know that some people are annoyed about the cc thing, but at least they won’t have to wipe the gallery like they did after that thing with the doll in ts3.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Sims 4 doesnt lag on my gaming laptops that ive had. Define lag.

Maybe fps stutter might be the term for it instead of 'lag'. The fps doesn't stay at 60 if I rotate the camera very quickly especially in some of the newer worlds.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2019

Not on my gaming laptop either. Mod or cc problem? I don't have any, not until the game is finished with anyway! I use the NVidia optimal settings that I set every time on Geforce Experience when I download a new driver upgrade.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Not on my gaming laptop either. Mod or cc problem? I don't have any, not until the game is finished with anyway! I use the NVidia optimal settings that I set every time on Geforce Experience when I download a new driver upgrade.

It also doesn't lag on my old laptop at ultra settings.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Some of you mentioned great things about where sims 4 excels over sims 3. I’d like to add imo the elders in sims4 are the best. I hated their clothes and look in the past. I enjoy playing them now. I can go into more details but I don’t feel like typing anymore. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I think the "look" of Sims 4 is better than Sims 3. The graphics are smoother and look more finished to me than The Sims 3 ever did. I like the ability to pick up lots and rooms and move them around, as well. I can't tell you how many times in Sims 2 and 3 I realized late into a build that I meant to start building one square over to the left...fixing that that ALWAYS a nightmare in those games because you had to pretty much rebuild the entire house. I like being able to fix my mistakes with a simple mouse click. Create-a-Sim has also been vastly improved. I try once in a while to go back to The Sims 3 to create sims and I just don't like the slider system anymore. Sliders were good and innovative when Sims 2 and 3 came out, but now they feel clunky and dated.

The problems (for me) with the game come up when you hit "live mode." Little errors like routing issues, Sims randomly coming home from work even though you didn't tell them to (or not going at all for no reason), huge grins on Sims faces at nearly all times, the fact that when you hit "travel" the in-game clock keeps running while the travel menu is loading (which can sometimes take 30-60 in game minutes) instead of pausing time, lack of consequences/animations for things like a death in the family, a cheating spouse etc, and a general lack of smaller details that I can't remember at this time make the game feel unpolished and unfinished to me - even after five years. "Living" in Sims 4 is a hollow experience; it looks beautiful but there is zero depth. Like a chocolate Easter bunny.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    The Sims 4 excels on so may things. I just wish you could create neighborhoods like you could on The Sims 2 & they had certain items like electric guitars & pool like the Sims 2 had but then its just nitpicking when getting to this point.
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    - multitasking
    - the overall look of the game, it's more pleasing (at least in my opinion)
    - the emotions, when my sim feels an emotion I understand it and I like how they express it.
    - it runs better (even though my computer could play TS3 without issues)

There are other things I believe where the game excels but I can't help but to notice some of the comments. It's starting to remind of the whole TS3 vs TS4 debate that many argue over which leads to fans of TS3 looking down and berating those who enjoy TS4.

I love TS4, when my sim feels an emotion, I actually feel it. I've connected to my sim more in this game than any other sim game I've made her in. Yes, the game is lacking in some areas and honestly, I've enjoyed the game in its base unmodded form before I enjoyed it even better after modding it.

As someone else stated..TS3 has its fair share of issues. The "Hotspots" were empty most of the time, the sims looked weird (in my opinion), if you didn't have a really good PC the open world was quite laggy and had a lot of issues and so on. Do not misunderstand the complaints. I truly love TS3, I still do and I have amazing memories from playing it. But I believe that TS4 beats it in some areas.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text. That behavior just bothers me. We're all simmers and we all have different tastes. If you like TS4 then enjoy it, if you like TS3 or the older games enjoy that too. I love them all, but so far TS4 gives me the most enjoyment. Is it truly difficult to just respect that?