Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

career's that we need. add to the list

2...Next

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I like all the ones mentioned.

I would also like to see Farmer and Farms. .............................With Farm animals

Archeologist (freelancers) go to jungle and .......................find things, or write about

Ice/roller skater (freelancer)... go to selected ..............................rink(s) and perform

Herbalist. (Freelancer) make herbal ....................remedies from Granite Falls

Dancer or Dance Group ( freelancer) Get ..........................................Together

Hired DJ (freelancer) Get Together, go to ....................,,,,,,,,selected night club and ..............................perform

Hired Pianist (freelancer) perform at lounge

And similar things for (freelancer)... also love .............................the handy man freelancer ..............................idea
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I agree we need more careers, particularly more 'every day' jobs and for handy/practical sims. Part-time jobs for adults would be nice too. I like a lot of the ideas already suggested, but I would particularly like handyman/woman, carpenter, mechanic (with cars), teacher, librarian, solicitor/lawyer, daycare, firefighter, professional dancer, singer/bands, alchemist, ghost/occult hunter and probably a lot more I'm forgetting.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited May 2019
    Seeing as they have destroyed the military career and could not even be bothered to add an object like the obstacle course with it I have no hope for any careers. But with that said the only careers I care to see now is bands and a car mechanic but I'm sure they would not put in effort in those either.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    1. Firefighter! It would be cool
    2. Graphic designer? No? Just me? Hehe
    3. Model

I think that's all :/
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I agree with every post idea here. I find myself using custom careers more an more and EA'S current ones less and less. be nice to not have to rely on mods.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    Jobs that aren't glamorous and don't end in riches. I would like to see some "dead end" jobs too, so I can roleplay a character that is running from their past, and never holds down a serious job for longer than 6 months. Not every sim should be rolling is money, some sims may be happy in a career or job they enjoy even if they aren't earning loads of money. Just be creative.

Some examples:

Barmaid
    Waitress
    Call Center Representative
    Cashier
    Nail technician
    Fast food server
    Traffic warden

Maybe we could get some more obscure careers as well:

Private investigator
    Hitman
    PR rep for famous sims
    Pet sitter

I like all of the suggestions made.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Trying to go for what hasn't already been listed:

Librarian
    Coach (either little league or professional)
    Socialite (this is something that would be great to use in conjunction with Del Sol)
    Interior Designer (we had this one in TS3 and it was fun)
    IT Worker (actually repairs sims computers and helps upgrade them)
    Repairman (actually repairs items for sims, we had that in TS3 as well.)
    Lifeguard (Great PT job for teens and adults)

I agree pretty much with all that's been listed. I started using custom careers, because I'm tired of the standard ones in the game.

https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Daycare in home
    Teacher
    Zamboni driver
    Freelance photographer
    Librarian
    A remake of all available careers to give a follow your sim to work option
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I'd love to see a update to the Slacker career come back.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    photographer
    Daycare
    Education
    Graphic designer
    Interior decorator
    News anchor/ weather person
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I would love to see a therapist active career. My sims need some marriage counseling and kids after a divorce between parents may need someone to talk to.

A mafia type career. I need some good fellas in my game.

An active bartending career where your sim goes to a random bar for work every night or you could send them and opt out of going.

Let us play sims that work in the restaurants and go to work with them. A waitress or cook.

With a University pack I'd hope to see teachers and professor active careers. Teach at high school or college. (Hopefully you would be able to go to school with your high schoolers along with your college sims.)

Fashion career with modeling.

Advertising.

Extreme sports careers like pro skater, bmx, snowboarder etc.

I'd love to get a lot of part time careers in the game as well. That way if I have a sim that's a starving artist they can work a part time job to help with rent if they aren't doing so well selling paintings etc.

Lastly a band active career. Get a band together, perform around town. The more popular you get the more money you make. Part time day jobs would be great for these sims as well. Honestly can't believe they didn't add band with GF.

Could probably think of a ton more but I'll stop.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’d love to see a pet babysitter career! Going to other sims houses to play with their pets (and maybe get rabies), how could that possibly go wrong?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    I want Fashion designer career for sooooo long, we can only get extra clothing made by sim using a functional sewing machine!
    4kTG3iX.png