Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Leak - Next Expansion Tropical Paradise.

Comments

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    It's an EP, not a GP, I can't imagine that they'd devote an EP just for a new vacation world (would be nice if one was included, but that's never going to happen).
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Alot of people were saying they were thinking that the Expansion would be University or they were hoping it would be; some people were saying University would make more sense in the Fall.

What if it was a combination of both? A University at a beach town where there are even a couple of lots where your regular sims can "live" in the college town. I dont know if they would be able to do the whole boat thing since there is no open world in TS4 ( and there probably would be fake sailboats in the distance), but riding jet skis near the coast on the beach lot and at least have swimming allowed at the perimeter of the lot could work.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Have to hand it to you, this is good click bait advertising. How can I believe the leak is even real when others are saying the description they used is from a discussion wish list here on the forums? I'm not going to fall for this one. I was all ready to jump in here and voice my complaints of lack of swimming and hotels...but then find out the description is fake..then so is the ad and click bait.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I just assumed the next would be school related because the last community contest/poll I saw posted, school won. Island life would certainly be cool and it'll be interesting to see if it turns out more playable than IP was for Sims 3. That crazy Expansion still runs like a rock on my new pc. :(

If you're talking about the March Madness thing, the gurus stressed that whatever won wouldn't necessarily be the next pack.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When March Madness happened, several packs were already in development. A well done EP takes at least a year.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    When March Madness happened, several packs were already in development. A well done EP takes at least a year.

I was just coming to say the same thing. They were likely already working on an EP when they did the poll, so that one will automatically come out first.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's an EP, not a GP, I can't imagine that they'd devote an EP just for a new vacation world (would be nice if one was included, but that's never going to happen).

They only call out game changers for expansions. It's an EP.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Have to hand it to you, this is good click bait advertising. How can I believe the leak is even real when others are saying the description they used is from a discussion wish list here on the forums? I'm not going to fall for this one. I was all ready to jump in here and voice my complaints of lack of swimming and hotels...but then find out the description is fake..then so is the ad and click bait.

Only the description is fake. The listing for the EP is real. The same site listed Pets long before it came out.
    mika wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

Only the description is fake. The listing for the EP is real. The same site listed Pets long before it came out.

It's my thoughts too. Will have to see what it adds in terms of actual gameplay.
    Francl27 wrote: »

They only call out game changers for expansions. It's an EP.

That's why I doubt it's only a vacation world.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    People need to quit believing lies its been debunked. They just took the words from a forum post from here.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    It may be the next gamepack. The EP could possibly be shown to the game changers and announced for July?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Have no idea if it is fake or not, not getting hyped for anything until I hear something from Maxis. That said, I am still hoping to see a new occult lifestate this year.
    aws200 wrote: »
    People need to quit believing lies its been debunked. They just took the words from a forum post from here.

The listings are legit. 2 retailers have leaked it.
    Have no idea if it is fake or not, not getting hyped for anything until I hear something from Maxis. That said, I am still hoping to see a new occult lifestate this year.

Maybe we ll get mermaids in thos pack. That's one occult I'd like to see.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

Oh look what if the name & theme of the next Expansion is correct and the description is just a placeholder they added after a quick google search.
    a256aFi.gif
    I really need another occult, so, I'd settle for merfolk if they give them the vampire treatment.

Why are you trying to take all the fun out of speculating? That's what this section is all about, speculating. Leave people alone and let them dream.
    edited May 2019

Please stop posing the same thing in every thread. Once is enough. And that name offends me.
    Post edited by Dannydanbo on
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Just making sure that everyone can see it but alright. Sorry about that.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I was hoping for both Tropical Paradise and University this year so as long as University comes in the Fall, I don't mind. I did want Uni more but an island world will be a nice addition. I am also hoping that the game pack is a Romance pack with wedding stuff, honeymoons, bachelor parties, slow dancing, internet dating etc.
    No one's mentioned this yet, but we are getting an EP, GP and a SP in this 6 months. If the EP is a tropical island pack, I'd like the GP to be an Alpine vacation destination that comes with a snowy world, snow activities and hotels for vacations. We've already got the Yeti costume.

Has anyone done a Beauty and The Beast story line using the costumes from GF? There's a fancy dress for Belle and the Sasquatch could be the beast.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019

EA:“Hey InstantGaming, could you please remove the leak from your site?“
    InstantGaming:“Yeah sure“
    *Changes Tropical Paradise into Island Paradise*
    EA:“Well done“

We‘re gonna see the trailer for Tropical Paradise next week anyway. That way it would release one week after EA Play, after the expansion is hyped by EA Game Changers.
    a256aFi.gif