Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is the community that uses mods and cc?

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    It keeps the game from getting stale for me. You can be more creative if you have more to work with.
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use both. Although I initially told myself I'd be mods only and NO CC. Because in Sims 2 and 3 I had a huge CC addiction. I caved.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I don't use it
    I always used CC and some NRass mods for the past three iterations and certainly needed mods for Sims 3 to solve some problems like the car proliferation one. I've got full CD's of Sims 2 objects and programs, even one letting you change any roof to any colour but I'm playing vanilla this time round until it is finished. It's just too much bother.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    I use mods
    I'm not CAS player nor builder, so what maxis gives to me is enough to make sufficient building or clothes choice. But i need MCCC to smoothen my game.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don't use it
    I used them both in past games, but not in Sims 4. Echoing what has been said before, I don’t want to fiddle with my files every time we get a game update, wait for mod updates and risk losing progress in my game if something goes terribly wrong. There is some peace of mind that comes with knowing a bug is EA’s fault and not mine. My game isn’t very buggy at all. And since I took a long break before Seasons came out (I’ll lose interest if they make us wait that long again in TS5!) I have been catching up on other packs little by little, and the content is enough for me right now.

Some mods are hard to play without, once you have been playing with them. I had some fun with them in the past and decided the hassle isn’t worth it to me this time around. None are dealbreakers for me.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't use it
    telmarina wrote: »
    So... I don't know. I'm really intrigued. One think I have read in a lot of places is how to install mods. But I haven't found anything about how to uninstall the. And also would a i loose a save if I have to uninstall a mod? Or all mods? What happens when you decide that you don't want a mod anymore? Or all? What do you have to do? Sorry for the ignorance but I've found some mods that seem really interesting and i want to try...

Same place you install the mods and cc (your "Mods" folder) you just remove the mod or mods you no longer want. Then you will delete the "localthumbcache" file as well.

I can't speak for everyone, but no. I haven't had any issues with saves when removing mods or cc. Well unless you could removing custom fruits and vegetables. When you load into the lot where they were planted you'll get a message saying some items couldn't be loaded. So you'll just need to replace those removed cc plants with game plants.

Thank you. And this "localthumbcache" file is in the mods folder?
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    @telmarina, it's located in the main Sims 4 folder.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I don't use it
    I've tried both mods and cc in the passed but, and i've said this before, I hate the way cc makes the sims look. I also find mods, though fun, more trouble than they are worth. I'm too lazy to keep track after every patch/pack which ones need to be updated or not. They also tend to do weird things to my game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I use mods
    My game is mostly vanilla, but I just HAVE to have that risky woohoo!
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use both. On every sims game since the first one I used mods and CC.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    For me I needed CC to add more colors for my fantasy Sims and elf ears. Outside of that one of the first things I remember looking for was new underwear because lets face it for both men and women they are lacking in this game both in design and variety.

As for mods, mine all fix bugs EA still hasn't addressed and removes the blue lens from the game.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I use mods
    telmarina wrote: »
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I was a vanilla player for the first 3 or 4 years.
    Now i mainly have tuning/gameplay mods that make repetitive stuff better.
    Nothing that adds new venues or objects much (one adds a "loan packet" item for a banking mod).

I use
    1. mccommand (story progression for my townies, freezing physique of fitness sims so they don't get too buff, and speeding up my own story lines)
    2. Homework overhaul (skill gain while doing homework)
    3. Don't eat where you angry poop (stop prepping food in the bathroom upstairs instead of using the free kitchen counter!)
    4. Social activities mod (send sims away for vacation, dates, hanging out, visiting family without having to go with them).
    5. SimCity loans (for my middle class families to have essentially mortgages). I love the look of SNBank mod but I'll wait for the estate management for inheritance.

I also want to try one simulation lag on speed 3 and wanted the miscarriage and abortion one for some more random tragedies in my game. I'm looking for more pg ones than 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but think Lil Ms Sam has most of what I want just have to try it. I did try the Slice of Life mod but honestly hated the appearence changes (too Ott for me) and only ended up using the drunk and period effects so I removed it.

I was strictly CC free because I hate when their clothes disappear after a patch, but I've relented to install only CC wedding dresses because all the photos were becoming so samey even with the extra dresses from all the packs.

The dresses aren't allowed for random and are removed from the sims outfit sets after the wedding. So I wouldn't consider myself a actual cc user.

Oh and Andrews pose player for better photos.

OH wow! Super nice options. Where do you find your mods, if i can ask?

Homework Overhaul, Simcity Loans and Don't eat where you poop were Mod The Sims:
    http://modthesims.info/d/606219/don-t-prep-food-where-you-angry-poop.html
    http://modthesims.info/d/624686/homework-overhaul.html
    http://modthesims.info/d/623575/simcity-loans.html

Social Activities is from LittleMsSams tumblr: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175435360448/mod-overview-list

and Mcc I got from the Deaderpool's personal site: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/

I personally cannot use TheSimsResource for mods. The ads they have try to change my pcs settings to use other search engines and enable random popups, so if you're new to mods I would recommend staying away from it.
    caitytrina.png
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2019
    I use both mods and CC
    I use a lot of mods and cc, but I constantly try to minimise their amount. Especially mods because I hate waiting for all of them to get fixed whenever TS4 gets updated. For example, yesterday I removed 6 mods and moved 6 more to my desktop in case i'll need them in the future. To maintain CC I delete through S4Studio all the clothing and furniture swatches I know I'll never use. That helps the performance. And yet it's still a mess and I really hate that I got so addicted to using them.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use both and I’m not going back. It is time consuming having to go through everything when there’s a new bug update, but I don’t mind. Plus I’m really into hair, clothes/fashion, and makeup so that added variety makes things better for me.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't use it
    Soooo... My game isn't vanilla anymore :blush: I've installed this Mccc that everyone talks about and let me tell you! Wow! It really changed my game! It does so many things!
    Now... I've saw something that really intrigued me... The option humanize all vampires... Will I be able to get rid of all vampires in the game? I mean if I do it regularly, like once a sim's week? I have the Pack disabled and I want so much the CAS and bb items and also the amazing world...

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I don't use it
    I have tried a couple of mods and liked them but I also enjoy my game vanilla and don't want to go through the hassle of updating mods.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I would of gave up on the sims 4 if not for mods/cc
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I keep thinking I want to give Mccc a try but I'm cared of breaking my game with it. It sounds complicated. :D
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use quite a lot of both.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    Both. Mostly cc but mccc and a couple of other mods to spice up the game.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    Could NEVER play a vanilla game. Just can't. Only if EA would step it up. My main problems with how they design is:

- Too outdated furniture. At least the most of it.
    - Too big items
    - Repeatedly using the same mesh or just slightly different. Annoys me so much!
    - Not enough new items in new packs
    - Clay hair, no eyelashes, not enough hair colors (or freedom with it)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I mostly just use cc for clothing hair and facial hair since the in game options are pretty ugly the hairs styles get worse and worse especially the last few packs. I also use a height slider mod because I cant stand every Sim being the same height.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rosec63srosec63s Posts: 6 New Member
    i love CC
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    Vanilla is overrated, I use way too many mods and cc and still cant get enough of it, though I used to use less in Sims 3 because i could notice the game performance degrading when using only few cc and mods unlike in Sims 4
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I use mods
    I like to occasionally stack my game with mods, only problem I have with mods is a lot of the time I can never tell if it's updated for the latest patch, also updating them with the patches is a bit of a hastle for me and normally I can't be bothered. But I do adore mods, I'll probably get back into them after the 64 bit patch, by then hopefully the game will be patched enough for me to consider using mods again, as of now I struggle to run the game without mods sometimes, thanks to bugs. As for CC, I really don't know why I don't get any. I don't really share my sims on the gallery, and the only CC that interests me is CAS CC, I'll probably get some at some point.