Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is the community that uses mods and cc?

Comments

• Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    I don't use it
    I only recently bought TS4 and for now I want to get to know this version of the game and what comes with it. If I start using mods/cc I doubt it will be much until TS4 is done.

I've done the mod dance for TS2 & TS3, for every EP & patch. I just can't do it again, specially since TS4 seems to get more patches and stuff is divided up into more packs.

Besides, if I want to play where I control almost everything, I'll load up TS2.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    Most of my CC are female haircuts (need moar long hair), MCCC for story progression (as others already said), some custom careers (for variety), a few small mods to adjust minor issues, and one mod I will not name *wink*
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    I use mods
    I was a vanilla player for the first 3 or 4 years.
    Now i mainly have tuning/gameplay mods that make repetitive stuff better.
    Nothing that adds new venues or objects much (one adds a "loan packet" item for a banking mod).

I use
    1. mccommand (story progression for my townies, freezing physique of fitness sims so they don't get too buff, and speeding up my own story lines)
    2. Homework overhaul (skill gain while doing homework)
    3. Don't eat where you angry poop (stop prepping food in the bathroom upstairs instead of using the free kitchen counter!)
    4. Social activities mod (send sims away for vacation, dates, hanging out, visiting family without having to go with them).
    5. SimCity loans (for my middle class families to have essentially mortgages). I love the look of SNBank mod but I'll wait for the estate management for inheritance.

I also want to try one simulation lag on speed 3 and wanted the miscarriage and abortion one for some more random tragedies in my game. I'm looking for more pg ones than 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but think Lil Ms Sam has most of what I want just have to try it. I did try the Slice of Life mod but honestly hated the appearence changes (too Ott for me) and only ended up using the drunk and period effects so I removed it.

I was strictly CC free because I hate when their clothes disappear after a patch, but I've relented to install only CC wedding dresses because all the photos were becoming so samey even with the extra dresses from all the packs.

The dresses aren't allowed for random and are removed from the sims outfit sets after the wedding. So I wouldn't consider myself a actual cc user.

Oh and Andrews pose player for better photos.

caitytrina.png
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    MCCC, a few adult mods ;) and some cc tattoos. Looking for more tattoos if anyone knows of good creators.
    @Jasonschick80 Do you know a cc creator called savagesimbaby? They make some awesome tattoo sets. TSR or Tumblr
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    And yeah, I have a cc problem.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    Yes!! I love cc and mods!
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I used to only have CAS custom content and mods but then I recently got into build/buy custom content again. I don't think I could ever be fully vanilla but I wish :(
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't use it
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I was a vanilla player for the first 3 or 4 years.
    Now i mainly have tuning/gameplay mods that make repetitive stuff better.
    Nothing that adds new venues or objects much (one adds a "loan packet" item for a banking mod).

I use
    1. mccommand (story progression for my townies, freezing physique of fitness sims so they don't get too buff, and speeding up my own story lines)
    2. Homework overhaul (skill gain while doing homework)
    3. Don't eat where you angry poop (stop prepping food in the bathroom upstairs instead of using the free kitchen counter!)
    4. Social activities mod (send sims away for vacation, dates, hanging out, visiting family without having to go with them).
    5. SimCity loans (for my middle class families to have essentially mortgages). I love the look of SNBank mod but I'll wait for the estate management for inheritance.

I also want to try one simulation lag on speed 3 and wanted the miscarriage and abortion one for some more random tragedies in my game. I'm looking for more pg ones than 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but think Lil Ms Sam has most of what I want just have to try it. I did try the Slice of Life mod but honestly hated the appearence changes (too Ott for me) and only ended up using the drunk and period effects so I removed it.

I was strictly CC free because I hate when their clothes disappear after a patch, but I've relented to install only CC wedding dresses because all the photos were becoming so samey even with the extra dresses from all the packs.

The dresses aren't allowed for random and are removed from the sims outfit sets after the wedding. So I wouldn't consider myself a actual cc user.

Oh and Andrews pose player for better photos.

OH wow! Super nice options. Where do you find your mods, if i can ask?
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    MCCC, a few adult mods ;) and some cc tattoos. Looking for more tattoos if anyone knows of good creators.
    @Jasonschick80 Do you know a cc creator called savagesimbaby? They make some awesome tattoo sets. TSR or Tumblr

I dont but I'll check them out, thank you! :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,670 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I used to play a clean game, but when starting to make films/machinima I dl'ed some clutter and a couple mods. I could not have made my films without the UI cheat that allows me to set a sim's mood/needs. Most of the clutter I have organized in a kind of off-game storage, then I use it for specific scenes. Such as if filming a propper meal, I might copy the subfolder with food and dining stuff before I start the game, and when scene is done I'll delete that mod subfolder. CC that several households will use might stay in the game though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2019
    I use both mods and CC
    I use both but I can do without.
    It's really not a catastrophe for me if I don't have any cc or mods but I do enjoy bits and pieces. I mostly have female hairs, MM ones of course.
    Oh and I like CC jewelry. I'm really bad at accessorising so I need more options than what's in the game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    I don't use it
    I never used mods or cc!
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    For mods, I use MCCC (its a must-have), UIcheats (because they keep pushing friendships), SimInfo (because more info is good) and an adult mod.
    Cas CC is a default skin replacement, body hair for mah guys, and a couple of T-shirts.
    Build CC is a Build-your-own shower kit. Because I want to have a nice big shower corner in those big rich houses.
    I've also added paintings I've made myself. Just started so only a couple.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I’m mostly a mod-user. I used to use a lot of CC, but have been clearing all of that out. All I use for CC now are eyelashes, body hairs, a skin, a default eye replacement, and hair recolors.
    Mods, on the other hand, I have dozens and dozens of files of.
  • Options
    I don't use it
    PandySims wrote: »
    I never used mods or cc!

@PandySims do you want to vote?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    UI Cheats. My sims sometimes don't have time to eat and sleep so I cheat their motives. :p

As for cc I have a few sneakers, and some outfits for my older female sims.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I originally played vanilla because I was worried that everything would crash or lag or become glitchy but it does so anyway. Then all my townies were static or dying out so I caved and added Mccc. From there it was a short leap to cc - eyelashes then shoes then clothes then hair. I still have many areas of cc I haven't explored and am very reluctant to try most mods. People s experiences on the forum guide my decisions. My game is prettier and more happens but no less operational than when I was vanilla
  • Options
    PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    I don't use it
    > @telmarina said:
    > PandySims wrote: »
    >
    > I never used mods or cc!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @PandySims do you want to vote?

Sorry, totally forgot to vote! I'm still new here :)
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't use it
    I have nothing against them - I used them extensively in previous Sims games and used to create for The Sims and Sims 2. However, as another poster pointed out, with the frequent patching, you've got to check to make sure your mods and cc have been updated, and I don't have enough time to play the game as it is.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I use mods
    I use a few mods to get options which should have been in the game itself, mccc being the most important. But with possible broken mods with every patch, I try to keep them at a minimum. The only cc I use are genetic unnatural hair colors for toddlers and children, which feels more like a mod than regular cc.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited May 2019
    I use both mods and CC
    I've been playing with mods and cc since the Sims. And I really need mods for Sims 4, wouldn't be able to play the game without them. The bulk of my mobs being those that add character to my sims. and basically enhance their lives.

The mods have breathed so much more life into my game. It hurts when we get a new patch or EP, SP, GM, and things get broken. Waiting for them to be updated is the worst.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    I don't use it
    So... I don't know. I'm really intrigued. One think I have read in a lot of places is how to install mods. But I haven't found anything about how to uninstall the. And also would a i loose a save if I have to uninstall a mod? Or all mods? What happens when you decide that you don't want a mod anymore? Or all? What do you have to do? Sorry for the ignorance but I've found some mods that seem really interesting and i want to try...
  • Options
    OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    I don't use it
    I also play vanilla but I'm tempted by MCCC, especially since I want to do legacies and would like story progression
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited May 2019
    I use both mods and CC
    most of my cc is hair, skins, and build stuff. i love new windows, doors, wallpapers and floor tiles. they didnt really give us much variety there. most of the mods i have fix parts of the game i felt needed improvement, or just dont work right at all. so overall they enhance my gameplay experience.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    telmarina wrote: »
    So... I don't know. I'm really intrigued. One think I have read in a lot of places is how to install mods. But I haven't found anything about how to uninstall the. And also would a i loose a save if I have to uninstall a mod? Or all mods? What happens when you decide that you don't want a mod anymore? Or all? What do you have to do? Sorry for the ignorance but I've found some mods that seem really interesting and i want to try...

Same place you install the mods and cc (your "Mods" folder) you just remove the mod or mods you no longer want. Then you will delete the "localthumbcache" file as well.

I can't speak for everyone, but no. I haven't had any issues with saves when removing mods or cc. Well unless you could removing custom fruits and vegetables. When you load into the lot where they were planted you'll get a message saying some items couldn't be loaded. So you'll just need to replace those removed cc plants with game plants.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!