Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mall

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks all, I feel flattered :blush:

@ZeeGee Yes, as far as I’m concerned the ITF influence is a bit too heavy on the mannequins. From their default outfits to their hairstyle. I believe someone did a mod by the way to make them a bit more controllable? I haven’t really looked into it, don’t know exactly what the mod does. One thing I remember is enabling you to choose their pose, maybe adjusting the hairstyle properly is an option as well. I’ll see if I can find it.

@AlexaKry He hasn’t visited the lot again yet :disappointed:

@CravenLestat I’ll keep an eye on that then, if any cars are left behind (won’t Overwatch take care of that?). I added bicycle racks too by the way, as any Dutch builder of community lots would :grimace:

@bekkasan The only performance issue I get when playing there is the rendering. That can take a while (I also remember having that when I downloaded a huge, very detailed castle someone created, so I really think that indeed has everything to do with the amount of stuff in there).

@igazor LOL, as for the mannequins, that actually would make the experience even better in my book :D As for performance, yes, that indeed would have worked better I think. Though I must say, apart from the rendering, there’s no lag or stuttering so far (I do have a high end computer though). A problem is that a lot of the employees don’t stick to their cash register, which makes me wonder whether that might be caused by the fact there are too many? I often see them walking around. A downside of putting the mall in IP by the way is that all employees show up in their swimwear *rolleye*

@Bettyboop55 Haha, yes, Katy Perry’s pack turned out to be of use after all this way!
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Since you are playing in IP, maybe Yves could be the, at gamestart, unborn child of Florita Hernandez
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Florita_Hernandez
    edited May 2019
    @Auroraskies Oh, wow, good thinking! That would make him the half brother of my Cameron’s daughter (her ex has two children with Florita), so that will be easy to check! I did save him to the bin by the way, so there will always be a way to get him back.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I believe someone did a mod by the way to make them a bit more controllable? I haven’t really looked into it, don’t know exactly what the mod does. One thing I remember is enabling you to choose their pose, maybe adjusting the hairstyle properly is an option as well. I’ll see if I can find it.

That would be such a great mod. I thought I found it but it was for Sims 4. :grimace:
    @ZeeGee I found this one, not sure if it was the one I meant but it is Sims 3 and I do see a different hairstyle! Going to check it later, off to work now ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
    Thank you! I'll try it out.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @JoAnne65 @ZeeGee
    The updated version of that mod is over here, with a small number of bug fixes. We inherited most of Ani's mods when she retired from TS3 modding a while back.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Shop-For-Clothes-Pedestal
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Good! I want more Yves! :smiley:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Once again you blow us away with one of your builds/creations @JoAnne65 ! :astonished:

FANTASTIC Mall! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I love the music store! Do you have a launderette in your town mall? The only thing we have like that is a dentist's office...
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Wow this is amazing! Congrats on being featured.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @JoAnne65 Absolutely incredible! I've downloaded it and now I must change my story a little to get to use it as soon as possible! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited May 2019
    @igazor Thanks, that’s great, just downloaded it!
    @Auroraskies LOL, I checked this afternoon and he's indeed Florita's kid and consequently my sim's kid's half brother.
    @emorrill Thank you, that's a sweet thing to say :blush:
    @queenvortex808 IRL you mean? I think you only see them in bigger towns. Most people here have their own washing machine. A dentist in a mall, the thought haha... that awful drill sound while shopping :s
    @fruitsbasket101 Thanks, yes, I noticed, I feel honoured!
    @jillbg You downloaded it! Hope I'll see it back in your pictures and story. And if you have any tips for me, please let me know. One advice from my part: I fired all the cashiers, because I think they caused there were no visitors anymore. And you don't really need them, sims can buy stuff anyway. I'll add pictures later in live mode myself :)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    @JoAnne65 well the office is upstairs where nobody can hear. They are really good there though. You can hear babies crying in the ear piercing/ jewelry stores.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think the point with the launderette is not so much that most residents of certain countries have their own laundry machines at home or in their apartment buildings. It's more that (here in the US anyway), one wouldn't think of finding a laundry facility or bringing one's soiled clothes to an enclosed shopping mall. Laundromats tend to be free-standing structures or at least face the outside when connected to other buildings. Another example would be full-sized supermarkets; they do exist within shopping malls in urban areas here in the US sometimes given limited space considerations, but that's pretty unusual for us and more typically we would see them off to the side or next door to such a structure.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited May 2019
    Aha, yes, I understand now! That's true (I have no experience with launderettes). Actually.... (I won't be able anymore now to ignore those poor sims who have to drag their dirty laundry through the mall thank you both hahaha), I'm going to open up the outside wall and make an entry there. Because indeed, better! They will have to carry it up the stairs though, can't help that :grimace:
    5JZ57S6.png
    igazor wrote: »
    The updated version of that mod is over here, with a small number of bug fixes. We inherited most of Ani's mods when she retired from TS3 modding a while back.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Shop-For-Clothes-Pedestal

Thanks! Got it.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Congratulations on being featured in the Friday Highlights :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Amazing!!! Great job, wish I was a Sim in that area! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Congratulations on the long lost relative! :smiley:
    Haha, well, I'm not sure if congratulations are in order here. He's really a very unfriendly individual.

vnu8pzj.png

He won't be needing the beds after all (bit of a pity that), but I do advise him to pay a visit to Fashions *rolleye*

Thanks again King! I'm also pleasantly surprised they still give Sims 3 the stage. And @Simmerville , must confess that frequently goes through my mind when I play. The houses they live in, the worlds, the adventures, the easy way they make money, sigh haha.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I like him just the way he is! :smiley:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    How Fun~ I love all the stores! Wonderful job :+1:
  • greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Very nice work, @JoAnne65 , so glad you renewed your interest and were able to finish it. I'm impressed with how much detail you were able to put in. All those shops on one lot look like they'd be fun to explore.
    @Auroraskies Lol, you're just too good for him :D
    @Rflong7 @greenXen Thank you :smiley: (greenXen, your signature, how did you do that, love it, all those characters)
    5JZ57S6.png