Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which occult life state should I try?

I installed Supernatural today and have started a test save with my sim, Josh. Although I don't see myself using occult life states in my regular generational saves, I think I should probably give it a try in this short-term one.

Which occult life state should I try and what could I expect from the life state you chose?

This is Josh :)
40873136523_059d11ff84_o.jpg

It's late and time for me to hit the hay but I look forward to reading any responses with my morning coffee :)

Which occult life state should I try? 53 votes

Werewolf
35%
nickibitswardGraceyManorPuddinroyAnmirlaApparentlyAwesomezagboorulesemorrillcwaddelljillbgkatka_kynclovaSindocatannaliese39tnb494jordandBeeBellsSummerRoxyAfterMidnightGeralt_ofRiviaIVXXXVI 19 votes
Fairy
7%
Bettyboop55ChuChuExpressYuriTheCreatorSimAlexandria 4 votes
Vampire
9%
Emily4331Sigzy05Rae357stephanie99TØP 5 votes
Witch
47%
CK213AmphoraParyJessabeansMikezumiJoAnne65GabbyGirlJlisasc360stargurubecomingjennKarritzCravenLestatfloridameerkatAdria22bekkasanRedShoe7budewarminLinamintsHollyL73AHolyToilet 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    I couldn't decide between werewolf or witch so picked witch because I play with them more often than werewolves - but werewolves are great for a laugh. The one I would have chosen though is genies but that choice wasn't there.

Witches can do magical upgrades and they do better with a familiar such as a cat. In my Isla Paradiso Bunch videos I have a witch, Judy. The household has a cat. Judy gets a positive moodlet from the cat but, the cat hates her and will shred her feet without provocation when it gets the opportunity. This gives Judy a negative moodlet and me a laugh.
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Witch
    I think a witch would be a good start. They are the most ‘human’ of the supernaturals and would be a good introduction into the different supernatural states :)

They do so many useful spells around the house or on different objects and sims.

Although watch out for the autonomous spells they do as they skill up. Before I split up my saves between the supernaturals and the normal sims, I had them all combined together. A witch went crazy shooting out love spells left and right and I was stuck with kissing cousins in my save. :s:D
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Witch
    I couldn't decide between Witch or WW either, for exactly the same reasons as @Karritz - I play with Witches more, but WW's are really fun too.
    I also watch out for the love charm ( can't remember its name exactly ) because one of my witches was always casting it on herself, and next had some undesirable and herself enter a romance, and it wasn't with who I had earmarked her for!

They're really useful, especially if you can be a petty and vindictive player like me :p You can cast all kind of curses and stuff
    They spend less magic power during a full moon, and can replenish their magic with a ride on their broom in the broom arena. You get extra experience toward leveling your magic if you have a familiar ( pet ) and they can learn alchemy faster than other sims. I just LOVE alchemy and it is SO lucrative if you sell at the elixir consignment store.

Little toddler witches can make their toys disappear, and the look on their faces when they do it is so precious!

tumblr_osx143L5mS1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

The do more but I can't think of it all off the top of my head now. I'm about to go off to bed as well.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Witch
    They are all pretty great but I had to pick witch. With a witch, you don't have the transformation on the full moon, don't have to worry about wings, or dying from too much sun. Not that I use it often, but a highly skilled witch can resurrect the dead as a zombie, then with a sunlight charm, you can make them a normal Sim again. The hunger, bladder, and hygiene charms come in handy as well if you need to quickly fill one of those needs.

Werewolves are good for collecting gems, insects, and metals though but I believe dogs can do this just as good. Fairies aren't bad either, they have some powerful aura's that can help anyone nearby and the Sim themselves. Vampires are nice but the sun gets annoying.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    Witches for overall amount of stuff they can do.Not to mention Josh doing broom riding tricks would be hilarious :D

Conversion ritual will keep you busy all day can turn the worst junk item into crazy rare stuff,the randomness is fun plus can conjure apples and use those
    Shooting fire and ice at people
    Magical upgrades even on the dresser (Which turns the dresser into a magic Narnia adventure portal to explore and find rare stuff)
    haunt people with ghosts
    Turn them into frogs
    Best one IMO bring back the dead eitherhome lot graves and urns or cemetery awakens dead as zombies :o
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Werewolf
    I picked werewolf love the fact they can go hunting, eat raw meat, howl at the moon, play fetch, and the transformation is neat!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Witch
    I think witches are fun and you can be both mean and nice as a witch. I use alchemy with my witches so they also have to have gardening skills which I know you enjoy doing. I like that you have to work at being a witch and the spells don't get learned all at one time. You can eventually get the reward to use hands for spells instead of the wands which is nice reward for witch who has mastered her craft.
    Josh will be a beautiful warlock!
    I came very close to clicking werewolf but, you can do that later as you decide to explore more things in the SN EP. Werewolf is the last occult I tried and of course I ended up loving them very much.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Werewolf
    Not sure why I picked Werewolf (as I don't have Supernatural in my game and know very little about them), but it just seemed to be the right fit for Josh. I dunno why. :p

You're using him as the guinea pig right? :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Werewolf
    He looks like he'd make a good Werewolf!

You can make him rich quick by hunting. Witches are my favorite, but I love the animations for Werewolves.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Vampire
    Vampires are my personal favorite, Fairies are good if your doing gardening, and Witches are all around fun if you put in the effort to level up their magic. Witches are also the kind that can easily be used as just a regular sim, you don't have to do anything with their magic unless you want to, while vampires need a certain diet and you can't hide fairy wings(haven't played them in awhile). Never played werewolves, didn't like the ones I saw running around town, ugly.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Witch
    Thank you all for voting :) Although it looks like werewolf is winning, the people who voted for witch have given me more detail about what to expect and it sounds quite exciting! Josh is a Green Thumb and has already been growing the new plants that come with SN and I actually bought him an alchemy station when I set up his house!

I don't have Pets installed yet so he won't get a familiar but one day I will and, if I choose to play witches, they will be complete :)

@bekkasan It looks like you forgot to click "Witch", if that was what you were planning to do, but your comment sounds like it is your choice :) If you did mean to vote Witch, then it is a draw :D
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Witch
    I think they’re all fun to play, but voted witch since I find them to be the most versatile.

Riding brooms is a fun way to travel (witch children’s brooms have training wheels) or perform stunts with at the broom arena.

Witches tend to want to “play with magic” fairly often, so it’s a simple way to fulfill some wishes while leveling up their magic skill. As they advance in their witch abilities, they can learn a lot of useful charms and spells, from upgrading appliances, to cleaning up the lot and repairing broken objects, to curing negative moodlets. They can light fire pits or fireplaces with their fire blast spell, and put any fires out with ice blast. Cursing other Sims or turning them into toads can be fun too.

Conjuring apples and then using the conversion ritual to transmute them into other items is good for making money early on or for using as alchemy ingredients. Witches level up in the alchemy skill faster than other Sims, and elixir creation is very in-depth. Throwing potions at other Sims is also entertaining!

You can also use the Philosopher’s Stone (LTR) to transmute cheap or otherwise useless items like old newspapers into gold ingots, which you can further magically convert for alchemy ingredients. Sometimes the transmutation can fail though, which could kill your Sim if you don’t have a death flower on hand. The Philosopher’s Stone can also be used to bind ghosts.

When SN and Seasons are both installed, the Weather Stone object will appear on a community lot in your town. Each SN occult type has a special weather affect that they can summon, which is more likely to be successful the higher their magic skill (if it fails, you may get struck with a lightning bolt). Witches can cast Bewitching Rain that makes a green rain fall. It boosts the mood of Sims outside and makes them dance, lol.

Also, if you have any of the Magic premium content from the Store, those will enhance the theme and fill a witch’s magic room nicely. IIRC, using the Book of Spells or the Voodoo doll increases the spellcasting skill, and using the Cauldron increases the alchemy skill while conjuring various ingredients needed for crafting elixirs.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I don't do occults so no help there but...good morning! Enjoy your coffee :smiley:
  • Options
    Witch
    @starguru Thanks for voting and for the in-depth info on witches! :)
    Josh had actually been to the Elixir Consignment Store before I put up this poll and had bought both the witch and werewolf elixir :)
  • Options
    Witch
    @ZeeGee Thank you :) I always enjoy my morning coffee and barely function without it ;)
  • Options
    Witch
    Josh is now a witch because of the wonderful info provided by some very helpful simmers :)
    47846732141_5f089eb2cb_o.jpg
    32902721687_a4fed5a612_o.jpg
    47846732061_9d4109fe4b_o.jpg
    47846731871_797fa57d16_o.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Witch
    Awesome , I hope you have great fun! :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    Your sim is hairy, so at first I thought werewolf would be a good choice. But then I thought, "Eww, the werewolves are so UGLY!" And Josh is so handsome that I didn't want to mar his good looks when he goes into werewolf mode. Vampires are too common. I didn't want to see Josh as a fairy, maybe a demon, but I didn't really care about the idea much. So witch was left and I think Josh would make a great warlock!
  • Options
    Witch
    Thank you for voting @ClarionOfJoy and for being concerned about marring Josh's looks :D It is true that werewolves are ugly but I have seen some that are charming in their ugliness.
    I have played several vampires since installing LN years ago but I understand that vampires can do more with Supernatural and I will probably give that a try some time.
    As much as I love my handsome sims, I do get a good laugh when they make faces that are less than pretty. Josh ate a chili dish yesterday and I laughed so hard my cat looked at me like I was crazy :D
    47799822072_0556f7fcd0_o.jpg
    32907875347_efd943bea7_o.jpg
    32907875047_366e512a8e_o.jpg
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Witch
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Thank you for voting @ClarionOfJoy and for being concerned about marring Josh's looks :D It is true that werewolves are ugly but I have seen some that are charming in their ugliness.
    I have played several vampires since installing LN years ago but I understand that vampires can do more with Supernatural and I will probably give that a try some time.
    As much as I love my handsome sims, I do get a good laugh when they make faces that are less than pretty. Josh ate a chili dish yesterday and I laughed so hard my cat looked at me like I was crazy :D
    47799822072_0556f7fcd0_o.jpg
    32907875347_efd943bea7_o.jpg
    32907875047_366e512a8e_o.jpg

Lol, oh my gosh, Josh's facial expressions are awesome! :D

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    I'm sorry - but I can't resist posting a couple of my favourite werewolf pics.

Jane-Jones-Oxley008.jpg

This is toddler Jane howling at the full moon

And shredding the gnomes

Jane-Jones-Oxley006.jpg

Eddie (her dad) transforming

Eddie001.jpg

Then she gets a cuddle from dad. He had to rescue her from shredding all of their garden gnomes

EddieAndJane001.jpg

EddieAndJane002.jpg

Then there is this chap - eating in the bakery werewolf style. I don't know where he came from - think he is a townie. Must have happened before I turned supernaturals off in Options.
    GDB05.jpg

Floor1_k.jpg

Floor1-l.jpg
  • Options
    Witch
    @Karritz It was lovely to come home and see the adorable werewolf toddler :) I have seen them in the chat thread and always thought the animations were very cute :)
    I was actually trying to decide if I should add a partner for Josh when I load my save today and have him be a werewolf. This was just meant to be a short test save but when I did test save when I installed Showtime I ended up with a family of four kids! :D I also added the Hybrid mod today so it would make sense to have at least one baby in the save ;)
  • Options
    Witch
    I added a partner for Josh and they spent their first day together getting to know each other and it went really well :) Now I have a dilemma. Josh has both the fairy and werewolf elixirs in his inventory and I don't know whether Eddie should be a werewolf or a fairy! :D
    32909769407_9461e0c71d_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Witch
    @Mikezumi you will need to set up Story Progression Pregnancy options to get a hybrid baby.

On a computer or City Hall or Base Camp choose

NRAAS | Story Progression | General Options | Options Pregnancy

Then you need to change a couple of settings.
    Chance of Hybrid Offspring
    Maximum Newborn Occult Types (if you want more than 2)

There are other things there you might want to change too.

Have fun
  • Options
    Witch
    Thanks for that information @Karritz :) They are not quite at the baby making stage but it certainly would help to have the settings right! Eddie did try for baby almost immediately after joining the household but I nipped that in the bud before they got to the wardrobe! :D