Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion: Keep the outdoor shower or get rid of it?

Currently working on a public pool lot and while trying to fill up the lot, I tried out this outdoor shower for sims to use before they go in the pool. Or after, depending on the hygiene :p

Anyway, I thought to ask your opinions on this shower stall because I'm fairly 50/50 in being for or against the shower staying.
tumblr_prdglvbWEP1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prdg2xN1Cp1xq9hdmo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_prdg2xN1Cp1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prdg2xN1Cp1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

And yes, I realize that I overused the ivy. I tend to do that :D

Opinion: Keep the outdoor shower or get rid of it? 48 votes

Keep it!
93%
Emily4331suzsesMartinvGraceyManorCororonJessabeanszagboorulesMikezumiemorrillJoAnne65jillbgSimplyJenGabbyGirlJstarguruigazorbecomingjennCravenLestatfloridameerkatIreneSwiftBettyboop55 45 votes
Get Rid of It!
6%
Pary60smusicluvrAuroraskies 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Keep it!
    But can sims use it? :p I know that shower is really finicky about how it's placed. It may plop down no problem but I think if you don't have enough space next to it, sims can't use it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Keep it!
    Well that is quite possibly the coolest and prettiest outdoor shower I've ever seen! :star:

:mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    But can sims use it? :p I know that shower is really finicky about how it's placed. It may plop down no problem but I think if you don't have enough space next to it, sims can't use it.
    Yes they can. I’ve learned some hard lessons about pretty decorating versus practical simmie usage of objects :D
    emorrill wrote: »
    Well that is quite possibly the coolest and prettiest outdoor shower I've ever seen! :star:

:mrgreen:
    Well thank you! I appreciate your vote and the kind words o:)
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited May 2019
    Keep it!
    Many public pools have outdoor showers, and you can also find them on popular beaches, so I'll say keep it! The pool water must be kept clean, and after swimming the sims must get rid of that chlorine smell!
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    Keep it!
    What you would want to tell stubborn children who wish to swim but might not otherwise practice proper swimming pool hygiene is that the sharks and their friend The Kraken who live in the pool's filtering system do not like the odor of soap, so a good wash beforehand will keep them away.

This might work on slobby teens and older as well, if they are gullible enough. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Keep it!
    That shower is just perfect! :) Reminds me of my time in Africa, but in so much prettier...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Get Rid of It!
    I picked "get rid of it"
    Just to be contrary to everyone else :p:D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Get Rid of It!
    Get the Keep Me Clean outdoor shower instead; it has got better stats. And I think the random mermaids would use the IP shower to keep hydrated; unless you have them turned off somehow. That one is not so pretty though.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Keep it!
    I love the shower. Much prettier and more imaginative than any outdoor shower I've ever plopped down. Nicely done.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Keep it!
    I'd keep the shower though the design could be fixed to make it easier for sims to use it.I put them near anything like inventing tables on community lots in case a sim using one caught themselves on fire.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2019
    Keep it!
    I was on the same page as Simplyjen only worried if you had the right amount of space.But since you do :p keep it.

Lol @Pary voting no to be a rebel :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Keep it!
    Keep it! This is is beautiful.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Keep it!
    It looks lovely (as does the rest of the lot), and I say keep it!

However, since Sims always enter the outdoor showers from the left instead of straight on, I’m concerned about the routing. The shower on the left looks like it will probably be fine, but the right one looks like it will be blocked by the angled wall and shelving.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Keep it!
    Pary wrote: »
    I picked "get rid of it"

@Pary Lol, now we know one of your traits ;)

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Get the Keep Me Clean outdoor shower instead; it has got better stats. And I think the random mermaids would use the IP shower to keep hydrated; unless you have them turned off somehow. That one is not so pretty though.

Is that the wooden one on the stand? I can't remember what it's called. I prefer that one to use outdoors as it will fit in better (to me) with the surroundings. The metal one is a communal shower and I usually place those inside my indoor pools in the washrooms. I put a bunch in a row so my Sims can use them after coming out of the pool.

• Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Keep it!
    Unless you've installed the mod to disable the nasty smelling clouds I'd say your sims would need those after some intense aquatic activities :b
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Keep it!
    Keep the shower, but remove those towels. Who is providing clean white towels on a PUBLIC pool?
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    Keep it!
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    Keep the shower, but remove those towels. Who is providing clean white towels on a PUBLIC pool?
    Perhaps they were donated by a local resort or private swimming pool club. White towels are easier to provide than other colors because they can be washed in gallons of bleach to disinfect them whereas other colors wouldn't hold up to such treatments for very long (or they would just become white after a while anyway). :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Get Rid of It!
    @nickibitsward Yes, it is wooden with a square to stand on (but recolourable):
    https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:55618&categoryId=13062&scategoryId=13145

I like the little soap bowl on it, it is a nice touch. And like said before, the sims enter/exit the shower from the left side of it. I use it everywhere, since it is cheap and does what it is supposed to but without any negative moodlet like the other cheap showers. Not that @Amphora 's setup isn't pretty; but I mostly care about functionality. :smile:

Sorry for the late reply, I did not see that you quoted me, something about my phone not rendering it, I don’t know. :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you for all your votes, everyone! This current outdoor shower is only a preliminary of sorts, as I’m not fully satisfied with the look it has. But I will for sure keep a shower on the lot because after all, something has got to fill it up :p

I really appreciate all of your kind words as well, so thank you again! :)
  • Options

I do!

• Options

My town is a perfect Utopia full of horror novel writing evil mermen, sims who like to cosplay as cardboard robots, and cranky aliens or wizards.
    tumblr_prdg934ZYt1xq9hdmo1_540.jpg

tumblr_prdg934ZYt1xq9hdmo4_540.jpg
    so, of course, these fine specimens of pixels will always provide white towels. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I took down the old stall and created a new one. Just thought to show you all the final look of my outdoor shower :smile:
    tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg
    And everything has been playtested too, so both showers work. Took me a bit to tweak the decor just right so that showers could work though. But it's worth the annoyance :D
  • Options
    Amphora wrote: »
    I took down the old stall and created a new one. Just thought to show you all the final look of my outdoor shower :smile:
    tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_prgfgxMqRG1xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg
    And everything has been playtested too, so both showers work. Took me a bit to tweak the decor just right so that showers could work though. But it's worth the annoyance :D

Love it! Pretty and functional.

I love building community lots. You can do so much.

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Get Rid of It!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    I picked "get rid of it"

@Pary Lol, now we know one of your traits ;)

My traits are -

Perfect
    Perfect
    Perfect
    Grumpy
    Bookworm

:D:p

YxwYgO0.gif
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding