March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum for Legacy Edition players?

SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
I won't need this but is Forum provision likely to be made for those who are still forced to use it? They will need some outlet, say, for finding usable lots and CAS and downloading from links until they can upgrade. Some with 64 bit but without video cards can also get problems with Sims 4 and play 32 bit.

The Gallery, game banners, and social integrations will be disabled. The Sims 4: Legacy Edition will not display or allow any purchases of content released after February 2019.

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Simburian,

At this point we are not planning to open a new subcategory for The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. While this version of the game won't receive new content, most discussion topics will be common for both The Sims 4 and The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. The Sims 4 Legacy Edition players are still playing The Sims 4! :)

Any technical issues with the game should be posted in The Sims 4 Technical Issues (PC) board - just mention if you are playing The Sims 4 Legacy so everyone trying to help you is aware ;)

Creative corner would be a good place to share any creations that can be used with The Sims 4 Legacy Edition - maybe someone playing the game would be interested in creating a topic there.

I'd also like to clarify we regularly review the structure, activity and use of the forums to decide which categories we need to create, keep or remove. How much (or how little) you use a category is one of the main things we keep in mind when we do these reviews.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    OK: It's the arguments that might be avoided I was thinking of!
  • Jahjah8uhJahjah8uh Posts: 1 New Member
    Im honestly a little upset about this, I cant get into the gallery (which was my pride and joy), I cant use half my cc, I cant even get sims University. I was so upset when I realized I had to download it, and its really not fair that you guys cant update it. Not all of us can just get u and switch laptops. Ive spent so much money on the Sims and now I cant even enjoy it fully, its a but frustrating
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Jahjah8uh wrote: »
    I'm honestly a little upset about this, I cant get into the gallery (which was my pride and joy), I cant use half my cc, I cant even get sims University. I was so upset when I realized I had to download it, and its really not fair that you guys cant update it. Not all of us can just get u and switch laptops. I've spent so much money on the Sims and now I cant even enjoy it fully, its a but frustrating
    I understand what you are saying but they were planning this way before University was even announced. So it shouldn't have been a surprise they did it. I realize you can't get another computer. There is a way you can play it though if you have a PS4 or an Xbox One.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641