May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why

Just been watching some builds and wonder why the best looking with the most color choices of beds have the lowest rating for comfort and sleep quality. I always use the same beds so my Sims wake up without aches, pains and are well rested. Can't they change the beds to all be 10 across the board ?

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    Are you an anti-mods player? If not there is mod over at modthesims that edit all bed in the game to equally give the same amount of energy.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I know what you mean , some of my favorite looking beds are not the most comfortable for my sims so if I do use them it's only until I can get a replacement. I'm a non mod user myself
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    Just been watching some builds and wonder why the best looking with the most color choices of beds have the lowest rating for comfort and sleep quality. I always use the same beds so my Sims wake up without aches, pains and are well rested. Can't they change the beds to all be 10 across the board ?

I wouldn't want beds to be tens all across the board. I like my sims that are struggling have c-r-appy beds, I do think they should separate the mattresses from the bed frames and let us interchange them. But, that's the main reason I've went to CC beds. I give my broke sims the cheap beds and when they have more money, the get nicer beds.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I wouldn't want beds to be tens all across the board. I like my sims that are struggling have c-r-appy beds, I do think they should separate the mattresses from the bed frames and let us interchange them. But, that's the main reason I've went to CC beds. I give my broke sims the cheap beds and when they have more money, the get nicer beds.

I was thinking that would be an issue, so have some crappy beds but make them with the less choices. I don't like using CC stuff.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    Are you an anti-mods player? If not there is mod over at modthesims that edit all bed in the game to equally give the same amount of energy.

Yes I don't like using mods or CC
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yeah its annoying. i hope the dev team fixes the beds so that you can at least have the mattress and bedframe seperable so we can mix and match since theres no color wheel and sometimes i want a mattress but not the bedframe that comes with it lol.

maybe with that they can fix the comfort level by "upgrading" the mattress you know? would be great cause i hate that as well, i dont like the super fancy beds they look odd in a suburban enviornment.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    yeah its annoying. i hope the dev team fixes the beds so that you can at least have the mattress and bedframe seperable so we can mix and match since theres no color wheel and sometimes i want a mattress but not the bedframe that comes with it lol.

maybe with that they can fix the comfort level by "upgrading" the mattress you know? would be great cause i hate that as well, i dont like the super fancy beds they look odd in a suburban enviornment.

That's kind of a clever and unique idea - just buy the bed frame you prefer and purchase a quality of mattress

• Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Totally agree here. It’s so annoying that all the nicest looking, most versatile for day-to-day households furniture is garbage for stats, and the stuff with the best stats is all weird, ugly, niche looking stuff. The same could be said for chairs, couches, and bathroom furniture.

They really need to separate the mattress/bed clothes from the frames and lock to stats to the mattress.
  • Options
    @ChelleJo When you move your sims up from the crappy beds, I just think they should have more choices of bedding etc. to move up to.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,814 Member

Would that my bed in RL would give me high quality sleep. I always wake up with aches, pains and poorly-rested. Ho-hum.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @GalacticGal as someone suggested an idea about mattresses you can get - is it the bed frame that gives you pain or the mattress you currently have?

Edited: @cheescaeks - still in love the idea you have suggested
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal as someone suggested an idea about mattresses you can get - is it the bed frame that gives you pain or the mattress you currently have?

Edited: @cheescaeks - still in love the idea you have suggested

It was a great bed when we first purchased it. But, when we moved from CA to UT, it was put in storage by the moving company, and the bed hasn't been the same. Sadly, we failed to report it in time. They only give you a narrow window. I had over 200 boxes to unpack. No use in filling out multiple reports, you know? It's basically the mattress.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @GalacticGal that's a shame - hopefully you are able to get a new mattress to give you better sleep!. I am very curious on how that changed when you moved - but those are answers we will never know!
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal that's a shame - hopefully you are able to get a new mattress to give you better sleep!. I am very curious on how that changed when you moved - but those are answers we will never know!

The same group that came from the moving company and put our stuff in storage wasn't the same crew who actually moved our stuff to the new state. They are the ones who told us to never, ever, ever put things in storage beforehand. We had a couple of weeks to go before we left and work to do on our old house. Catch-22. What started out as a good idea, came back to bite us mightily. Hubby is now beginning to suggest we get a new mattress. I hope we can manage sooner, rather than later. It's a crying shame when you manage to get better sleep when on the road. :/
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @ChelleJo When you move your sims up from the plum beds, I just think they should have more choices of bedding etc. to move up to.

More choices is always a good idea, but I, personally, don't think the solution is 10's across the board. That's why, if they'd separate the mattresses from the frames, and make the frames in varying prices, and the mattresses where the numbers are ( 1 poor sleep, to 10 great sleep) that would make the most people happy. And I really don't think less choices is the answer, as we already have such limited choices already.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yea it's weird. I had to download a mod that made all beds with equal stats. Now I can decorate how I want instead of getting them all that gaudy Princess Cordelia or whatever the name is mess.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,000 Member
    I don’t use mods, I wish we could upgrade the beds too. I would have some have a furniture store with beds and upgrade them for sale.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like the crappy so much beds more appearance wise. It's cause they have more simple designs for the frames and aren't so bulky.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Part of the challenge is starting out with items that aren't so comfortable/high class, then as you earn money you have to decide what to update -- do you want to get a better bed so you're not so uncomfortable, a better shower so you don't get a cold shower in the morning, or better appliances so your food turns out better?

One thing I'd love to see is the ability to upgrade beds and sofas -- pay a small cost for materials then use your handiness skills to upgrade the items. Maybe upgrade a maximum of 3 comfort levels.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Most of my sims are fairly poor so they always have the worse beds, but I don't mind the comfort levels. What I really wish they had done is separate the frames and the bedding in the same way as Sims 2. I wonder if it's too late for them to do that now? I would have thought they could give us an update to do that.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I made a thread about this long time ago. Was asking for an interaction to "upgrade beds".
    I play with the buy better mattress mod now. But before I just used the beds I liked and didn't care what my sims felt lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    @GalacticGal I had the same thing happen to an expensive mattress that went into storage while i was remodeling my house. Since most of my spare cash went into renovations I was unable to go out and buy a new mattress. So I went to Walmart and bought a four inch thick memory foam mattress pad that I have been using for four years. Trust me when I say that memory foam pad was the best investment I ever made. I have never owned a mattress as comfortable as this mattress topper. And as someone with chronic back pain from an injury that happened years ago, I can honestly say I have never slept better or had less pain getting out of bed in the morning.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @GalacticGal I had the same thing happen to an expensive mattress that went into storage while i was remodeling my house. Since most of my spare cash went into renovations I was unable to go out and buy a new mattress. So I went to Walmart and bought a four inch thick memory foam mattress pad that I have been using for four years. Trust me when I say that memory foam pad was the best investment I ever made. I have never owned a mattress as comfortable as this mattress topper. And as someone with chronic back pain from an injury that happened years ago, I can honestly say I have never slept better or had less pain getting out of bed in the morning.

I'm having bed problems, too. I got a very cheap mattress eight years ago, and for the first six years, it was wonderful. Unfortunately, the 'cheap' has started to show as the springs have started to break. The memory foam topper sounds like a good short-term solution, but I'm wondering if it will work with cats? Mine like to knead the bed, and one of them eats everything, so if bits started to come out, I'd worry about him. (That's one reason I've had trouble finding a new mattress - many are now spring with gel toppers, and the cats would ruin that in no time.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Back on topic, beds have been my pet peeve since The Sims. I don't mind so much if my Sims are a bit whiny about an uncomfortable bed, but I don't want them to sleep twelve hours a day just to get a full night. Watching them sleep isn't very interesting.

Devs, please stop making beds with less than a 7 rating. We have loads of crappy beds, and I can't use any of them. Frankly, I'd buy a pack just to get a good bed. (Actuallly, that's one of the reasons I bought City Living - to get the canopy bed.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Most of my sims are fairly poor so they always have the worse beds, but I don't mind the comfort levels. What I really wish they had done is separate the frames and the bedding in the same way as Sims 2. I wonder if it's too late for them to do that now? I would have thought they could give us an update to do that.

i dont think its too late to do that. the patterns are all there and the mesh is there, i think its just a matter of time and money spent separating the mesh from each other and then categorizing it into frames and mattresses. if we really make enough noise about it like toddlers they may put resources behind it haha