Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the good order !

Let's guess the order !

Guess the good order ! 160 votes

EP07 (June), GP08 (July) and SP15 (Sep.)
10%
ANNETTE1951moltaziaNivyxslamondalxsrenickmarbergPlumbobCrossingAngelEb95MsReid113PeanutButterSims2002simuelleBewitchingSashaJasper7702IVXXXVIThunderNeb[Deleted User] 16 votes
EP07 (June), SP15 (July) and GP08 (Sep.)
71%
Dannydanboauroraael14catmom1987LeGardePourprerudy8292Erja888alexspoom13IceyJaprilrosePlayerSinger2010AlrynnIsb917SimburianBrokenChaos69IrdiwenAnmirlainvisiblgirlsimgirl1010DJQ1308IObelle 114 votes
GP08 (June), EP07 (July) and SP15 (Sep.)
2%
RoboSpongieImSandsAgustín CornejoShaykiki123 4 votes
GP08 (June), SP15 (July) and EP07 (Sep.)
6%
Moon_WillowAjaGiomock68taydevsunspriterwiredhanna67TaraIris94SAEldarinGamingTweetyainsCheetahAlyssa 11 votes
SP15 (June), EP07 (July) and GP08 (Sep.)
5%
JeanWritin_Regaecollins21CorenrenCaityCupcakes10Evilyn_1007izecsonKookieSpring 8 votes
SP15 (June), GP08 (July) and EP07 (Sep.)
4%
Bagoas77CinebarR0bertaLemon405lar0jaSimmyFroggylinenrose 7 votes

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2019
    SP15 (June), GP08 (July) and EP07 (Sep.)
    What makes you think two packs will come out in a row? June and July? Wishful thinking? And another in Sept? Wow, what rummors have you heard besides that 20 DLC drops by April- Oct.?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What makes you think two packs will come out in a row? June and July? Wishful thinking? And another in Sept? Wow, what rummors have you heard besides that 20 DLC drops by April- Oct.?

Not rumors, they confirmed during a livestream that 3 packs were coming in the next 6 months. One of each type.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Considering that the Game Changers were called into action I’m pretty sure the expansion pack is first since they only get called for EPs and not the other two types. After that I’d say stuff pack because it’s smaller, and then game pack.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Considering that the Game Changers were called into action I’m pretty sure the expansion pack is first since they only get called for EPs and not the other two types. After that I’d say stuff pack because it’s smaller, and then game pack.

This was my thinking exactly.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Expansion pack in June focused on Tropical Getaway(s) or farming, a Stuff Pack in July focused on babies, weddings, cars, teens, or elders, and then a University Game Pack in September. Just my theories though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Expansion pack in June focused on Tropical Getaway(s) or farming, a Stuff Pack in July focused on babies, weddings, cars, teens, or elders, and then a University Game Pack in September. Just my theories though.

A Uni pack would be too large for a GP. Maybe a MAGIC GP in September.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »

Not rumors, they confirmed during a livestream that 3 packs were coming in the next 6 months. One of each type.

I don't pay attention to their livestreams, but was this after Strangerville? Meaning we'll have two game packs this year?

Edit: Yeah, I just googled it and it was after Strangerville. I'm not sure why I didn't do that first before asking, ha.

Anyway, since it's pretty much a given that the next EP will be in June, I'd say after that would be a stuff pack, because it's smaller, and then another game pack down the road sometime in September.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    But they said Vacation packs - which are destinations are now done in gps - so it won't be an ep if it is a vacation pack. Uni's are big packs and have always required an EP. We have to keep that in mind.

And yes the 3 packs coming - 1 of each type - 1 ep, 1 gp, and 1 sp was announced after Strangerville. Strangerville came out in Feb. I believe it was the Maxis Monthly from April they announced that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited May 2019
    April livestream
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa7-Hu5dNCg
    Starting at about 1:35
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    OP, why do you hate August?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I just guessed. No idea at all. :)B)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    June EP is like 99% happening. If they do a release in July, I imagine it'll be the SP. If they wait until later, it could be the GP before the SP.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Why do you think they’ll be three releases in a row?

I’d imagine a schedule more like this:
    June - EP08
    August - SP15
    September - GP08, might even be October.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    edited May 2019
    Irdiwen wrote: »

June - EP08
    August - SP15

Where are you getting three releases in a row?
    edited May 2019
    I actually wonder about what they are doing for a possible - DEC or later release as I notice they had three contract jobs (2 artists and an animator) listed for short term - ( 6 months) that starts in early June 17 and ends in mid- December for a Sims 4 pack as well.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

June - EP08
    August - SP15

Excuse me, three releases in those months. There are more options that are more likely as July is in the middle of Summer for the largest part of the player base.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    @Chazzzy wrote: »

Just it was an example, the most important is the order.
    edited May 2019

June - EP08
    August - SP15

Excuse me, three releases in those months. There are more options that are more likely as July is in the middle of Summer for the largest part of the player base.

I also would assume it would be those months seeing in mid April the devs stated "in the next 6 month we would get the 3 packs". The next 6 months were May-October. It seems May and June would be out of the question for at least an ep as we get 6 weeks of trailers and announcements for eps and we are May 5th today and still no announcement so I can't see an ep coming until after July. There could be a June sp or gp as there is still time for announcing those. (gps usually get two weeks announcements and sps get 1 week max.

Personally I sort of doubt them dropping any packs until they release the Legacy pack for 32 bit players - as dropping packs they can not use would be even a further slap in the face to those Simmers - in my opinion anyway - so I would guess they would give them their legacy pack (in June) and hopefully fixes before we get what ever pack they plan first for us 64 bit players. Seems like the right thing to do to me anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

June - EP08
    August - SP15

I also would assume it would be those months seeing in mid April the devs stated "in the next 6 month we would get the 3 packs". The next 6 months were May-October. It seems May and June would be out of the question for at least an ep as we get 6 weeks of trailers and announcements for eps and we are May 5th today and still no announcement so I can't see an ep coming until after July. There could be a June sp or gp as there is still time for announcing those. (gps usually get two weeks announcements and sps get 1 week max.

Personally I sort of doubt them dropping any packs until they release the Legacy pack for 32 bit players - as dropping packs they can not use would be even a further slap in the face to those Simmers - in my opinion anyway - so I would guess they would give them their legacy pack (in June) and hopefully fixes before we get what ever pack they plan first for us 64 bit players. Seems like the right thing to do to me anyway.

Not entirely.

We got the Seasons announcement last year May 24th. Release was June 22nd.

So, an EP is still possible.
    edited May 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

June - EP08
    August - SP15

Not entirely.

We got the Seasons announcement last year May 24th. Release was June 22nd.

So, an EP is still possible.

But that was an exception - not the norm because of the EA Play the first week of June - so simmers could play it at EA Play and it was readied earlier than normally. All they had to do after EA Play was finish polishing it up for simmers to download a couple weeks later.

The devs even stated they generally need 6 + weeks after announcing an ep normally. So you cannot really count an ep either EA Play or Gamescom to follow normal timelines. But who knows, they could even repeat that same timeline this time as well. I guess we wait and see - as you could be right as well.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Something being released in August WOULD make the month somewhat interesting... August is such a boring month. :D

I'm not sure of the order, but I'm 100% sure we're getting something in June, and it'll probably be a uni EP. I'm hoping beyond anything the GP is witches based on the timeline of SimGuruGrant's poll last year where Witches won by a landslide.

Something being released in August WOULD make the month somewhat interesting... August is such a boring month. :D

I'm not sure of the order, but I'm 100% sure we're getting something in June, and it'll probably be a uni EP. I'm hoping beyond anything the GP is witches based on the timeline of SimGuruGrant's poll last year where Witches won by a landslide.

Well I am sure EA wouldn't agree as August is when Gamescom is...

In dreams - I LIVE!

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

*sigh* Who says it's going to be as big as it was in ts2 and ts3?
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited May 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

*sigh* Who says it's going to be as big as it was in ts2 and ts3?

Because of the amount of programming and reprogramming that is in a Uni pack. EPs do not have the tight budget for programming that gps have. That's why they choose destination packs for gps and eps for packs that expand (change up or add to) the whole game - which Uni does.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I agree with the order of EP, SP and GP but I think the EP will be in June (possibly something that requires 64-bit which is why they're dropping 32-bit support in June), but I think the SP will be in August (maybe something fashion related to connect with the recent Moschino tie-in, or maybe something teen related) and the GP in early October (too much to hope for witches at last?). Then for the latter half of the fiscal year we could see an EP in late November for the holiday shopping crowd, another GP in January or February (plus a sizable content patch for The Sims 20th Anniversary. then an SP in March to take us out of FY20.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)