Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 NEEDS This Feature! (Third Person Mode)

aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
Remember controlling your Sims/Urbz in the handheld and home console games? Pepperridge Farm remembers.
Apparently a modder does too and has made a mod for The Sims 3 that lets you go into third person mode and control your Sims directly.
Now if only we could get a modder to do this for Sims 4. Or even better Maxis to do it officially. Would go great with the first person view too for more immersion into our Sims world.

Mod: http://modthesims.info/d/625595/the-third-person-mod.html
Sims Supply Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWPYzySksOE
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No thanks
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Not into it really. Feel like that would work better for the handheld system for the sims as they're pretty simplistic and have various goals and missions to be progressing further into the story. Feels weird having a feature like that for a sims game, but that's just me.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We can do a form of this now and when I try it, it makes me ill. No thanks.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    its cool but id rather see the dev team do other things with their budget and time. maybe if it was done for free on spare time like first person camera was.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think it’s cool they added the first person camera and having first person controls would be great.

Unfortunately the first person camera we currently have follows every bob and sway that your sim makes and it causes a lot of people to get motion sickness.

Personally I’d really appreciate a more fleshed out version with a more steady camera and some good controls.

ETA: I just noticed you said third person not first person.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    When I tried the sims 3 for the first time I thought i can control the sims like I did in Sims 2 Pets console version, was dissapointed a little bit, Would love to have this in sims 4 though.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    It's cool, but I think the team has a lot of other things they should be focusing their time on rather than this.
  • FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    To save on development time, I would suggest just a camera from the back of the sim, but you control them the same way, or even a first person camera so you can see what they see, no need for controlling them manually even tho that would be lovely.
    SilentConfusion.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    I would love wall mounted double ovens and induction countertop stove tops
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    why? sims 4 doesnt even have open world to begin with.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Gimme gimme gimme gimme. I play several challenges, and this would make them even more CHALLENGEY... er. Asylum challenge anyone?
    funny-gifs20.gif

Karon wrote: »

What does open world have to do with this?

Also, sorry for double-posting!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• godagarahgodagarah Posts: 7 New Member
    what about first person? ;P
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    godagarah wrote: »
    what about first person? ;P

Hit Shift+Tab
    y'all got bread?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would play it this way, even would love to play in first person mode. (The ultimate dream)
    I still find clicking everywhere unnatural.
    it helps if you want to get you sim in a specific position, and facing a certain way.
    Although I'd prefer to use the arrow keys!
    Imagine [Space bar] to jump. <3

Would make adventures, and maze runs more fun.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    FancyNight wrote: »
    To save on development time, I would suggest just a camera from the back of the sim, but you control them the same way, or even a first person camera so you can see what they see, no need for controlling them manually even tho that would be lovely.

I honestly don't see how that would be different from right-clicking to follow our sims. We already have first person mode, too. Shift + Tab.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Karon wrote: »

Sims 2 console also didnt have open world back then but 3rd person control on that game was superb, It's what hooked me to The Sims game
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Pepperridge Farm remembers.
    :lol::lol::lol:

This would be a cool feature to be implemented in the next Sims game perhaps... I personally don't know how feasible it is for TS4. But with the addition of first person view, maybe it's totally doable! I like the idea :)
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Hey if somebody's already on creating a 3rd person mod for the sims 4 that's probably all we need for now :smile:
  • Briah42Briah42 Posts: 35 Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > Gimme gimme gimme gimme. I play several challenges, and this would make them even more CHALLENGEY... er. Asylum challenge anyone?

Say whhhaaattttt @nerdfashion what's the Asylum challenge?!?!
    @Briah42 the Asylum Challenge is very complicated for me to explain in one post. Here's the link to the actual rules:
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/792947/the-sims-4-asylum-challenge/p1
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RJEB1RJEB1 Posts: 30 Member
    I have been asking for this for years and years since i am a console player. I remember back when the sims 2 on the original xbox had this mode it was called direct control mode and you can toggle between cursor mode and direct control mode. They finally added first person mode but it does not feel the same since you still have to use cursor mode to click on every inch of the floor to move. For some dumb reason they made it so the left joystick changes the field of view which makes no sense and is dumb and pointless on console. The entire direct control mode is there already when they inplimented the first person mode so if they just change the input of the left joystick to the movement of your sim instead of changing the field of view then we will be right on spot with the old direct control mode. I remember in the sims 2 way back when you would use the left joystick and push it lightly to walk or push it all the way to run and then click A button/X button to interact with objects and sims. We need that back please