Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PORTRAIT - Cycle One

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @xJojox

Since some people have extensions, can I be a pain, and request to join as of round 2?

Trash wants to feel pretty. :p

tumblr_prwkadSoRf1v2n804o1_1280.pnj

I am so horribly out of practice with editing. This is my first edit for the year.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Movotti it is a cumulative contest. and if your happy to join us from here... go for it!

if other people are happy with this too, please chime in :)
  • Options
    FauxEvermoreFauxEvermore Posts: 226 Member
    @xJojox Thanks for posting Round 3! Just to clarify, is (drawn) stock hair ok to use?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @FauxEvermore yes if you got some stocks your free to use them
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Seen the new Assignment <3 & welcome aboard @Movotti ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    To be honest, I think I am going to enter something for round two and three, round three in particular is a challenge I always loved when I was more active :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    My Entry For Round2 :)

Sim: Rebecca Pierce

FHPsua4.png
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    HA :)@YJB19299 jumping on in... why not. like i said if your happy to be a little behind everyone else. that is more than fine. welcome
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Thank you @xJojox !
    I'm not worried about the final result, just trying to get back into the swing of things by diving into a comp that appeals to me.

My model is Trash Kan

Edit: wait... Are we supposed to use female models,?
    If so, BRB.

Edit 2:

Turned Trash into a girl. A real girl.

Model: Trash Kan

tumblr_prxq2lZIqZ1v2n804o1_1280.png
    Post edited by Movotti on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    your model was fine @Movotti ... if you can make him feel pretty amongst the ladies or he doesnt mind putting on girl clothes... its ok!
  • Options
    Ok, sticking with boy Trash.
    Though girl Trash is amusing
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    I had so much more planned for this. The RV we've been staying in for the past couple of days promised good wi-fi, but we've barely been able to connect to the internet. I wasn't able to find everything I wanted to, and it led to very little editing time. I'm submitting this so I'm still in the comp, but next round should be much better!
    Round 2: Tears
    Madalyn Chen

vZ1wXVP.png
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sorry if I am late with mine, I tried to upload yesterday and for some reason I could not get it to upload. But when I got home just now for my break it worked.

Assignment 2: Tears
    Model: Alison Johnson

o0DkgK2.jpg
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Round 3 was tough! I tried several different approaches before settling on the below (will release the other one after the round ends). Ultimately, I went with something that’s a bit topical – I’m a huge superhero movie fan (both Marvel and DC) but until recently there’s been a real lack of female representation on the big screen in the genre. I want to remind every girl that there’s a hero in all of us:
    Round 3
    Paola – There’s a (Super)Hero in All of Us
    (Yes, it’s Paola emerging as a newborn Wonder Woman)
    tumblr_prysf6YrQW1wra6yeo1_1280.png

Credits:
    Hair – Drawn stock and glow filters in Photoshop
    Hands – Edited (left) and drawn from scratch (right)
    Makeup – Photoshop
    Tiara, Zipper, Earrings, Bracelet, Earbuds, Backpack – Google images warped in Photoshop

*Edit* Also base for background from Wonder Woman promotional images

*Edit* Link to before / after (including pre-filter version): https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/17074210/#Comment_17074210
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited May 2019
    Wow, @FauxEvermore (formally, @jpikman?) would love to see how you did this step by step. I'm nowhere near as familiar with what can be done like that in Photoshop. @xjojox your tutorial about the zipper-face I'll need to follow carefully, never done anything like this. :s

• Options
    edited May 2019
    @Jendowoz0612 this is totally do-able in PS. its all done with clever shading and basically fixing the clay tones and sim imperfections basically and making them look more real. The hair is done by a stock found on deviant art or maybe another place where you can purchase them. I have often used them myself.

But all my pictures are shading. Without it they would look awful. Since my graphics card is not great.
    I spend time smoothing out the edges (look how bad her neck is on the left side) A few touch ups and re drawing it a little and re shading (not the program) helps me so much. I often darken what is slightly dark, to make them stand out, such as jawlines, ears etc.

Take this SIMPLE picture. Im no jpikman, LOL But the simple shading on the knuckles, hands, finger nails and simple lines on the fingers from an original photo on the left. Sometimes its the little details that make a picture shine. Remember you can take REAL nails from a person. Because they are an accessory. Use brushes in PS to help your sim. Lashes, etc. Feel free to draw on your sims makeup too. Very easy thing to do if you watch the right videos on how do to it!

or4dbk.png
    2ldhnxe.png

The process from game, drawing the cape, shading.

beh460.png

These are very old edits, mind you! But you get the idea what an impact shading can do to a simple picture

• Options
    Thank you, @xJojox I will certainly try my best to action all that you said and that video is great by the way. I just wish it was verbal as well.

• Options
    Haha I found that one because sometimes find people's voices annoying when I'm trying to concentrate. But it's all there. The png. The brushes u might need
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Fantastic Ladies...... @xJojox
    Took My Edit....... <3
  • Options
    @Jendowoz0612 Thank you! I am happy to share my PSD file (just message me and I'll send it - it's 80MB lol). It's exactly what @xJojox said in her post regarding the steps. And she does a waaaay better job than me at creating contrast and dimension in her edits (the part about shading/glow).

1. Like @xJojox said, I start with fixing the sim's "clay" skintones and cleaning up edges. Many times this involves actually re-drawing parts, including lips (often), nose (often), eyes (often), facial tones (often) and hands (sometimes). You can technically re-shade the body but I run out of steam by then. In the PSD file, this can often involve ~50/60 layers, which I then consolidate into a base clean layer. Only then do I start with the actual effects / artistic components.
    2. As @xJojox said, I then try to find stock hair and maybe Google accessories and spend some time incorporating them into the edit. This involves warping and shading. Probably another 10-15 layers or so.
    3. I also spend significant time on the pre-processing effects, including face shine, makeup and whatever else spruces up the edit
    4. Finally, for this edit I incorporated post-processing effects using Photoshop actions (the bloom and glow that you see) - the PSD file differentiates between all these steps and candidly, it's really steps 1 and 2 that take the most time. All in, we're talking 100+ layers.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Wowsers! My goodness, no wonder they look so professional. You must have the patience of a saint, my friend. <3

• Options
    oh yeah some of my pictures can be 50+ layers. i dont actually count, because it gets fiddly after a while. and i flatten them as i work if i can.
  • Options
    @Mamajanaynay its judging time again. Everyone by O-meezy made it in. :) Hope to hear from you soon!