Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have problems in Get Famous with Talent Showcase?

This would happen everytime my sim goes to a talent showcase (Usually at Club Calico). My sims would sign up at the bar, wait a minute or two, get called up, practice acting for 5 hours and then the talent showcase ends. What happened? I have heard so many great stories of talent showcase.
I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    At least you had something happen. So far, on the rare occasions my sim gets asked to go to one they wind up at the wrong location, the inviting sim disappears, and the whole thing goes pooey.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't think anything else is supposed to happen. It's just a showcase. I think the purpose of it is to give your sims a chance to get nominated for an award.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't think anything else is supposed to happen. It's just a showcase. I think the purpose of it is to give your sims a chance to get nominated for an award.

Do they tell you if you are nominated?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't- I'm guessing due to bugs. But it doesn't happen right after the showcase regardless. The showcase is just there to provide your sims a way to get some fame performing in public and to potentially get nominated for something (you can get nominated for stuff without the showcase as well though)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't- I'm guessing due to bugs. But it doesn't happen right after the showcase regardless. The showcase is just there to provide your sims a way to get some fame performing in public and to potentially get nominated for something (you can get nominated for stuff without the showcase as well though)

Oh thanks!
    Today I actually, finally had a somewhat good experience with talent showcase. I had a sim who mastered comedy skill and was telling jokes and stuff. She attracted a lot of attention. LIKE A LOT. Almost 20 sims were there cheering her on. Not sure if she won an accolade but that was possibly the best experience I ever got.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    My sims often get invited to talent showcases, but then end up on a home lot rather than a night club or bar, and I can't even knock on the door because no one is home. This has happened to me three times in a row now and I'm not accepting such invitations anymore.
    My sims often get invited to talent showcases, but then end up on a home lot rather than a night club or bar, and I can't even knock on the door because no one is home. This has happened to me three times in a row now and I'm not accepting such invitations anymore.

I heard that was a glitch that was supposedly fixed. Hmm...
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2019
    When you go up to perform, the poeple that watch you perform, they will have a thought bubble either with the musical note with a circle in it with a thumbs up or down. If you get a thumb up with everyone they like it, the thumbs down indicates they are not impressed. At the end of you performace they will vote and if you see the image of the reward bouble come up either during your performence or after it means that sim voted for your sim to recieve the reward. The more sims that display the star trophy in their thought bouble the higher the chances. Another thing sims that have no celeberity ranking will count vary low when voting, but celeberity ranking of 1 star gives 10 points 2 gives 20 points 3 gives 30 points 4 gives 40 points and 5 gives 50 points. So you will need to beatout the other celeberities in your game to get the reward.

Edit: The musical note is just one example, that relates to music.

The rewards are the Best dressed in the tightest cloth
    The 110% best actor reward
    The friendliest sim in del so valley
    musical genies

There could be more but they are not active in my game.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    @Sid1701D9 thank you! When I was doing it a lot of celebrities came over and had thought bubbles, I didn't look at them though. I keep forgetting to attend the ceremonies.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member

Wow, I never looked at it that way. Once my Sim has earned some fame, I figured what was the point? He'd just show-up all the other talent. Also, the venue where it usually takes place in my game, has the piano and microphone in the patio area outside of the wedding chapel. It generally rains on Talent Night. :open_mouth:

But, I may see if this helps my Sim get more noticed by the Nomination Committee. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/