Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New freelancer carrers

Are you enjoying the new freelancer carrers? I have only experienced yet with the writer one. It gives good paychecks and allows the sims to be more free for other stuff like improving relationships and gaining other skills. What do you think?

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I have yet to try it out however if it becomes too repetitive like the gig system in the acting career I'm not sure how long I would do it. But I will still try it out and see what it's all about.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Doesn't even work.

Got a gig, completed it, tried to submit it, realized there's NO WAY to submit for approval.

Completely broken.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I found it handy for two of my families. One has a Sim with the Loner trait and the freelancer career works well for him. The other is a family with twin toddlers & it's miles easier when one Dad can stay home (because Daycare issues).
    But yeah, I can see it getting repetitive. Then again, other careers' daily tasks can be too.

@gettps: if this was in the Writer one, the Submit for Approval for books is on the book itself in the Sim's inventory instead of the Freelancer menu. I wish they'd kept it in all in the same place, because it's so easily missed.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    Doesn't even work.

Got a gig, completed it, tried to submit it, realized there's NO WAY to submit for approval.

Completely broken.

@gettps in what of the Carrers did this happened?
    I have been keeping my sims freelancer writer Carrer and yes, it gets repetitive and sometimes it actually is time consuming but it gives a much bigger payment very easily. Not sure if this is a good thing though.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I love it! I've never used the Programmer one, it doesn't fit my playing style very well, but the other two are an easy way to make big bucks.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Oh I've just thought on something i must try next time i play: I'll take my freelancer Sim to Granite Falls and stay a little longer there. I guess he can work from there.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Oh I've just thought on something i must try next time i play: I'll take my freelancer Sim to Granite Falls and stay a little longer there. I guess he can work from there.

Cool idea!

I really like them... Haven't done the programming yet though
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've used them all. They're fun! But I feel like it's actually too easy to make a lot of money.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: