Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favourite Sims 3 World?

I've always wanted to know what simmers' favourite worlds were so I decided to make a poll to see what worlds are the most popular. You will see I have only included worlds from the sims 3 expansions, although I am well aware of the amazing worlds that simmers have made. I also could not include the worlds that can be purchased from the store due to the poll feature only allowing up to ten options. Feel free to cast your vote and expand on them in the comments. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

What Is Your Favourite Sims 3 World? 131 votes

Sunset Valley
22%
nickibitswarddimp10Kariussafruitsbasket101MikezumicwaddellRosemaryThymeBettyboop55becks11125782341b77vlmariajane216TadOlsonInternal_ChaosZeeGeeBerryCharmingjordandNoree_DoreePalmArrowcoolsim9999999SummerRoxy 29 votes
Twinbrook
12%
rudolphaMontrase102AmphoraRiskagen88ParyemorrilljillbgGabbyGirlJstarguruDillynJamesEchova3KNPenEnkiSchmidtSimtown15GoulsquashSunnyyesjams 16 votes
Bridgeport
11%
Emily4331floridameerkatxitneverendssalexjoanrowwDoloresGreyEmo-usagi2187Sigzy05YuriTheCreatorreadypostPlainevilLaneBoy1995SimCaitystephanie99TØPingridmf 15 votes
Appaloosa Plains
9%
aprilrosestoryyzagbooruleskiara07KaytayRoallPersefona711ChuChuExpressTechbiltthuggishsplicerRedShoe7TodilooSatanu_Reeves 12 votes
Starlight Shores
2%
lizzielilyyCravenLestatliizzys1302 3 votes
Moonlight Falls
27%
crazygrl32084carlystur03MartinvSurrealAnmirlaMoon_WillowJACKIEJOYAlexaKrykorsetbecomingjennRsandabekkasanSindocatSims4MagicalTalesAdamsEve1231AlphaFFrogKelvinKayeStarbudewarminHillyBeth 36 votes
Isla Paradiso
15%
AbellaKellaherSimsILikeSimsGraceyManordreamerz13ApparentlyAwesomeDALEJR88FANJoAnne65SPARKY1922sassygray5IllusoryThralllarrylove1260smusicluvrayyitsmellxhellocoldworldtexxx78TinySpaceFoxCaityCupcakes10ClarionOfJoyGamingTweetyAivira 20 votes

Comments

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited April 2019
    Twinbrook
    Of the options chosen, Twinbrook has to edge into my favorite. It has so many different flavors to it! Industrial, beach, bayou, city, farm country - not to mention it has pretty scenery <3

All of the rest are ok, but Sunset Valley would have to be my least favorite. It’s pretty, don’t get me wrong, but I played it for so long that I grew heartily tired of it and haven’t played it for years and years. I enjoy seeing other’s pics of it though :)
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Appaloosa Plains
    I like Sunset Valley, but the lack of flat areas to put more plots of land on irritates me a bit. I chose Appaloosa Plains because it's pretty. One problem. It puts the Festival Grounds over where the Lexington Mansion should be.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Bridgeport
    Despite it being quite hard to edit in many new lots, I adore Bridgeport. It's just a nice change when most of the other worlds aren't very metropolitan. On top of that, I really enjoy the bars that the Late Night expansion introduced, but I also happen to hate editing every nightlife spot in the other worlds to place the professional bar. :lol: The self serving bar is the bane of my existence. :lol:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Isla Paradiso
    I don't play sims 3 for about 5 years from now, but only reading Isla Paraiso made me smile. It was awesome, with the boat houses and so much to do. But I do recall it to be very buggy...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2019
    Isla Paradiso
    My favourite EP worlds are also the most borked ones unfortunately. Though in Bridgeport's case NRaas solved that entirely. In IP's case unfortunately not completely, but at least it's playable with the occasional stutter and a required resetsim *. Appaloosa Plains I love as well but I haven't really played there yet (for a longer time I mean).

IP I love because there's so much to do that's unique to that world and for different reasons the same goes for Bridgeport.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    FabBunny wrote: »
    I've always wanted to know what simmers' favourite worlds were so I decided to make a poll to see what worlds are the most popular. You will see I have only included worlds from the sims 3 expansions, although I am well aware of the amazing worlds that simmers have made. I also could not include the worlds that can be purchased from the store due to the poll feature only allowing up to ten options. Feel free to cast your vote and expand on them in the comments. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Depends on the type of household I'm playing. I love Moonlight Falls though! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Appaloosa Plains
    Of the EP worlds, I guess Appaloosa Plains is probably my favorite, mostly because it is so horse-friendly. Lots of fun off-road riding trails to explore and all the community lots have the tethering posts.

My favorite is actually Hidden Springs, though. Followed closely by Sunlit Tides and Dragon Valley. I just love the atmosphere in each of them.

I've always wanted to like Moonlight Falls, since I love the supernatural EP so much, but it seems a bit gloomy. Always foggy and overcast, even mid-day on a "sunny" day. And during my most recent save there, there seemed to be a distinct lack of single YA males.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2019
    Moonlight Falls
    @KaytayRoall about Moonlight Falls, the reason behind the 'gloom' is probably for the vampires.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Sunset Valley
    Sunset Valley is like home to me. I know every inch of the town and never feel lost or confused when looking for a particular venue or house. Since my focus has always been on sims and their genetics I don't much care for the surroundings or house styles, so being in a familiar place makes things easier for me.

I guess the fact that I have been very slow in adding new EPs to my game (I still have 4 that I own but haven't installed) means I haven't had time to familiarize myself with the newer towns.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Bridgeport
    I mean I like them all, but Bridgeport is special to me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Isla Paradiso
    Apparently I'm just a much bigger fan of the store worlds and just never really thought about it. The EP ones are nice sure, but just kept going "nah... nah... nah" nice but not a favourite.This choice didn't make me have a nervous breakdown like it does when store worlds are included lol.

I do really love Isla Paradiso, though, definitely my favourite of the EP worlds. Pretty, tropical, colourful, and you can go below the surface of the ocean and it's like a whole other world!

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Twinbrook
    Twinbrook will always be special to me because it was the first world I played in for a long span of time. I especially love the Bayou area, that made me totally fall in love with the world and made me want to create my own. Then the people have nice backgrounds and interesting faces. I have adopted Juan Darer to my world and story as the husband of one of my main characters, Missy. I have also used Chase Bayless and an upaged to teen Thomas Castor as teen deliquents in some chapters... So Twinbrook is a winner on all fronts! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Twinbrook
    I've always wanted to like Moonlight Falls, since I love the supernatural EP so much, but it seems a bit gloomy. Always foggy and overcast, even mid-day on a "sunny" day. And during my most recent save there, there seemed to be a distinct lack of single YA males.

@KaytayRoall I think EA wanted to create a Washington State feeling, much inspired from the Twilight series... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Twinbrook
    Definitely Twinbrook ... It's really atmospheric, and like @Amphora says, it has a little of everything. I love its industrial vibe combined with its architecture.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2019
    Starlight Shores
    I am going to be "That guy" yes when voting was and currently still the only person to click Starlight Shores.

Thought I would paste a bit of an old simmers review of the game but in bold highlight something.This reviewer coming out the gate before playing already had it set in their mind with the Ewwww Yucky mentality but then they played it.

Actual Review Quote

I actually think that my lowered hopes played a part in my first impressions of the game – although I was expecting a decent expansion, I found it difficult to envision it being something special – so by the time the loading screen finished and I entered the new town (appropriately titled “Starlight Shores”), my view changed quite drastically. Looking around the town once I’d created my family, I found myself taking to it more and more every second I played – there wasn’t one community building in the neighbourhood which didn’t have a beautiful design. The whole combination of an urban and rural area worked nicely too, offering something different whilst still delivering a well executed parody of California. And that was just the start......

Anyway

Now just a quick aerial map of Starlight Shores and .................................. :astonished: look at that beach people

R62CGLn.png

Lets look at a few pics of the town nobody likes :bawling:

RvPG6nJ.png

D1WSvyg.png

PS: Plus Kerry Kasmir lives there :love: that should be plenty of reason to move there and stalk her everyday from across the street in your finest creeper outfit (she lives at 79 Oceanview Drive) make her love you through persistence and eventually have her babies

Not that I know or anything *Gulp* just a suggestion

:lol:
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Twinbrook
    I actually quite like SS, but I don't like the show venues and proprietor's and stuff. They sometimes get stuck or lag on the odd occasion I've tried to start a save in SS, so I've given up.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2019
    Starlight Shores
    Pary wrote: »
    I actually quite like SS, but I don't like the show venues and proprietor's and stuff. They sometimes get stuck or lag on the odd occasion I've tried to start a save in SS, so I've given up.

SS :love: It is great and really a good base to empty as you see fit and add your own touch.Never got around to it but wanted to add cool stuff or a pier/ boardwalk to the beach.Just get rid of the show aspects turn it into a tourist town :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Sunset Valley
    @CravenLestat I really like SS too! It is a great little town. I voted for SV because, as @Mikezumi put it so eloquently, it's 'like home.' :blush:
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    Of the options chosen, Twinbrook has to edge into my favorite. It has so many different flavors to it! Industrial, beach, bayou, city, farm country - not to mention it has pretty scenery <3

All of the rest are ok, but Sunset Valley would have to be my least favorite. It’s pretty, don’t get me wrong, but I played it for so long that I grew heartily tired of it and haven’t played it for years and years. I enjoy seeing other’s pics of it though :)

@Amphora Twinbrook has never been my absolute favourite (I'm not a fan of the swampy areas) but I do love the town centre and the aesthetics of the homes built there. As for Sunset Valley, because it's the town from the base game, I think that simmers either grow to love it or hate it- I love it. You can always give it a new lease of life by adding new lots and sims :)
    I like Sunset Valley, but the lack of flat areas to put more plots of land on irritates me a bit. I chose Appaloosa Plains because it's pretty. One problem. It puts the Festival Grounds over where the Lexington Mansion should be.

@Steamvarius I would love Sunset Valley to be slightly bigger so we could add new plots of land for the community lots that weren't in the base game. I've not played Appaloosa Plains much because I don't have pets enabled on my game right now due to several issues my computer seems to have with it.
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Despite it being quite hard to edit in many new lots, I adore Bridgeport. It's just a nice change when most of the other worlds aren't very metropolitan. On top of that, I really enjoy the bars that the Late Night expansion introduced, but I also happen to hate editing every nightlife spot in the other worlds to place the professional bar. :lol: The self serving bar is the bane of my existence. :lol:

@Emily4331 Bridgeport is a nice change after all the other suburban worlds in the game. I also love the section of the map which is almost exclusively made up of celebrities and their homes. Adding the professional bars to community lots in other worlds is a pain. I wish it automatically replaced the default bars with the professional ones to save us the trouble of having to add them ourselves.
    telmarina wrote: »
    I don't play sims 3 for about 5 years from now, but only reading Isla Paraiso made me smile. It was awesome, with the boat houses and so much to do. But I do recall it to be very buggy...

@telmarina Ahhh Isla Paradiso is a beautiful world. The hidden islands are so fun to unlock and I love the 'tropical paradise' feel. It is unfortunately buggy. I do believe you can download a 'fixed' version of the world that a fellow simmer made which is a replica of the world but with fixed routing issues.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    My favourite EP worlds are also the most borked ones unfortunately. Though in Bridgeport's case NRaas solved that entirely. In IP's case unfortunately not completely, but at least it's playable with the occasional stutter and a required resetsim *. Appaloosa Plains I love as well but I haven't really played there yet (for a longer time I mean).

IP I love because there's so much to do that's unique to that world and for different reasons the same goes for Bridgeport.

@JoAnne65 Touch wood, Bridgeport has never given me too many issues, the subway stations are somewhat annoying, but it is mainly the high rise buildings that glitch and create issues for me. Unfortunately I can't play IP anymore due to the issues with it.
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    FabBunny wrote: »

Depends on the type of household I'm playing. I love Moonlight Falls though! <3

@HillyBeth Honestly I've no really played too much moonlight falls, maybe I'll give it a go sometime.
    Of the EP worlds, I guess Appaloosa Plains is probably my favorite, mostly because it is so horse-friendly. Lots of fun off-road riding trails to explore and all the community lots have the tethering posts.

My favorite is actually Hidden Springs, though. Followed closely by Sunlit Tides and Dragon Valley. I just love the atmosphere in each of them.

@KaytayRoall I've not played much Appaloosa Plains but the autumnal vibe looks pretty. I don't own Hidden Springs or Dragon Valley but they both do look like interesting worlds. I agree about the fog and darkness in Moonlight Falls. I think it is part of the aesthetic, though, being included with the supernatural ep.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Sunset Valley is like home to me. I know every inch of the town and never feel lost or confused when looking for a particular venue or house. Since my focus has always been on sims and their genetics I don't much care for the surroundings or house styles, so being in a familiar place makes things easier for me.

I guess the fact that I have been very slow in adding new EPs to my game (I still have 4 that I own but haven't installed) means I haven't had time to familiarize myself with the newer towns.

@Mikezumi This is how I feel about Sunset Valley, I know where every sim lives and where every spawner is after playing for eight years.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I mean I like them all, but Bridgeport is special to me.

@Sigzy05 Bridgeport is a nice world. :)
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Apparently I'm just a much bigger fan of the store worlds and just never really thought about it. The EP ones are nice sure, but just kept going "nah... nah... nah" nice but not a favourite.This choice didn't make me have a nervous breakdown like it does when store worlds are included lol.

I do really love Isla Paradiso, though, definitely my favourite of the EP worlds. Pretty, tropical, colourful, and you can go below the surface of the ocean and it's like a whole other world!

@dreamerz13 Isla Paradiso is a gorgeous world. Unfortunately I can't play it much due to the lag and several routing issues.
    jillbg wrote: »
    Twinbrook will always be special to me because it was the first world I played in for a long span of time. I especially love the Bayou area, that made me totally fall in love with the world and made me want to create my own. Then the people have nice backgrounds and interesting faces. I have adopted Juan Darer to my world and story as the husband of one of my main characters, Missy. I have also used Chase Bayless and an upaged to teen Thomas Castor as teen deliquents in some chapters... So Twinbrook is a winner on all fronts! :D

@jillbg Twinbrook seems like a really good town for storytelling as it has so many different layers.
    Definitely Twinbrook ... It's really atmospheric, and like @Amphora says, it has a little of everything. I love its industrial vibe combined with its architecture.

@Pary It's architecture is one of my favourite parts. It's beautiful!
    I am going to be "That guy" yes when voting was and currently still the only person to click Starlight Shores.

Thought I would paste a bit of an old simmers review of the game but in bold highlight something.This reviewer coming out the gate before playing already had it set in their mind with the Ewwww Yucky mentality but then they played it.

Actual Review Quote

I actually think that my lowered hopes played a part in my first impressions of the game – although I was expecting a decent expansion, I found it difficult to envision it being something special – so by the time the loading screen finished and I entered the new town (appropriately titled “Starlight Shores”), my view changed quite drastically. Looking around the town once I’d created my family, I found myself taking to it more and more every second I played – there wasn’t one community building in the neighbourhood which didn’t have a beautiful design. The whole combination of an urban and rural area worked nicely too, offering something different whilst still delivering a well executed parody of California. And that was just the start......

Anyway

Now just a quick aerial map of Starlight Shores and .................................. :astonished: look at that beach people

R62CGLn.png

Lets look at a few pics of the town nobody likes :bawling:

RvPG6nJ.png

D1WSvyg.png

PS: Plus Kerry Kasmir lives there :love: that should be plenty of reason to move there and stalk her everyday from across the street in your finest creeper outfit (she lives at 79 Oceanview Drive) make her love you through persistence and eventually have her babies

Not that I know or anything *Gulp* just a suggestion

:lol:

@CravenLestat Starlight Shores is definitely an underrated town. I'm British so the 'California parody' is lost on me but it has some beautiful scenery (and some lovely sims, too :wink: )

@Pary I only really use Starlight Shores for 'showtime' sims. Now I'm thinking about using it for sims even if they aren't gonna be singers, acrobats or magicians. I might just remove the irrelevant lots and replace them with different ones.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @CravenLestat I really like SS too! It is a great little town. I voted for SV because, as @Mikezumi put it so eloquently, it's 'like home.' :blush:

@ZeeGee Sunset Valley is that loyal old friend that I always seem to return to... :smile:
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    My favorite would be bridport. I just love the city atmosphere and the nightlife. The apartments too. My next are appaloosa, moonlight, starlight and Islam paradiso.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sunset Valley
    I voted for Sunset Valley because it has multiple lots that give the beautiful vista moodlet. Almost voted for Twinbrook.

I like most of these worlds mainly because I have no problem removing venues. clubs, hangouts, firestations, or any other lot I don't plan on using. Also I will customize the remaining lots to get what I want, using combo structures and freeing up some lots to add missing community lots.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    I voted for Moonlight Falls as I love the houses and architecture they used in the town and it is such a pretty world. I love the glow in the town. Lots of lovely empty lots in it to add venues or houses of your own too. I started with SV and to me it was just a town, nothing special. Kinda reminded me of my home town which I was totally thrilled to leave! :lol: My second EP that hubby got me was Supernatural and I think I played all the rest of my saves in Moonlight Falls even though I was buying other EP's and adding store world to my game as well. I did finally play in each world.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    you Forgot Riverview
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Bridgeport
    Emily4331 wrote: »

Off topic, but if you're not opposed to mods, there is a mod that turns the juice bars into professional bars. I hate switching out all of the bars too so this makes it super easy to get bartenders on those lots. And the best part is you can turn the mod on or off in the game, if you just want to go back to making regular drinks. It's here if interested.

But yeah, Bridgeport is my favorite for pretty much the same reasons. Love how many different places there are to go out at night and I love the sims there.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Sunset Valley
    @xitneverendss Thanks for the info and link for the juice bar mod! I can see how it would be very useful! :)