Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Virtual Reality

Comments

• MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    A VR in the sims would be amazing but think about all the fans that would not be able to afford such technology. I have a VR headset but it's not something i'd want to experience the sims with.
    Making a sims game for VR would not only make fans mad, but they'd most likely lose on profit. That's just me gathering from the comment section of this topic.

Otherwise, allowing us to use our WASD keys to walk would be awesome! that would gather a lot of profits.
    Most of those comments are from people that don't care for VR, I for one love VR and I want a VR version of the sims, some fans are fine with sims VR, some are not.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • BeccaDecca23BeccaDecca23 Posts: 6 New Member
    I’d enjoy it but it might be hard for people who don’t have the money for VR
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't think anyone should embark on watching VR for the first time without somebody nearby to help you if you feel dizzy. EA would have to give warnings, like their epilepsy one, they already give before you even start watching. That problem has to be sorted out with the VR manufacturers first so it might be some time to arrive.

That’s not a manufacturing problem at all. What you are describing is motion sickness and it’s not something you can cure with a modified piece of hardware. The body’s natural response to motion sickness is closing your eyes, or averting your eyes away from what’s moving. Makes a VR headset kind of really pointless. If any manufacturer is trying to sell a headset that’s supposedly immune to motion sickness don’t take their word for it. They aren’t qualified to make that statement, they just want to sell you expensive plastic goggles.

No, but you can definitely improve motion sickness... A lot if it is because your computer might not be able to run the FPS high enough, if the image lags it makes you sick.

That being said, it's also something most people build tolerance to over time. I got dizzy when I first played mine and now I get no side effects even with "intense turning" on.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    An entire game of sims in VR would be a hard pass by the way, but exploring the gallery and people's builds in vr would be wonderful <3.

So playing...no.. house tours sure.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • CrayonlessCrayonless Posts: 20 Member
    Thing is... A lot of the point of the Sims is to 'play God' and manipulate whole families and many Sims at a time, not just live someone else's life. And how would you get house building/decorating into that? I can just imagine it being really frustrating. But who knows!
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    im thinking motion sickness, ill pass
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think that I might find myself in ER trying to play Sims.....in VR.

My flat/apartment space isn't big enough for a start and this article shows what space you need to play the various sets. It'll only be feasable in those spacey US rooms and not for us (unless wealthy) in the UK and Asia!

Depending on which headset you're getting, there are a few things you should do to prepare yourself. VR really can be immersive enough to make trick your brain into believing what it's seeing, which is awesome for games but not so awesome for lamps you could knock over, soda cans you could spill, or shins you could bash on coffee tables. It's a dangerous world out there, so you'll want to do a little prep work before you dive into VR.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-prepare-your-pc-and-room-for-vr/
    edited May 2019
    Crayonless wrote: »
    Thing is... A lot of the point of the Sims is to 'play God' and manipulate whole families and many Sims at a time, not just live someone else's life. And how would you get house building/decorating into that? I can just imagine it being really frustrating. But who knows!

It's called switching between first person to 3rd person mode, you thought it would only be in first person? nope! you can still play this in 3rd person just like in original sims, but it will be in VR. So.. thats why people are saying no, it's because they assume it will be 100% first person? No it will have both first and 3rd person, first person is optional just like how it is atm, I hope this clears things up.

Simburian wrote: »
    Depending on which headset you're getting, there are a few things you should do to prepare yourself. VR really can be immersive enough to make trick your brain into believing what it's seeing, which is awesome for games but not so awesome for lamps you could knock over, soda cans you could spill, or shins you could bash on coffee tables. It's a dangerous world out there, so you'll want to do a little prep work before you dive into VR.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-prepare-your-pc-and-room-for-vr/

You do realize you don't need to stand up when using VR, I lay/sit on my bed when I VR, ALSO you do not need to rely on move controls, I use my PS4 Duel shock controller when I play skyrim VR. lol

I prefer not to stand up when playing in VR, very bad idea. XD

If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    VR would be really cool if it was both functional and optional.

i have the same issue as most people with feeling dizzy and motion sick if i play VR for too long. so, based on that and the majority of responses to this discussion, i would say making VR would be just fine as long as it's optional.

i do love the idea of VR in the sims, though. it sounds fun to me, because it would be cool to "spend time in" some of my sims' amazing houses/yards/builds.
    still using fabric softener
  • LoliGilLoliGil Posts: 30 Member
    VR Sims would basically be real life. I think having first person view fixed so it's more like real looking around would be nice, but that's as far as I would go with the VR experience.
    I have 99 problems and spiral stairs would solve at least 13
    Origin ID: Emilissa
  • octavion4444octavion4444 Posts: 28 Member
    VR is Good i Think its cool, but its too expensive for some people like me. maybe later
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Mmm maybe not for sims
    giphy.gif

• ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Then somebody else is going to need to come along and make a VR experience for a sim-like (simulated life) gameplay.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t think I would want to play a VR version. Would that work better on console anyway? I like the keyboard and mouse controls vs a gaming remote. I keep notes on my desk to keep track of the families I play. It would be so different to play, I just don’t know.
    I suppose one benefit would be that I don’t have to deal with my cat jumping on the desk and walking all over the keyboard.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    What next the sims can impregant us/we can turn into their husband (aka Pendragon or Zeus)- and impregant them and they have half-real, half-sim children will they turn into Hercules, or Percy half-heroes?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2019
    VR to me is just the first-person view but using an expensive gadget to look at it. I don't really mind if they have it as an option though, but if they're going to do that, they might as well throw in the first person perspective to be viewed on the regular computer monitor. I'm not going to buy VR goggles just for that (they're unnecessary and a ridiculously expensive way to view first person perspective). For me, it would just be a novelty. After it wears off, I most likely will never use the option again or maybe just rarely.

First person view kind of makes me feel claustrophobic anyway. Even now, when I play a first person shooter, if there's an option or mod for third person view, that's what I always use.

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
    edited June 2019
    VR to me is just the first-person view but using an expensive gadget to look at it. I don't really mind if they have it as an option though, but if they're going to do that, they might as well throw in the first person perspective to be viewed on the regular computer monitor. I'm not going to buy VR goggles just for that (they're unnecessary and a ridiculously expensive way to view first person perspective). For me, it would just be a novelty. After it wears off, I most likely will never use the option again or maybe just rarely.

First person view kind of makes me fell claustrophobic anyway. Even know, when I play a first person shooter, if there's an option or mod for third person view, that's what I always use.

It's going to have first and third person view... lol
    I'll be playing in both.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    It’s sad really how every time some new tech comes out everything in that sector of the market needs it just look at moves when 3D was new every Move needed it I understand Star Trek and Harry Potter beingvin 3D but why did you need the Glee move in 3D(never seen it don’t plan too)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No. My room is too small to move around. I couldn't play.I can't be bothering other people in the house when I play and move around.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Emeelia982Emeelia982 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to be able to walk around in the houses I built. Maybe even design rooms by pushing walls around. I wouldn’t want to be a Sim myself, but to be able to move around in the world in a God-type mode and walk up to a character and choose their next activity with a pop-up menu would be fun to me.
  • ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    > @Corenren said:
    > OMG how cool would it be if the sims was a virtual reality game. You put on your headset and become a sim. You walk around and physically interact with the sims world through a sims eyes. Just imagine it being like the first person camera mode in sims 4, but you actually have a virtual reality helmet and gloves and whatnot instead of a mouse and keyboard.
    >
    > I think this could be a revolutionary idea. I'm not too sure how they would work build mode into this. But it would be something I would play for sure.
    >
    > What do you think?

I personally wouldn't even attempt playing VR Sims. I like to be able to keep an eye on things in my house with my kids and VR would make that hard to do, also, when I play I usually play for hours and VR for hours just isnt realistic to be wearing the heavy gear and it would be far too complicated to control the game play and building.
    edited June 2019
    ummm... when I said 3rd person view I meant the view that the sims games have atm, but I guess that is not 3rd person view, I misunderstood something, oops... D:

So what I said regarding sims VR is it will have first person view and the current view that the original sims games have, I hope this clears things up. :o
    *feels dumb man*
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    No thank you
    I don't need to personally drown in pools
    I much prefer playing god to these flimsy lil sims

(also get motion sickness from first person camera even without VR so)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    With VR gaining ground recently, I'd say I'm all for it. But I'll go further and propose that VR mode be enabled for TS4! Like how they did No Man's Sky and also Tetris Effect.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    I agree. :D