Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Virtual Reality

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm surprised at all the "no"s.

I'm definitely excited for this, and it seems inevitable. I think it's exactly why they introduced first person camera. And the more realistic/beautiful/immersive, the better. Could only be better with a full body suit to completely immerse you in the experiences.
    First person camera was a "passion project" done by a Guru with little help from the team.

I have no desire to see VR Sims or play a first person game ever if they forced it on Sims that's when I would be done.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Imagine trying to kiss another sim or even woohoo in VR..... bit creepy lmao
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    No thanks. A little bit too realistic for me.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would love it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Oh boy! I can't wait to not being able to go to work because there's a chair in my way or be locked in a tiny 4x4 room until I starve or wet myself to death!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Oh boy! I can't wait to not being able to go to work because there's a chair in my way or be locked in a tiny 4x4 room until I starve or wet myself to death!

What about it Sims5 allows you to move objects in game? It might happen. :D
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at all the "no"s.

I'm definitely excited for this, and it seems inevitable. I think it's exactly why they introduced first person camera. And the more realistic/beautiful/immersive, the better. Could only be better with a full body suit to completely immerse you in the experiences.
    First person camera was a "passion project" done by a Guru with little help from the team.

I have no desire to see VR Sims or play a first person game ever if they forced it on Sims that's when I would be done.
    Why would the devs force you to play first person/VR? first person would be optional like how it is in sims 4, VR would be a separate version of the sims game, there would be the normal game and there would be the VR version, I dunno why you'd think they would force you to play it that way...
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I like VR but not for the Sims. Also it's a little cost prohibitive. Not only do you need the VR hardware that can run you 400+ but you also need a computer than can handle it. There are enough people upset about Sims dropping 32 Bit to convince me that Sims 5 really isn't the time to put so much resource/money into VR. It's just not really their market yet. Maybe Sims 6?
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    So far cheap VR is only available for mobile games, because it relies on the user having a phone that becomes the optical piece. One thing is for certain - if you had trouble with first-person view in Sims 4 without VR, you will probably have even more trouble with Sims 5 VR if it includes that capability. VR technology is really not fully mature yet - in many ways it is still in early development, much as the internet was in the early 1990's (back then, no web pages had video on them, and people still used text only browsers like Lynx). Standards still need to be developed for VR to make the experience more uniform, and yet customizable for different people's needs. Adaptations for people with visual disabilities are even further off: right now the closest thing they have are inserts for prescription glasses. I would be surprised if it was adopted as a standard option in all games much sooner than 2025 or 2030.

The other factor is that game companies are realizing people want to play the same game on different types of devices. The problem with this is not just different operating systems, but also the memory storage capacity of different devices. A game that plays on a hard drive with 64 GB and a device with 2 GB RAM is going to run very differently than a game that plays on a hard drive with 2 TB and a 64-bit device with 16 or 32 GB RAM, unless it assumes it is the only game on the first device, or is entirely run and stored in the cloud. And almost nobody wants just one game on their device.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Akil wrote: »
    I like VR but not for the Sims. Also it's a little cost prohibitive. Not only do you need the VR hardware that can run you 400+ but you also need a computer than can handle it. There are enough people upset about Sims dropping 32 Bit to convince me that Sims 5 really isn't the time to put so much resource/money into VR. It's just not really their market yet. Maybe Sims 6?

PSVR can handle sims if it were to go into VR, if it can handle skyrim then it will be fine, that's for those that can't afford a expensive computer that is. lol

Edit: oh! don't forget about the oculus quest, as far as I know of; you do not need a PC in order to use it.
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    No, non, nyet, nein, lo, ou, ouk, ouxi… when Titanic steams into Boston harbor under her own steam. Such an offering would be limited to the few that can afford to blow $200 or more on VR gear. Since EA is proven to be grubber for every penny it can extract from us, this would not be in their playbook.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'd rather play "The Sims 5" on a computer or a laptop. NOT virtual reality headsets. I can't afford virtual reality headsets. I agree with FurSimsOfficial, mika and on this issue.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    No way.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2019
    I wouldn't be surprised that if a VR version did come out eventually EA would bundle it with a branded EA Sims VR set to go with it.
  • Options
    ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    It could be an either/or... it doesn't have to be mandatory that you do VR...
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Options
    I dunno why some people think maxis will FORCE people to play sims VR edition, it's just another version of the sims but for the VR community...
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I dunno why some people think maxis will FORCE people to play sims VR edition, it's just another version of the sims but for the VR community...

Because people are plum.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Lol you mean VR Chat? No thanks.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    AR is what they were talking about for Sims games not VR. Thank goodness. Can't stand VR.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I would not like that myself
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No...
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited May 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    AR is what they were talking about for Sims games not VR. Thank goodness. Can't stand VR.

That's so much worse. I have no idea how AR could even work with the Sims or what it has to do with it at all.

• Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I don't care much for VR and prefer to control the sims and their world akin to a god with top down camera in a virtual dollhouse.

What TS5 really needs is an optimized open world with all the content from 3 and more.

A feature I would like, however, is optional multiplayer where you can invite other player sims to your worlds and such or visit them. I'm not sure why this has yet to be implemented.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    jooxis wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That's so much worse. I have no idea how AR could even work with the Sims or what it has to do with it at all.

AR puts real world stuff like real maps or real places into the game to play - has more to do with Sims than VR - if you ask me. They added some AR to Freeplay recently to show how it'd work and even gave a tour to the Sims Maxis studios in AR last year as that is what they were trying for the Sims - not VR. Oh an that worked without buying expensive headsets or making people ill like VR does or affecting your brain cortex negatively like VR can. (I admit though it was not fun especially, it was like watching real things and real people through fish eye camera.)

Of course personally Both VR and AR are not really Sims like play if you ask me and VR is dangerous for people who have certain medical issues as it deals with the part of the brain that makes it dangerous. It is not true motion sickness but direct feed to the part of the brain to emulate emotion sickness - and not safe for many people - so why would you want this to start with? Of the two AR does the least harm but personally we should not be wanting this kind of play in a game made for young and old alike because a few people think it is cool. It's not cool really look into it and VR is very dangerous especially.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    A VR in the sims would be amazing but think about all the fans that would not be able to afford such technology. I have a VR headset but it's not something i'd want to experience the sims with.
    Making a sims game for VR would not only make fans mad, but they'd most likely lose on profit. That's just me gathering from the comment section of this topic.

Otherwise, allowing us to use our WASD keys to walk would be awesome! that would gather a lot of profits.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge