Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Virtual Reality

Comments

• AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    I think this would absolutely terrify me. Especially with the cartoonish look of the sims... no thank you.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no i went the sims5 to remain an offline game and vr for sims5 is a big no also in my book
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    I wouldn't be interested in VR at all.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    No Thanks, I'll pass on this one. Don't want VR for the sims.
    justlurking.gif
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I have seizures and VR really messes my head, so no thanks.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It'll come sooner or later but probably too early for Sims games, just see what EA thinks of the future of gaming https://www.ea.com/seed

and some of the jobs that they were offering for it... eg Virtual humans........ a bit creepy it seems to me. (I remember one of the Sims Gurus went over to work for EA's VR as I followed him at the time).
    https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/06/the-vr-job-hub-eas-seed-oculus-climax-studios-and-dyson/

Some VR headsets are now claiming not to make you dizzy but I think I will pass on that. My PC video card (NV..1060) can make use of it though.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Harrd pass.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    At least with the games I've played in VR, the tech isn't quite "there" yet so I can't see it really elevating the experience for me. If we get it, awesome, but I'd be fine without it.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    YAAS! Life sucks sometimes and this sounds like a great escape to me! I think this is such a great idea, honestly.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Give us a proper sims game without gimmicks first please
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Not a fan of VR.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No thanks
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    YAAS! Life plum sometimes and this sounds like a great escape to me! I think this is such a great idea, honestly.
    Huh, I thought I could use that word since it’s not profanity. I guess not.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    The only way I could see this would be any fun would be online with other people. I play rotationally, and I don’t particularly want to live through my sims lives, lol, so unless it was optional and we could still play rotationally a game like this wouldn’t interest me.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    I'm surprised at all the "no"s.

I'm definitely excited for this, and it seems inevitable. I think it's exactly why they introduced first person camera. And the more realistic/beautiful/immersive, the better. Could only be better with a full body suit to completely immerse you in the experiences.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    YAAS! Life plum sometimes and this sounds like a great escape to me! I think this is such a great idea, honestly.
    Huh, I thought I could use that word since it’s not profanity. I guess not.

It's funny innit :D the actor who played Bert in Mary Poppins is Plum Van Plum round here

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't think anyone should embark on watching VR for the first time without somebody nearby to help you if you feel dizzy. EA would have to give warnings, like their epilepsy one, they already give before you even start watching. That problem has to be sorted out with the VR manufacturers first so it might be some time to arrive.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't think anyone should embark on watching VR for the first time without somebody nearby to help you if you feel dizzy. EA would have to give warnings, like their epilepsy one, they already give before you even start watching. That problem has to be sorted out with the VR manufacturers first so it might be some time to arrive.

That’s not a manufacturing problem at all. What you are describing is motion sickness and it’s not something you can cure with a modified piece of hardware. The body’s natural response to motion sickness is closing your eyes, or averting your eyes away from what’s moving. Makes a VR headset kind of really pointless. If any manufacturer is trying to sell a headset that’s supposedly immune to motion sickness don’t take their word for it. They aren’t qualified to make that statement, they just want to sell you expensive plastic goggles.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2019
    A lot of Simmers mostly use the sims for pictures.

Like, I very rarely actually "play" the sims. For instance, in the Sims 3 I just posed my sims in different scenes and recreated the entire Life is Strange game scene-for-scene. Because I'm weird.

Here's an example:
    From Life is Strange:
    4_life_is_strange.jpg

From my Sims 3 game:
    F7QrCA3.jpg?1

And I did that for the entire game.

But I can't do that if everything is first-person. Not only would it be really difficult to pose the sims, but I'd have to create some random camera-man-sim to be my eyes while I try to position them to look at the scene for the screenshot.

So it's a no from me.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would play Sims in VR. I think it would be cool and I do think that it will be an option some day. I don't believe VR will be ready for Sims 5 as it is to me still in it's early development and a significant amount of players have yet to play or convert to VR. I think when there's more VR players then Sims will look into it.

I myself haven't played VR yet but I do look forward to it when I can afford to.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited May 2019
    My so many people dislike VR in the forums.

I'd buy a VR version of the sims, It'd be made for people that like VR, I like VR, I'd buy it.
    Also it is possible to adapt to motion sickness, I own skyrim VR and was able to adapt, just keep trying it and take breaks. I think Maxis will produce a VR sims game eventually, they do have an interest in the idea. :)

As for the VR community, it is getting bigger, VR may have gotten a rough start but it's improving overtime, so yea; there is a possibility for it to happen.

As for VR prices, they are now 400$ - 500$, they use to be between 700$ - 1000$ back in the old days. :P
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @LordGalious I have health issues, so that is why I can't play with VR. Not something I wanted to say earlier, but it could be some others are the same way.

If I could play it, I probably would :*
    edited May 2019
    @LordGalious I have health issues, so that is why I can't play with VR. Not something I wanted to say earlier, but it could be some others are the same way.

If I could play it, I probably would :*

Ok that is understandable, I'm glad you gave your reason.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

That’s not a manufacturing problem at all. What you are describing is motion sickness and it’s not something you can cure with a modified piece of hardware. The body’s natural response to motion sickness is closing your eyes, or averting your eyes away from what’s moving. Makes a VR headset kind of really pointless. If any manufacturer is trying to sell a headset that’s supposedly immune to motion sickness don’t take their word for it. They aren’t qualified to make that statement, they just want to sell you expensive plastic goggles.

They can't make you immune to motion sickness, but there are things they can do, like improve the refresh rate to help prevent it. The game developers also would have to tweak movement to lessen the effects as much as possible. The only real immunity to motion sickness in VR is to keep using it until your body adjusts.
    edited May 2019
    In skyrim VR they give you a option to tweak the movement, me; I just disable the tweaks so I can have FULL head tracking which can cause motion sickness but I adapted and now playing skyrim VR like a BOSS!

I assume Maxis could apply a similar feature for Sims 4 and 5 VR edition, I'm still gonna disable the tweaks since I love full immersion. :)