Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can not get cheats to work

I can not get enablelotlocking to work

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    This isn't a cheat I've ever used, but I found this on modthesims:
    I Figured it Out!

The above steps are correct. You don't need buydebug however. Before you enter Enablelotlocking true/on, click the lot you want to change. There should be a faded lock on the right side of the lot information box. After you enter the code the lock should go from faded to deep/dark bluish color. Click the lock so it appears to open. This will let you change the lot. REMEMBER the key is to click the lot you want to change before you enter the code. At least that is how I got it to finally work.

From this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/444222
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • leosimsbrleosimsbr Posts: 31 Member
    Have you activated testingcheadsenabled before try to use this one?
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    yes nothing working
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    got it working had to repair the game
  • leosimsbrleosimsbr Posts: 31 Member
    Sweet! =)
  • felicialynettefelicialynette Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello mi trying to play sims without it shutting off when it gets to the loading screen. i have mods folder with the "NoBuildSparkles.package" and "nointro.package." in the packages folder with a "mods" folder to organize my mods in it and every time i go into the game it would shut off. i took the whole entire mods folder out and tried it and it opened the game as it should. mind you, i checked my mods and they are NOT corrupted. I followed all instructions on installing the mods and all. can you please help me fix this issue because i need nraas in my game when i play.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @felicialynette - After having added your mods in, have you cleared (deleted) the five top level cache files on the TS3 user game folder? For script mods being added, the crucial one is called scriptCache.package. It may show up as just scriptCache if you have extensions set to not show, but it's the same file.

If that doesn't help, try pulling your entire TS3 user game folder in Documents out to the Desktop (or renaming it). The game will spawn a new one on its next startup, back out, set up the Framework again and with just the two sample mods as you had. There will be no other added content, no installed worlds, store stuff, CC, or prior saves, but those will all be safe back in the pulled out game folder. Do the mods Framework and the two sample mods function correctly on the new game folder?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    > @igazor said:
    > @felicialynette - After having added your mods in, have you cleared (deleted) the five top level cache files on the TS3 user game folder? For script mods being added, the crucial one is called scriptCache.package. It may show up as just scriptCache if you have extensions set to not show, but it's the same file.
    >
    > If that doesn't help, try pulling your entire TS3 user game folder in Documents out to the Desktop (or renaming it). The game will spawn a new one on its next startup, back out, set up the Framework again and with just the two sample mods as you had. There will be no other added content, no installed worlds, store stuff, CC, or prior saves, but those will all be safe back in the pulled out game folder. Do the mods Framework and the two sample mods function correctly on the new game folder?

so i tried taking out the sims 3 user folder to the desktop and opened sims and it created a new documents folder . i put the framework mod package and put my mods in that folder. i opened the game again and it still wont work .
    @felicialynette - What kind of install is this -- is the installation source Origin, Steam, retail store disc, some other source (which one)? What patch level is your game at?

Also, I specifically said to try the clean folder test with only the two testing mods in it, I did not mean add all of your mods back in. We are trying to isolate the issue by removing as many variables as possible to get the game started with the mods folder in place. Does the game start with only the two testing mods in place and are the two mods recognized?

You did mention NRaas mods though. Can you get the game loaded with NRaas mods only to begin with and nothing else in Mods\Packages? By any chance are you trying to load the MasterController Progression add-on module without both the MasterController base mod and the StoryProgression base mod in place? The game will crash on startup every time if both base mods are not present while that add-on is there. Another bad combo that will do this is if you have the NRaas Cupcake mod but do not have the EA Store Bakery Set or if it is failing to load.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor the installation is from origin. i dont think i put the right combination of the nraas mods in so i'm going to check and see if i downloaded all three together.
  • matej1551matej1551 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello. I've one problem.

Why, when I create a sim and put it into play, has any part of his life gone?
    Why my Sims im my town have any part of their lifes gone nevertheless I installed the game and I play a new game?
    When I create a young adult and put him into play, he has, for example, half the life he has spent.

Any solutions?
  • peculiarpotatopeculiarpotato Posts: 7 New Member
    That is a standard setting for whatever reason.
    Without cheats you can reduce age by eating a life fruit (found by planting ‘unknown special’ seeds) or, with supernatural, there is a potion of youth or something along those lines.
    You can also make ambrosia (that food that brings ghosts back to life) and feed it to your sim, and their age will reset to the beginning of the stage.
    With cheats you can do testingcheatsenabled true, shift-click on the sim, and select “edit in cas”. There select any other age and then return it to the age stage they were at by clicking it again. I’ve head this sometimes can reset an age stage.
    I have also heard that getting a tattoo can glitch and make your sim younger, but I’ve never experienced that.
    Chances are there’s probably a mod out there somewhere that can change age too.
    Or, if none of that works, I guess just set your life span as long as possible so losing the few days doesn’t have as much of an impact.
    edited May 2019
    Chances are there’s probably a mod out there somewhere that can change age too.
    NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats add-on module required) can take care of that in a couple of clicks, as can Buzzler's Aging Manager mod from MTS though Buzzler's is not really designed to be used together with NRaas StoryProgression.

To be fair, one of the reasons EA arranged things this way is so that if you create a whole bunch of sims and place them into a game at the same time, then all of the sims in that age group in town won't need to have the exact same birthday going forward. Why the game further randomizes sims' ages within their current stage whenever they are brought into CAS, the tattoo, or stylist makeover interfaces would be anyone's guess, but Master Controller with its MC Integration add-on module stops that from happening as well.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!