Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairies: Yay or Nay?

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    Thank you!
    Your pics are always amazing as well. Love that unicorn picture with the fairy! I set loose back into the wild the one unicorn I had because he always got stuck on random decks and would set fires all the time. :D

I love breeding them. They are awesome racers. You can breed them friendlier over time, unicorn's blessing is great and it cures the mummy's curse. Their foals have a 50% chance to be a unicorn. Ouch about the getting stuck though, I hate routing issues. I've only had them light the occasional bush on fire when first befriending one.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Amphora wrote: »
    Thank you!
    Your pics are always amazing as well. Love that unicorn picture with the fairy! I set loose back into the wild the one unicorn I had because he always got stuck on random decks and would set fires all the time. :D

I love breeding them. They are awesome racers. You can breed them friendlier over time, unicorn's blessing is great and it cures the mummy's curse. Their foals have a 50% chance to be a unicorn. Ouch about the getting stuck though, I hate routing issues. I've only had them light the occasional bush on fire when first befriending one.
    It does :o ? I didn't know, love that. As I love that picture, the wings definitely contribute to the supernatural atmosphere there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Along with witches and genies, fairies are in my top three most played occults. So yay!

Optional wings for fairies would’ve been better overall, but I generally like them with their wings, even for the fairies I play as more elf-like. Despite being occasionally irritated by their wings clipping into other objects, I can mostly ignore that. It explains why limos sometimes fly anyway. :tongue:

flyinglimo_zpsgalzoshx.jpg

fairylimo_zpsm6li8djn.jpg

I’m another big fan of the SN EP who initially didn’t expect to like fairies very much or play them as often as I do. But I especially enjoy the gardening skill along with cooking, canning and nectar-making for a majority of my played households, and came to find their Bloom interaction quite valuable. The fairy repair skills and auras to improve performance are useful too, and the pranks they can pull are amusing. Plus, I love playing hybrids, and fairies mix very well with the other occult types. I eventually came to like fairies well enough that I began building up an empty world to turn into a fairy realm for my fairies and hybrids.

I play a wide range of fairy characters; from benevolent nature spirits like dryads and other nymphs, to angelic sky elves, to tricksy pixie pranksters and thieves, to more malicious fairies, changelings and dark elves.

Some past and present fairies and fairy-hybrids from my saves:

dancingbeneaththestars_zpsjn2vdavc.jpg

mummy_zpsavi8blbe.jpg

Gigglefluff_zpsbo8apaba.jpg

Atropa_zpsip2qwoqv.jpg

north_zps3e5kb3bh.jpg

hyperion_zps9eqaalpe.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Fairies have long been my favorite life state from Supernatural, with Witches and Werewolves as runners-up. Their auras are a huge boon to skill gain, and some of the pranks are satisfying. Fairy Repair is often handy. Bloom helps me keep my alchemy garden productive.

I also don't mind the wings - although I tend to default to the dragonfly style on my Sims, varying only the color. I do however avoid taking the reward "King/Queen of the Fae", as the satellite pixies and incessant chiming really does become intrusive. I made that choice once, on my original Fairy Sim, and have regretted it since. (And only just realized that NRaas Master Controller does, in fact, offer a fix, which I plan to apply next time I play him).
  • Options
    Those are wonderful pictures @starguru!
  • Options
    Those are wonderful pictures @starguru!

Aww, thank you! Your fairy and unicorn are lovely too. :heart:
  • Options
    TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yay! Love them, wings and all. Although I prefer the lighter colours. I have several households with only fairies in them. The flying could have been better, but I love their ability to turn into their small form (ever had a fairy play with a werewolf? It´s adorable!).
    I have to look into that hybrid making...

I love playing with witch-werewolf hybrids
    starguru wrote: »
    Along with witches and genies, fairies are in my top three most played occults. So yay!
    I play a wide range of fairy characters; from benevolent nature spirits like dryads and other nymphs, to angelic sky elves, to tricksy pixie pranksters and thieves, to more malicious fairies, changelings and dark elves.

Great pictures!

giphy.gif
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Awesome pics @starguru. I love the frozen one so much! And the last one. All beautiful though.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    NAY!!! I love the interactions but I just hate the wings... :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    I actually really like the fairy wings, though I always go for one particular style and vary the color. The thing I don't like about EA default fairies is their repeated fairy pranks lowering all their relationships. Having installed a mod to stop autonomous fairy pranks though, they're my favorite supernatural to play, perhaps just on general principle of that I love fairies.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Thanks, @TroyTalks! :smile: And if you like playing werewitches, you may also like to try a faewitch or a werefairy.

@dreamerz13 --Thank you! The female Sim in the ice palace pic is a faewitch, although her wings are a pale lavender and unfortunately impossible to see because of the brightness of the surrounding area and they also clip into her ice throne. At least her mummy-fae servant's wings are visible, lol.

Is your new avatar also a fairy? She definitely has that otherworldly beauty about her.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited May 2019

I generally love the wings and will pick any of them that seem to suit the fairy's traits.
    There is a mod out there that removes the wings. It removes from all fairy's though. here
    I used it in one of my stories when the fairy was hiding from the dastardly "Lestat" that kidnapped her, so she hid her wings.
    Buckley has several files so be sure of which you want. You can only use one of them.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Fairies or elves are the only occult that I MIGHT be interested in depending on how they are done. I would probably buy a fairy pack on its own, but not if it came with other occults
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I have never ever played a fairy but this thread makes me want to.

@starguru I absolutely love your pictures. These two are my favourite :smile:
    dancingbeneaththestars_zpsjn2vdavc.jpg
    mummy_zpsavi8blbe.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member

@dreamerz13 --Thank you! The female Sim in the ice palace pic is a faewitch, although her wings are a pale lavender and unfortunately impossible to see because of the brightness of the surrounding area and they also clip into her ice throne. At least her mummy-fae servant's wings are visible, lol.

Is your new avatar also a fairy? She definitely has that otherworldly beauty about her.

Yeah, that's what I don't like about the light wings is they're so hard to see.

She is. This thread really did make me want to make a fairy again (maybe a few). Photoshop may be the real magic here though lol (she's still a WIP in game, also the lighting was garbage and dull lol).
  • Options
    @coco -- Thanks! And I would encourage you to play a fairy. Not only are they fun and versatile, but I’ve seen some of your Sim pix. Any fairy you’d create is sure to be stunning! :heart:

Thank you, @StephSteb! :smile:

@dreamerz13 -- I try to pair light-winged fairies with darker backgrounds (and vice versa) for that reason, but that just wasn’t going to happen here, lol.

As for your WIP fairy avi -- Maybe she’s born with it; maybe it’s Photoshop! :lol: She is charming and magical regardless! :love:
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @starguru You are too kind :heart:
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @starguru Your fairies are amazing - I remember seeing some of them on another thread :) What bothers me are fairies that are dressed for a modern world with wings, and I guess that's why I love yours which seem to.come straight out of a fairytale :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Big yay! As I said in this thread, they are my favorite supernaturals and I play with them often. I think the dev team really did the whole mischief thing well and it seems to make just about any game more interesting. They're pretty much exactly what I was hoping for way back when Supernatural was first announced. I believe there are mods that remove the wings, but I think the wings are part of what makes them so cool. I love playing with different shapes and colors while I'm creating them and trying to match them to their personalities or style.

My favorite fairy sisters practicing their archery in Dragon Valley:
    Screenshot-58%202.jpg

Screenshot-59%202.jpg

I also went through and redid all of the DV townies so that they were different supernaturals. Guess they're serving free pollen punch at the pub tonight.
    Screenshot-7%2012.jpg
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited May 2019

tumblr_pqrxh2Mcvo1w2hmv0o1_640.jpg

I just have to say @Jessabeans that is the most GORGEOUS unicorn I've ever seen in game! :astonished:

Is that how he actually looks in your game or did you enhance the photo?

Anyway to the OP, I don't have Supernatural in my game, but this has been an insightful thread about fairies. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Yay. My first Sim that I posted on the forums was a fairy. I say was because I am now doing an origin story for her and she wasn't originally a fairy.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I loved the fairies! I just pretended that other sims couldn't see the fairy wings unless I let them or they were a supernatural as well. Would've been cool to hide them but it's no biggie.

The shrinking down was super cool, the fairy house, the train etc. I wish we could've designed the inside of the house but I'm sure there were a bunch of technical limitations for that.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    @emorrill No it's just an old screenshot, it looks like it's glowing from the bloom of the dragon valley sun lighting. I like to take wild unicorns into CAS to make them over after befriending them. I looked in my bin, I think this is the one from the picture.
  • Options
    jillbg wrote: »
    @starguru Your fairies are amazing - I remember seeing some of them on another thread :) What bothers me are fairies that are dressed for a modern world with wings, and I guess that's why I love yours which seem to.come straight out of a fairytale :)
    Thanks! :smile: I prefer high fantasy/fairytale fantasy to contemporary fantasy, so I do tend to clothe most of my fairies in a more traditional or historic way.

That said, I have a few fae that are dressed in more modern attire; like beach bum surfer fairies in board shorts and tank tops or urban fantasy biker fairies--some fairies wear (combat) boots! :lol: It just depends on the storyline and the setting I’m inspired by when I create them.