Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Closing of the Danish forum for Sims.

2...Next

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Short answer is bandwidth costs money. And they have to have someone who can read and write in the languages used.

It costs EA to keep archived sites up.

As to why Australia/New Zealand gets a spot here is because they also speak English. The moderators for this site can moderate their posts. They know without having to translate every post if something is off topic, flaming, or otherwise against the rules.

They may just not have someone willing/able to moderate that forum anymore which could have also contributed to the timing of the forum going read-only.

I wonder why TheSims3.com still exists .... also in Danish. Doesn't it cost anything to keep it open?
    Therefore, in my worst imagination, I had not imagined that a closed Danish Sims4 Forum could bother any person .... but there are obviously others who rule here :/

I know that one of our old Sims3 Forum moderator, several times tried to sign up as a moderator, but she never got an answer. EA apparently didn't want it.
    I just wonder who really controls the Forums and what their intentions are?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Short answer is bandwidth costs money. And they have to have someone who can read and write in the languages used.

It costs EA to keep archived sites up.

As to why Australia/New Zealand gets a spot here is because they also speak English. The moderators for this site can moderate their posts. They know without having to translate every post if something is off topic, flaming, or otherwise against the rules.

They may just not have someone willing/able to moderate that forum anymore which could have also contributed to the timing of the forum going read-only.

I wonder why TheSims3.com still exists .... also in Danish. Doesn't it cost anything to keep it open?
    Therefore, in my worst imagination, I had not imagined that a closed Danish Sims4 Forum could bother any person .... but there are obviously others who rule here :/

I know that one of our old Sims3 Forum moderator, several times tried to sign up as a moderator, but she never got an answer. EA apparently didn't want it.
    I just wonder who really controls the Forums and what their intentions are?

The Sims 3 site being tied to the Exchange for sharing Sims, lots, etc is probably why it's still up. That and the store.
    Yes. I Think that's what makes the difference. They can still make money from The Store :|
    edited May 2019
    @yeshoorao, @Simburian Thank you again for giving us the idea of searching old backups. It has been a great help. This is exactly where you discover the value of being in a Forum.
    I know @Simsister found some pictures that were very valuable to her.
    I have been able to get approx. 50% of the pages from my deleted stories. They may seem meaningless to the outsider, but I have spent many hours selecting pictures and writing, so for me it has great value. Fortunately, I still have a large image archive.
    I am now considering whether to reconstruct the stories on a blog.

I'm still very sad about the treatment we've got .... but big company, big plans .... I have to try to accept that in that context we have absolutely no value .... and a word is not a word you can trust. (That's why it really turns us off when someone tries to claim the opposite)
    Thank you for your help. I'm very grateful.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @MonaSolstraale I'm so glad I've been able to help a little. I wish you success in building a blog and finding more of your stories. I hope you still visit this forum. It all will close eventually I expect unless we use it.