Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*´¨`*•.¸.• The Social Club •.¸.•*´¨`* Part 1-38

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Simon should remember that work pays and girls like guys with paychecks! :lol:
    He mostly needs to remember to get to know a girl before getting so serious about her that he gets hurt.
    @bekkasan Well Simon would be paired regardless of being on the placement or not as the course pats an allowance but it would be a requirement for them. The next update would be tomorrow when I wake up :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Here's some random comments I've had floating around in my head as I fully catch up with your story. ;) I think I missed a couple of chapters in between... :neutral: Not sure how that happened...
    (If my comments sound heated, I don't mean it offensively, I can just get really attached to certain characters in a good story. ;) )

Earlier I meant to say that I can't BELIEVE Gary was wanting to build a gullotine...I mean, that's disturbing. :flushed:
    The Canteen? Is that what you guys call the Cafeteria over there? ;) I love it!
    "Woogin?" That's a new one! :lol: Lol!
    I don't like how Callum is just trying to find a way to get into Tammy's pants... :unamused: But maybe I'm wrong..... She's so sweet and innocent and I don't want to see her get hurt. :(
    Oh yup, he's a jerk. *sigh*
    I remember girls like Lakesha and her friends in my high school... :unamused:
    Yay that Lakesha got suspended! :star:

Ohhhh boy Stacy and Humara, if you two know what's good for you then stay away from Callum...
    Getting dumped by a text...classy Callum. :unamused::angry:
    Oh Humara...you are being a fool. :neutral:
    I'll insert @Palmarrow 's comment here as I agree! ;)
    I really don't think Humara should trust Callum!

Well what did you THINK would happen being in a relationship with this jerk Humara? I'm 100% sure he met some chick while he was getting drunk at a bar and slept with her. :angry:
    Sad that Humara had to learn the truth about Callum the hard way, but...all the signs were there, she just failed to recognize it. :( Now she's lost a dear friend... :cry:

My family needs me now, but yeah, as I've said before I like the drama in this story and can tell how much you are enjoying writing it. You write it very well. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill Thanks for the comments and feedback :smile: I will look forward to writing many more parts over the next few months :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2019
    9B

Simon still had mixed feelings about his work placement. It seemed that everyone who was assigned to Sue was getting placements straight away while those who were assigned to Regan did not.

61357248_10156328008571497_1269744159791513600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeF4JHrYPlztSqfrCvg3vUB8CQDU0q7oEeo-FYxDgDmKrsHW2N3NZvfmb6OLtreh9pebu7NnlM2I7sbYLC39AhenQLDRmVdRZzIUwVkFirKHYA&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=25b1a031e42e21c1f5a47c3b2f7fa9fe&oe=5D957B97

'So how did you manage to not get a placement then?' Simon asked Nick later that day.
    'No idea, Regan is not that pushy luckily,' replied Nick.
    'So you are working in the canteen then?' Damien asked Simon.
    'It looks like it,' replied Simon.
    'Slave labour,' said Damien 'making us do the jobs that they don't want to pay us to do,'
    'We get paid anyway,' added Simon.
    'Not enough to make me work in the canteen,' said Damien who then noticed Leanda walk past them heading into the canteen with Cassie.
    'You not with her now then?' Damien asked Simon.
    'No, we broke up,' replied Simon glumly.
    'Things happen I guess,' said Damien unsympathetically and then went into the canteen himself. Simon watched him walk passed the table the girls were sitting on and wondered if Leanda had said anything about him to anyone.
    Nick would also be finding it hard to get over Stacy but he knew that he was the one who had made the mistake. He had spent most of the day avoiding her and stayed out of the canteen when he saw her walk in with Hana and sit with Leanda and Cassie.

61272341_10156328008606497_8798229442020245504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_eui2=AeEhX3nT8P-BW_DwYO01mrmkFmQXAqY0Gh8hTHrmal6BVTIULBZdSKVNe2u-67EAB8YGmxFV5dbER2ziohTgf2XqtUEq5vvNmhtt3Lfnz190Dw&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=5f20ab029aee1fc434811c9d0c4cf3c8&oe=5D9070E2

The rest of part 9B will not feature here as some of it is not suitable for the forums
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    From end of page 2 and beginning of page 3:

@king_of_simcity7 Ohhhh boy you brought Warren back?? :confounded: and Dom?? Those two are stinkers (no offense)! This is gonna get real interesting. :lol:
    So, what exactly is the definition of a skills center?
    It sounds like all these boys and girls are going to become attracted to one another. :smirk:
    I have to ask: Is your Simself Ben? aka the "Squire" ;)
    Dom seems to be acting very much like Callum. :confused:

What's with all these guys breaking up with their girlfriend's over text? :confused: That's SO mean!
    Oh Tammy, the problem is not YOU, it's the guys you've dated. Cheer up. <3 The wrong one is the right one to lead you to the BEST one. :mrgreen:
    Annnnnd you have accurately described the problem with Social Media these days. :pensive:
    It was so typical that the one who hurts people ends up with someone new while the one who gets hurt ends up with no one.
    ^Wow. That's deep. :neutral: And sadly all too often true.
    I chased guys like nobody's business in my teenage days and into college (yup, I was boy crazy. :p ) and it seemed that all the ones I liked had zero interest in me and ran off dating Barbie and marrying her. :unamused: I get how Tammy is feeling...all too well. I kept saying to myself, "Little do they know how much I would love them and care for them. I'd be true to them...forever." And believe me, I never break a promise!
    Anyway! :p Didn't mean to reveal so much and get fired up there. Your impressive writing is bringing it out of me King! :p

Wait, what?? Who is this Kerry chica and why is the fact that Tammy is messaging her guy friends any of her business!? :angry:
    Goodness, my heart really goes out to Tammy. :cry: And no, she didn't do anything wrong and she needs to remind herself of that. Love herself. <3 I think what's best for her is to take a break from social media (I thank the Lord FB wasn't around when I was younger... :flushed: for these very reasons).
    Amen to what @bekkasan said about this ^^

Yay for Simon and Leanda! :) Hope nothing too dramatic happens in their relationship.
    The evening had started out ok but after a while Simon started to feel that Leanda was ignoring him making conversation with everyone else.
    ^
    tenor.gif
    Guess I spoke too soon huh? :lol:
    The tables have turned and now the GIRL is being the jerk in the relationship. :( I mean, I definitely know it goes both ways, but it's nice to see both sides in a story. Great job with that. ;)

This is long, so I need to stop here and go adult.
    Great story so far King! :star: You really have a way of illustrating how hurt people can get, how insecure they can feel, and how they need to find ways to gain confidence. :)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome.
    Maybe Sue thinks they'll learn better and get more experience.
    Poor Simon, hope he finds someone.
    @king_of_simcity7 I believe I commented on the other thread about the boys not appreciating working and getting paid. It does seem though that the skills center would require the counselors to be a bit more consistent in what they require out of the students. Obviously some might not be cut out for a position right away and that would be taken into consideration, but, it does seem unfair to the other students especially if working in the canteen even if you like cooking feels demeaning to the student.
    @king_of_simcity7 More comments. ;) Page 3

Leanda is being a horrible girlfriend! She clearly has feelings for Craig since all she clearly wants to do is hang out with him, but she continually denies there's anything going on to Simon. Then she accuses him of being too possessive when all he wants is to hang out with his girl. :unamused: If she really liked him she'd want to be with him, Simon, and no one else. Yeeeah I'm not buying into the carp she's spewing out of her mouth! Correction, she's just a horrible person. :angry:
    Oh and that was just proven by her sending a break up text as well...
    Do any of these relationships last? :confused: It's like all the same issues are happening...

Oh Nick, just stop worrying... You don't want to be THAT guy. :neutral: Just chill out and trust your girlfriend. No need to hack into her account, that will only make things worse... You're self sabotaging...
    No good will come from him texting Dave pretending to be Stacy. :unamused: Here's a grapevine Nick, have you met it??
    Yup...I called that. :(

Hey, be thankful for whatever job you can get Simon... Many people don't have any, but are desperately looking for work!

End of page 3. Will catch up more tomorrow. :)

@king_of_simcity7 Hmm, content not suitable for the forum? Now you really got me curious. :smirk:

You should add the direct link to the next chapter from your blog here. :)
    @emorrill Thanks for the comments :smile: Only a couple of parts are added to the blog at the moment but i will add more to it soon :smile:

Going to start work on the next chapter today :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @bekkasan I am glad that you noticed that it might be unfair for some students. This was a subject that i was keen to highlight and would feature a few more times. Some students get an easier time depending on who they have as their assigned tutor.

@Brandontaylor There is more to learn from with Sue which might be revealed at some point. Nothing too sinister but she is part of 'the system'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    10A

Simon did not know what to expect for his first day at work placement when he turned up in the canteen the following Monday but Brenda was waiting for him when he arrived.

'Oh, good, you are here already!' called out Brenda cheerfully as Simon walked through the kitchen door.
    'Right, you are the first one here today but I have a couple of others joining you,' said Brenda.
    'Who else is working here?' asked Simon.
    'I have you, Tammy, Dorley, Ashley and Megan,' replied Brenda. Simon didn't know too many of the others but was surprised that so many had been recruited so far. Tammy had been offered the placement by Sue as she wanted to work in retail while Dorley was another of the girls that Simon had not yet spoken to that much. Ashley and Megan both knew Warren from school although Simon somehow had the impression that Ashley would try to avoid Warren at times.

60885519_10156328008716497_1836740994607874048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeHYoUG8qoZ810ijdbQzXjU5xEyeTNmD_RAN0MJLStuGatIlTacsVF1leQNRAl9KcrD6ZEaLMV0pCA0ypU0aAM_E8wi_SoVvCu40DXXrvSksCQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=1bfc37708fbe451087d0e2bda496a88f&oe=5D50E9E7

61007174_10156328008661497_2413713062767886336_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeEmG9d1nRX27gp6ewJuiCOaFjqc_xfFLw8l5Clv-kCTqc5MJW19qSX65wCuh0MegpYSiTQKHsQ1EinKfJN3N4ZsqX_YY-u_K2ycj_PmNoE4xA&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=9d9ba9daadb0fe1d4b26c3c4cb78ed0d&oe=5D96964A

Just after Simon had arrived Tammy appeared and then followed by Megan.
    'Oh, good, both of the girls are here,' said Brenda as she went into a store room to get some spare aprons for them to wear.
    'Okay, the first thing that you need to do in the kitchen environment is to wash your hands,' explained Brenda 'you will learn with me that I am very strict with food hygiene regulations,'

The next person to arrive was Ashley who was given an apron and then went to wash his hands.
    'Right who are we waiting for?' said Brenda as she looked at a piece of paper 'oh, yes, Dorley,'
    The group waited around for a couple of minutes until Dorley arrived.

'Oh, good, you are just about on time!' said Brenda.
    'Sorry, I thought that I was going to be late!' explained Dorley as Brenda handed him an apron.
    'Lateness will not be tolerated here but being on time does!' said Brenda as she sent Dorley to wash his hands in the hand wash basin.
    'Right, time to get working on some sandwiches,' said Brenda 'everyone will get stuck in here,'

Brenda had the group prepare food for the morning break and then showed everyone how to use the till.
    'Now this till is very old,' explained Brenda 'but I cash up at the end of every day. Everyone has to pay properly as well. We do have to have cameras around unfortunately but I am confident that I can trust you.

'Now you have worked a till before haven't you, Tammy?'
    'I used one on a work placement before,' replied Tammy remembering that she had worked with a much more complicated till before.
    'Maybe I will let you use the till today,' said Brenda 'and Simon, I can trust that you can work on serving people. Perhaps you can work with Ashley?'
    'That's fine,' replied Simon.
    'Megan, you have worked a till before have you not?'
    'I have once or twice,' replied Megan.
    'Good, you can work with Tammy then while Dorley, you can work with me helping get things ready for lunch,' said Brenda as she looked at the clock. 'It looks like it is time for the morning break, time to get to our action stations!'

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 Sounds like the health guidelines in preparing and serving food are just as strict over there as they are here in the US. ;) But it's a good thing though.
    When my hubby told me a story his grandpa told him about how sauerkraut used to be mashed in a bathtub by a person stepping on it with their feet...and then that person didn't take a bathroom break in hours...yeeeeeeeah! :fearful: I am so VERY thankful for those strict rules! (Plus I don't want people who don't wash their hands, touch their hair, or pick their nose serving food you know? :confused: )
    Ok enough of the grossness! :lol:

I think this job will be great in giving the guys and gals some much needed experience for when they enter the workforce later. :)
    @emorrill Food guide lines are very strict. All food has to be 175 degrees when it goes out unless you live in Scotland where it is 180. They have to be just that little bit different! :D You do get a lot of casual breaches however
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Looks like everyone showed up for their work and ready to go for the day. I do hope those that are working in the canteen get a bigger stipend than those who are not working! Studying/working on skills is not the same load as working full shifts!
    @bekkasan Sadly the money is the same if you work or not as it was when I done a similar course years ago!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @emorrill Replying to your first comment...

Yes I brought Warren and Dom back! :D

Kerry won’t be mentioned again but she is just another girl who tried to hurt people :(

The skills centre is part of the college teaching industrial skills :smile:

I am glad that Facebook was not around when I left school either!

Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Can't wait to see what Sue is up to.
    That's a good thing, I've had a few things happen with meals prepared by other people. Recently, I had a hair in my fries at Dairy Queen and another time I had one in my cup after I drank my Pepsi. That's just a few.
    Great update!
    @Brandontaylor In the UK everywhere would have to display it's food hygiene rating on the front door:

FHRS.jpg

6060537-large.jpg

Where i used to work a manage could face disciplinary action if they fail to get a 5 rating. Smaller places can get five easily but you would avoid anywhere less than three. Getting a zero must be embarrassing!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Wow, wish the U.S. would do that. In bigger areas, they do post the ratings in the paper but they only do that once a year. They tell which ones got the best scores and which ones failed.
    Getting a zero would be embarrassing, lol. How much time do they get if they don't get a passing grade to fix things?
    10B

The first group of people to enter the canteen where a few tutors and a few people from other courses. Simon's heart skipped a beat when he saw Craig and Tony walk into the canteen and hoped that they would not be going near the counter. Luckily one of the tutors asked him for something that was not out on the front counter so Simon took the chance to sneak off and managed to avoid serving both Craig and Tony.
    'Have we got any pork scratchings?' Simon asked Brenda while she was peeling potatoes with Dorley.

'Oh, who wants them?' complained Brenda as she looked over and nodded towards one of the students waiting to be served.
    'We will have a look in the dry store,' said Brenda as Simon followed her away from the kitchen. Luckily by the time he had returned to the counter he saw Craig and Tony walk away from the service counter but then noticed them going up to Leanda and Cassie who were sitting at a table. His heart sank as he had hoped that maybe nothing would have been going on with them. Luckily they did not see him working but he continued to keep an eye on them.

60781787_10156328007726497_2536566199928487936_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeGe9q7gP1miU5YHxW4f6XfSqKVva1Jn6XQbhuJvFKx7YKrJZRVRmpLsGIYwUKBN4YgxbVfWIbyQoqUEnN9SMtNrCychCSCA7e_MssMJ3Zjlrw&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=8de88e830e7717e6065568f29d29b24a&oe=5D9F1C0D

Luckily the morning break went by quickly and Brenda soon saw everyone out of the canteen and got the group to clear up.
    'Okay, now it is clearing up time,' explained Brenda 'we shall have two washing, two clearing down while someone can help me sort through the dry store,'

Simon could see Leanda and Cassie talking to Craig and Tony from outside while Brenda decided who was working with who.
    'Right, Simon you can wash up with Ashley. Tammy and Dorley can clear down the work services while Megan can work with me,' said Brenda as everyone got to work.

61085057_10156328007756497_2986705835138220032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeHLL3yvcLP2V0rGklIGAxNfkp0mUGE4jDjZya6qG2UpZuk-VrKasUU50fGDf0oDh_h-pv-V8MYp6KWYJPXGHVe2IZst8if9nHaCpp-IGX8lZw&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=be87c775c58a685e6b90a7e6fd8fd029&oe=5D938251

Simon still noticed that Leanda and Cassie where still talking to Craig and Tony outside while he started filling the sink with hot water.
    'Should they not be in lesson now or something?' said Simon angrily.
    'Did you not used to go out with her?' Ashley asked him referring to Leanda.
    'I used to,' replied Simon.
    'What happened?' asked Ashley curiously.
    'Long story,' replied Simon 'but I have a feeling that guy had something to do with it,'
    'Someone trying to get on your girlfriend?' Welcome to my world!' said Ashley as they watched Leanda and Cassie finally head inside while Craig and Tony walked off in a different direction.
    'I don't think that much of them,' added Ashley.
    'What not?' asked Simon.
    'They do not show that much attention to people on our course do they?'
    'They think that they could do better than us maybe?' replied Simon.
    'They will learn the hard way I guess,' said Ashley.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited June 2019
    Part 10C

The next couple of hours were spent doing preparation for the lunch station and Brenda got everyone to a work station. This time Simon was going to work with Brenda who had him by the deep fat fryers while she had the girls both working on the till together while Ashley and Dorley served people. Within no time people started coming back into the canteen just as they had done during the early morning break. It was not long until Simon noticed Tony and Craig come in but luckily they did not see him but he had noticed that they knew Dorley.

'So you working here now then, Dorley?' Craig said to Dorley.
    'Yes, a work placement!' replied Dorley.
    'A work placement? Well that sounds nice!' laughed Tony 'I hope that they pay you?'
    'We get paid anyway,' replied Dorley.
    'Yeah, five pounds an hour!' joked Craig.
    'I hope that you two are not annoying my students,' called out Brenda as she saw them disrupting the queue.
    'Not at all!' called out Craig who luckily did not seem to notice Simon at the back of the kitchen.

Simon watched them as they paid and then sniggered as they walked off. He did not know how they knew Dorley but it was clear that they were not nice guys. They reminded him of people that he had gone to school with.
    After lunch service Simon was given the job of clearing down the work services with Tammy while Dorley and Megan washed up which left Ashley to help Brenda out in the store room. Simon again noticed that Craig and Tony were talking to Leanda and Cassie again outside.

'I guess that they will not be going back to lessons,' Simon said to Tammy glumly.
    'Knowing what Cassie is like she fancies one of them,' said Tammy.
    'I don't like those guys,' said Simon.
    'Why not?' asked Tammy.
    'It is a long story but I think that they are one of the reasons why me and Leanda broke up,' explained Simon.
    'Why what happened?' asked Tammy curiously. Simon then mentioned what had happened that weekend that he had gone to town with Leanda and both Craig and Tony had spoil it.
    'To be honest I think that you can do better than her,' said Tammy 'they always seem to chase a different guy each week,'
    'Have you seen her with them before?' Simon asked her.
    'Not sure really,' replied Tammy 'but they usually ignore everyone else in our group for other people. We invited them out this weekend but they are both going to another party,'
    'It wouldn't surprise me if they are going to meet up with those two,' complained Simon.
    'I don't know but we wanted to invite everyone out,' said Tammy 'has anyone spoke o you about meeting up at the weekend?'
    'Not yet I don't think,'
    'Well it is Humara's idea,' said Tammy 'but we wanted to get as many people out as possible,'
    'Who else is going so far?' asked Simon.
    'We have invited Stacy, Hana, Megan, Anna, Ashley, Warren and Nick,' explained Tammy 'we haven't had the chance to talk to anyone else yet although I am not sure what the situation between Nick and Stacy is,'
    'I don't know what happened between them either,' said Simon.

60882344_10156328008451497_8745674401120256000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeEK0kCEgL4MxMqWyOKmVEM5NxQqNhyF636LV4BinxgpGx75iNGU4TdGdoZ3cup6Ixy8X1K0-D8AO6j0401e89U6JA1XKeT2yz5rsbtOcE7alQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=07541010b9022240c042ef0cec93db25&oe=5D8DBD4E

61359669_10156328008461497_7757877926434963456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeE9oB0BjazGsZDVqwj5A34GSbyB7MGUivQI25NHnCUbT7y8AOrpn3FMGXvmxdTeSEfRPseZgzkh3nxexnziom2-1eJZLrjwhcMoOTDEw0bUSQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=59f7292a3caa5ab05c053071c54152d7&oe=5D894342

61016752_10156328008491497_7621661685727625216_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeFpER2c9LHsEygCbJD3liCDDoPbBTuETNDLG-z3FKDke9qADWIG0faAv7U0lqBUYRoKXX45Bp9YkeHITD8KMmKH7-5F9wQMNlsaq89aOpHttg&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=aa88c819eacc26ba2575160167ec9845&oe=5D8AF85D

Finally after a couple more hours it was time for Brenda to close up for the day and everyone was able to go home. Simon managed to see Nick by the main entrance and spoke to him while they walked towards the bus stop. Simon had again noticed Leanda and Cassie were talking to Craig and Tony who they had presumably been waiting for but they again did not notice Simon. One thing that he did look forward to however was the up and coming night out that was being planned for the following Saturday.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 I wonder why Simon doesn't want Craig and Tony to see him? Oh wait, never mind. I remember why now.
    Poor Simon, he doesn't seem very happy.
    Brenda definitely is no nonsense.
    Craig probably was the reason why Leanda left.
    Hope everyone has a fun Saturday!
    Great updates!