Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remaking every world

Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
Have anyone redone all lots in worlds to make them look more of you're style or just because u like to build? I just remove all lots and apartments in every world and want to remake everything from just empty lots but still them to match the world.
I'm doing it kinda as an project and would be lovely to see what others have done and get some inspiration.
11.3.2019_1.06.18.png

Comments

• Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    oh I've definitely started remaking Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay. I'll post some pictures when I get access. Just joined a few hours ago and I'm pretty sure the add a photo option will open up tomorrow (Correct me if I'm wrong, I might be an engineer, but I still don't know how to fully work anything)
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    Okey that would be greit! Sadly i don't know when u can post photos, i think u needed to be member to do that. Not sure :)
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    I've just started to do this. I figured that I spend so much time building, I might as well! I'm also making new families and townies, so it's a slow process! I love that it's making me try builds and styles that I usually avoid or are outside my comfort zone.

I have a Google note in which I have listed each world along with my ideas about what kind of lots could go where, just so I don't forget all the idea that keep popping into my head!

So far, I only have one or two lots in each world... It's a slow process haha.
  • Options
    PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    I mean I've remade apartments and all the townies and their stories in san myshuno.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm not a builder so I don't rebuild things myself, but I have downloaded new houses and apartments to make the worlds look nicer and more varied from save to save. For example in one save, I downloaded the lots from this projected called Brindelton Bae where a bunch of builders collaborated to rebuild Brindelton Bay.
    https://harrie-cc.tumblr.com/post/168049656923/brindletonbae
  • Options
    ohSnap wrote: »
    I've just started to do this. I figured that I spend so much time building, I might as well! I'm also making new families and townies, so it's a slow process! I love that it's making me try builds and styles that I usually avoid or are outside my comfort zone.

I have a Google note in which I have listed each world along with my ideas about what kind of lots could go where, just so I don't forget all the idea that keep popping into my head!

So far, I only have one or two lots in each world... It's a slow process haha.

Yes! I do also build buildings now that are way off from my comfort zone haha, but i think this is kinda fun and at least i learn new ways to build. Oh i should also use some kind of notebook because i sometimes get good idea but forget it when i'm back on my pc ready to build.
    :smiley:
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    I'm not a builder so I don't rebuild things myself, but I have downloaded new houses and apartments to make the worlds look nicer and more varied from save to save. For example in one save, I downloaded the lots from this projected called Brindelton Bae where a bunch of builders collaborated to rebuild Brindelton Bay.
    https://harrie-cc.tumblr.com/post/168049656923/brindletonbae

Those looks beautiful, thanks for link! :)
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    @PlumbobMafiaQueen I'm doing the same thing right now! Mostly changing all the unflirty sims to romantic because that is a "lovely" trait that inhibits sooooo much gameplay. But then again, I love playing matchmaker.
  • Options
    Ok finally got to be a member and figured out how pics work. I've actually made it my sole mission to never ever ever use a premade build because I tried that and hated it. I needed more things in my builds or better functionality or at the very least, some sort of interior decorating and good lighting.
    So here are my favorites. As you can see, I tried to keep with similar but yet upgraded architecture. I favor modern and craftsman styles and I'm working on incorporating gothic styles too. My Newcrest neighborhood looks like an ultra modern Windenberg (Get Together) with half tudor, half luxury modern. Hopefully these will inspire you, but I've spent 900 hours in the game and have not yet finished making the perfect build for each lot. Maybe 50% done so it's a huge undertaking, but one I find really fun.

So this first one is Amorphous Abode in Oasis Springs
    wpQww3y.png

This one is Modern Mesa, also in Oasis Springs:
    NFZrdJU.png
    cOHXRa4.png

This is my remake of Movers and Shakers and the Blue Velvet in Willow Creek
    UDIG2x5.png

This is my Bargain Bend build in Willow Creek:
    NR1felh.png

This is Raven's Rouge, a replacement of a mansion in Willow Creek:
    ZvsSGl9.png

And this is Daisy Hovel in Willow Creek:
    xi3T0H8.png
  • Options
    @lzbthnndgls oh thank you! I also don't like to just edit houses, i like to make completly new. These are nice builds and everyone look so different!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    Yes, I actually just started working on this. I downloaded a save file that was put onto ModtheSims (I think..) where every lot was bulldozed in every world so I could start with a "blank canvas" so-to-speak.
  • Options
    Britta wrote: »
    Yes, I actually just started working on this. I downloaded a save file that was put onto ModtheSims (I think..) where every lot was bulldozed in every world so I could start with a "blank canvas" so-to-speak.

@Britta Oh i should have also downloaded that save file, i just remove everything one by one and that was so annoying and boring haha.
    i'm now half way of getting these worlds done but still missing a lot of things. Nice, feel free to show pics when you get you're houses ready! are you going to add sims? have you any backstories for builds or sims ? :)
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    @lzbthnndgls oh thank you! I also don't like to just edit houses, i like to make completly new. These are nice builds and everyone look so different!

I completely understand not wanting to edit existing houses. It is so so so hard. I always want to knock down every wall and then end up with an empty lot. But when I have no inspiration, I go on pinterest or sift through my favorites on the gallery. Raven's Rouge was inspired by 5 other gothic builds and one modern mansion with a huge circular terrace. I've recently been building craftsman homes by using bits and pieces from irl houses on pinterest. And Sometimes I just want to play around with trying a new shape. That was Daisy Hovel. First time with diagonal walls. Honestly, I was a horrible builder four months ago, but when I see somebody else do something with their game, like layering rugs, or creative roofing solutions, I want to try it in my game. Honestly I try to make a creative layout first then add windows and move things so the windows look good, and then I look at colors and columns and stuff. And everything ends up either as a craftsman, modern luxe, or gothic build.
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    Have anyone redone all lots in worlds to make them look more of you're style or just because u like to build? I just remove all lots and apartments in every world and want to remake everything from just empty lots but still them to match the world.
    I'm doing it kinda as an project and would be lovely to see what others have done and get some inspiration.
    Hi @Charlotta11,
    I'm a terrible builder but have great respect for those who are accomplished at it (or just plain enjoy it)! If you're looking for inspiration and don't mind getting it from Sims 3, I have a great blog for you to check out. It's https://gcsims.com/, by @GreenCats. She's incredibly talented and has nearly rebuilt all of Barnacle Bay, including all homes and community/commercial lots, along with families for each home. She recently started to rebuild Moonlight Falls as well.

Even though you'd be creating lots for Sims 4, her blog shows so many styles of homes, decor and community lots that you're sure to find something that inspires you. There are lots of photos! :smile:
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    I did that in my main game, and I build a lot in my other saves, as well B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I completely remade Willow Creek into a Filipino Colonial village a few years ago. All of the builds can be found in my Gallery.

rwm96f8.png
    jvbtUhM.png
    xX0VpD9.png
    nn76lBr.png
    kQXLDgl.png
    ZAum0g5.png
    g8IVzOx.png
    dfMskfM.png

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Yes, I've just remodeled Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. There are now more exciting venues to visit, and a whole lot of new houses to choose from.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LipscannaLipscanna Posts: 23 Member
    I'm currently rebuilding San Myshuno. I had this idea to renovate the city so that you would never have to leave it. So there's already a vet, a library/café/laundr-o-mat and a restaurant and I plan on building a spa and renovate the art-gallery, gym and lounge. I also renovated most of the small apartments and tried to make them match each other, but also remain appropriate for the townies living there. My gallery ID is lipscanna, maybe you like something -_("/)_-
    What packs do you have? What are your preferred styles @Charlotta11?
  • Options
    PixelNestPixelNest Posts: 51 Member
    As a complete Christmas addict, I'm toying with the idea of transforming Willow Creek into a North Pole style Christmas village.
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »
    I completely remade Willow Creek into a Filipino Colonial village a few years ago. All of the builds can be found in my Gallery.

rwm96f8.png
    jvbtUhM.png
    xX0VpD9.png
    nn76lBr.png
    kQXLDgl.png
    ZAum0g5.png
    g8IVzOx.png
    dfMskfM.png

Wow these are just awesome builds. The map view looks so pretty too!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Lipscanna wrote: »
    I'm currently rebuilding San Myshuno. I had this idea to renovate the city so that you would never have to leave it. So there's already a vet, a library/café/laundr-o-mat and a restaurant and I plan on building a spa and renovate the art-gallery, gym and lounge. I also renovated most of the small apartments and tried to make them match each other, but also remain appropriate for the townies living there. My gallery ID is lipscanna, maybe you like something -_("/)_-
    What packs do you have? What are your preferred styles @Charlotta11?

I have all, i prefer different styles so it's kinda hard to choose from ( and i'm not even sure what styles i prefer) :smiley:
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    ajarvis999ajarvis999 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm finally getting to where my houses aren't just all squares and rectangles, but I'm a long way from the amazing builds in this thread!
  • Options
    KaduMcFadu80KaduMcFadu80 Posts: 57 Member
    I'm doing a kind of Crazy Architect type-challenge where my matriarch and her family lives in each world and she remakes the whole town to a particular style and theme before moving to the next world to do the same. Willow Creek's theme was Misshapen Victorian, Oasis Springs is all steampunk, Windenburg is Quirky Medieval, etc. It's a lot of fun and forces you to think outside of the box.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I've remade several, if not most of them. Usually I try to renovate in the style of the neighbourhood but add more items from packs. When I get bored of building I actually play with the Sims then renovate houses as I move new families in
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2019
    I found a couple of downloadable saves that can help out enormously with this:

This one has everything removed from all saves including the interior layouts of the apartments in San Myshuno

https://86tigerlady86.tumblr.com/post/183186808651/my-empty-save-i-delete-all-lots-in-every-world

She even removed the permanent lot traits from the apartments using a mod which she links in her post.

This one doesn't touch San Myshuno, or any of the specialty lots, but all other worlds are blank:

https://ridgeport.tumblr.com/post/185144559967/clean-save-continued-cupidjuicecc-made-a

I get blocked sometimes trying to remake worlds with all the original builds in place, and going through and deleting everything is really boring and time consuming especially now that we have so many worlds.

One quick note, it just occurred I never checked the first save to see if the vacation worlds are empty, I assume so but can't say for sure, but she does say all and she did a complete job on the main worlds. Hope this helps some who want to remake their worlds, I hope this isn't considered derailing OPs thread. :)

ETA: All of your rebuilt worlds look awesome!

Oh 1 quick note: tigerlady86's save has everything named in what appears to be German. Just an FYI.