Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting Out/Living Outside

Hi! Sorry if this has been brought up elsewhere or if this is the wrong place but I just wanted to share and wanted to see what you guys think. I decided to restart the 10 generation legacy challenge because the last one became so glitchy it was difficult to play. This time around, I decided to make my founder crazy about fitness and immediately went to the gym. While I was there I realized I can totally live there... There's a fridge and tables and stuff for food, there's bathrooms, there's stuff to do for fun, etc. So it brought up my question, for those of you who don't go for a money cheat right away, what do you do to get your sim started? Is it just a tiny room on the lot with some necessities? Do you try to make friends and spend the night at their homes? Do you try and stay at community lots? Let me know in the comments ^.^
hLhdCsO.jpg

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    The times I've started out very poor my sim showers and toilets at the gym, sleeps at the park and eats from harvesting plants. Those park benches are murder on a good night's sleep though. :lol:
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I usually give my sim one "motherlode" cheat to start. I love being able to give them classes in needed skills. But one time I did a dumpster dive challenge. No home, no money - just live on the community. It was hard! but really fun.

I found the firestation to be the best "home" for my sim. You can even sleep there comfortably. And with the gym and a few other venues for fun, food, and showering, you never really run out of a place to rest and refresh your sim. Then you would dumpster dive for stuff to sell to get simoleans. The ultimate goal was to buy a property and build it, furnish it, with money or stuff you got dumpster diving. Very challenging.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited June 2019
    I usually start on the smallest empty lot, buy a sleeping bag (a tent works too, but is more expensive and can give a bad night's sleep, the bag is only bad for elders which gets a bad back from it), and a Multitab 6000, 100 apples and start socializing. The IP toilet/shower is good but expensive, so the outside shower is better in the beginning (and no bad moodlet); or the LTR Inappropriate But In A Good Way makes way for using everone else’s stuff - my favorite LTR :smiley:

Edit: I always sell off the camera in inventory (UL?) in the beginning - extra money, and it tends to get stuck there if I change household etc.

Edit 2: Just found out! Adults get a bad back from the sleeping bag as well.
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    If I want to start a sim with nothing and no money, the fire station is a good place to eat, sleep, and shower.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    If I'm doing a rags to riches type save I start them on a empty lot with a sleeping bag. They have to scrounge and dumpster dive for things to eat or sell. They can shower at the gym. Eventually they can get a part time job.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had my apocalyose challenge founder living on a large empty lot when they arrived in Salisbury Beach,Massachusetts in the summer of 1525 and they were able to use facilities at Garden House until they got their house built though they often slept in a tent or sleeping bags at home until they got the first bit of the house built over a few days.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg