Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a few ideas to improve toddlers

1: normal underwear for potty training in(use diaper then changes to use briefs/panties). note: not all kids is potty trained in diapers.
2: complete diaper stop after potty is maxed(toddler changes to regular underwear and can no longer wear a diaper, potty is still used).
3: diaper turns yellow when use diaper interaction is used.
4: underwear gets wet when use briefs/panties is used(also if bladder gauge is emtied for some other reason). that leaves a puddle like with other sims
5: new use bathing suit/bikini/shorts interaction for toddlers wearing swim wear.
6: visible bed wetting for toddlers whose bladder gauge empties while wearing briefs/panties.
7: wet diaper moodlet changes to wet briefs/panties when wearing normal underwear.
8: toddlers wearing jeans gets the jeans wet if they have an accident while wearing briefs/panties(wet at the back for girls and in the front for boys).
9: go potty in briefs/panties(some naughty or dumb kids do).
10: change diaper interaction changed to change briefs/panties for toddlers wearing normal underwear.
11: toddlers not potty trained grows into kids not potty trained, potty skill changes into toilet skill.
12: toddler that grows up with weak skills ends up still needing to fill up those skills.
13: change diaper, briefs/panties interaction for independent toddlers.
14: scare interaction to make toddlers wet themselves

these points will add more realism to the game. a good way to convince EA that it is worth it is to create a mod that adds these things and then post the code online for EA to use. i am of course open for additional ideas.

Comments

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    While some of your ideas I agree with some I don't. I don't want my game to be realistic. I agree with the first five of your list.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't think the potty training needs that much depth, tbh. The only thing I really agree with is swapping from diapers to underwear after the toddlers are fully potty trained. That would be a nice touch.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2019
    Those are all about toilets, and I don't want toilets to be that in depth.

Edit: Well, except for the one about them still needing the skills. I still don't really want that though. The underwear is a touch I'd be okay with though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    These are a bit too weirdly specific to me.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    andreasaspenbergandreasaspenberg Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2019
    maybe specific but, on the other hand, more realistic than the current gameplay mechanics. i want a game that is as realistic as possible. there is already normal underwear for toddlers available but, they do not come with script and as such, the game acts like it is still diapers. that proves that it is possible from a model point of view. the bathing suits included with the game is also clearly without diapers but again, no script. i have been looking into the game`s system. the underwear category is empty for toddlers as of right now. the underwear that needs to replace the diapers thereby just needs to go there. it is not as simple as that however because the white diaper is hidden in a hidden layer which is always active.
    Post edited by andreasaspenberg on
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    number 6 and 14! OMG im so mean but imagine the the interactions between both sims hehe. also if anyone has laundry that could be a nice aspect but then again if 6 was considered i'd rather it be a moodlet
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I want the toddlers to be younger like in ts3. I want them to start out not being able to walk, but crawl and you have to teach them how to walk. I want cribs for toddlers. I don't like how independent they are in ts4... At least give us options to have either crib or toddler bed.
  • Options
    you are clearly confusing toddlers with babies(toddlers is the point in life after kids learn to walk). i suppose they could add more interaction to babies though, like teaching them how to walk. crib makes sense though, i will give you that. they could possibly add the ability to breastfeed toddlers.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Woh...those are ALL about toddlers peeing. I want more interactions and functions for toddlers, but not all that excited about detailing out them peeing.
  • Options
    it is not entirely about peeing. point 12 for example have nothing to do with peeing. you can of course post other ideas for improving toddlers.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    I rarely play with Toddlers as I find older children more interesting so excuse the following. :)

I like the idea that nappies/diapers would turn yellow if the toddler needs to be changed but all these ideas being used would only appeal to toddler enthusiasts and would probably put those 13 year olds EA/Maxis is aiming at to go off the idea of having any children at all. Good for real life population control though.

It is a very good idea for a modder though if it doesn't interfere with the other gameplay.

It brings up some nostalgia for me as years ago someone modded "wee puddles" to become yellow. (version 1or 2)?
  • Options
    think that was the sims 1. as it is, there is clothes in the sims 4 for toddlers that do not have diapers and as such, the game needs a modification to acommodate that. even EA have added clothes without diapers(swim wear).