Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we'll get an announcement?

Comments

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited April 2019
    The mobile team leaves The Sims Mobile and move to The Sims 4, The Firemonkeys replace them.

That means 2 things :
    - More resources for TS4 (or TS4 spin-off or TS5 project ???)
    - The Sims FreePlay will end soon or in few years

A new phase is beginning.

FreePlay is making more money for EA right now than The Sims Mobile. They’re not shutting down the more profitable game.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I’m thinking University (since it’s highly requested by many players), a hobby game pack (similar to TS2 FT), or a crime/murder mystery game pack
    Oh hamburgers!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    FreePlay is making more money for EA right now than The Sims Mobile. They’re not shutting down the more profitable game.

But it's very old and maybe difficult to maintain longer.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    The mobile team leaves The Sims Mobile and move to The Sims 4, The Firemonkeys replace them.

That means 2 things :

Yes maybe some of the mobile team are being diverted to The Sims 5. I think it's in production now.
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member

That means 2 things :

Yes maybe some of the mobile team are being diverted to The Sims 5. I think it's in production now.

I don't think they've begun working on TS5 just yet as devs have stated multiple times that they still have a lot of stuff that will go into TS4.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    IF they are going to do a S5, I would think that they have been "talking" and making notes since S4 dropped with the idea of changing or improving areas that we complain about as they happen. Otherwise, that's a lot of stuff to remember a few years from now.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    aiex wrote: »

That means 2 things :

I don't think they've begun working on TS5 just yet as devs have stated multiple times that they still have a lot of stuff that will go into TS4.

They can work on multiple games at the same time. TS4 development for example started just shortly after TS3 base game was shipped.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Soon.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    I'm curious as to when we'll hear about this next EP/GP/SP and its release date. Do you think they'll tell us anything this week? Or maybe wait until the first full week of May? I'm so excited to hear what we'll be getting.

I am going to say May 4th. Just because. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited April 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »

That means 2 things :

They can work on multiple games at the same time. TS4 development for example started just shortly after TS3 base game was shipped.
    This.
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I'm curious as to when we'll hear about this next EP/GP/SP and its release date. Do you think they'll tell us anything this week? Or maybe wait until the first full week of May? I'm so excited to hear what we'll be getting.

Maybe but more likely the week after next.
  • MadstarletMadstarlet Posts: 53 Member
    What kind of release do we think we'll be getting? My guess is Game Pack.
    Follow the creation of the new Sims 4 Web Series Wayward Plumbobs by becoming a patron: patreon.com/waywardplumbobs.com
    Madstarlet wrote: »

Expansion.
    They only invite Game Changers to EP Events.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I expect an Expansion Pack being announced around half of May.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    They only invite Game Changers to EP Events.
    Woo! I have little interest in Stuff Packs(I buy them, but don't get excited about them). Game Packs and Expansions are what hype me up :D

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Maybe but more likely the week after next.

Ha Ha I was joking especially since the 4th was a Saturday. Hoping to hear something this week though. Fingers crossed.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    I keep feeling that when they announce the Legacy Pack's release announcement - then we will get a pack announcement.

Otherwise it becomes an unfair tease for folks who are stuck with their 32 bit equipment for what ever the reason is - I know I couldn't do something like that.

I do think the only thorn in that thought would be if they needed to announce it for EA Play and the Legacy Pack was not ready yet. That is if they plan to show a new pack at EA Play. Who knows - maybe they are timing both to be ready on the same day before EA Play....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member

i think it will be a stuff pack hopefully somthing like winter stuff or somthing I want the halfpipe back
    doogerie wrote: »

i think it will be a stuff pack hopefully somthing like winter stuff or somthing I want the halfpipe back

They don't send Gamechangers to Stuffpack showings.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    June... But when in June no idea.
    WbUrFQm.png
    leetamme wrote: »
    June... But when in June no idea.

No the EP is out in June but it will be announced in May.
    What I'm hoping to see in the teaser is either a Tropical Beach Seen or a Themepark before the full trailer drops.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    What I'm hoping to see in the teaser is either a Tropical Beach Seen or a Themepark before the full trailer drops.

I would actually start sobbing if it was one of these. :'(:p:#
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a gamepack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious..
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Well it's clearly not witches because it's not a gamepack, it has to be island vacation EP or university, otherwise, the community will be furious..

I would be happy with any of these two. I really like Island Paradise, but I haven't ever played a University pack so I'm excited to see how it is!