Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we'll get an announcement?

14567810...Next

Comments

• TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    They should announce it tomorrow (28th) if they stick to the normal schedule that EPs get announced a month before release..since we got no teaser today, then it'll be first time they announce an EP less than a month from release..EA we're tired of this just announce it already 🙃

We didn't get a teaser today because today is a national holiday in the United States. EA most likely had the day off, and thus, no reason to release a teaser.

So hopefully it will be today!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Why not just skip the teaser and go straight to the trailer since it's a Tuesday anyway :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I think either we will havteaser today (28th) and a trailer Thursday, or what I think is more likely to happen we will get a teaser next week with a trailer released wither on Tuesday or Thursday which is the day EA Play falls on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I think either we will havteaser today (28th) and a trailer Thursday, or what I think is more likely to happen we will get a teaser next week with a trailer released wither on Tuesday or Thursday which is the day EA Play falls on

Trailers always drop the day after the teaser not 2 days.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    If nothing today, I'll assume EA Play. If nothing there I'll assume July. If nothing then, I give up.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    If nothing today, I'll assume EA Play. If nothing there I'll assume July. If nothing then, I give up.

I give up if there is nothing today lol. I can't wait
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »

I give up if there is nothing today lol. I can't wait

If not Today they could announce on Thursday with the teaser Tomorrow.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2019
    Now we know it is going to be in 11 days.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Now we know it is going to be in 11 days.

Sadly.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    And that will only be what Marketing allows them to tell us. They are a public company and subject to Federal rules/ laws in marketing. In order to announce something it has to be made - not something they are just working on or trying to do - it has to be a guaranteed product - hence why they can no longer state what they are working on until it is a guaranteed product.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    And that will only be what Marketing allows them to tell us. They are a public company and subject to Federal rules/ laws in marketing. In order to announce something it has to be made - not something they are just working on or trying to do - it has to be a guaranteed product - hence why they can no longer state what they are working on until it is a guaranteed product.

Expansions take about 1 year of development time. You would think after 11 or so months it would be guaranteed enough to announce. I miss quarterly teasers so much. Ugh.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!

Expansions take about 1 year of development time. You would think after 11 or so months it would be guaranteed enough to announce. I miss quarterly teasers so much. Ugh.

It has not been a year since the last ep - though. But it does not matter how long it has been to the Government - it matters only when all the content they talk about or show is working and guaranteed to be in the package offered.

Giving insider info on things coming or possibly coming before it is guaranteed is a big criminal offense for any public company - the fines for doing so is horrendous and people can go to Fed prison. Believe me - being a public company is serious business. Ask Martha Stewart.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, if they still plan to release an EP in June they're running out of time to announce it. At this late date, I'm thinking we have a stuff pack coming in June rather than an expansion. And that announcement could be one of the 'small' surprises SimGuruLyndsay hinted at during her live stream with SimGuruDuke. Or we are looking at an early July release for the anticipated EP. Which would not fall in line with past EP release dates. The only thing I know for sure is I am soooo tired of the news blackout. The longer it goes on the more convinced I become there is something major preventing any and all progress in delivering the Legacy Edition or the big update. And both of those need to be released before new content is released. As I have said before, EA packed a lot of stuff into one month for the teams to finish and release. And all it takes is one little glitch to turn everything upside down.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Well, if they still plan to release an EP in June they're running out of time to announce it. At this late date, I'm thinking we have a stuff pack coming in June rather than an expansion. And that announcement could be one of the 'small' surprises SimGuruLyndsay hinted at during her live stream with SimGuruDuke. Or we are looking at an early July release for the anticipated EP. Which would not fall in line with past EP release dates. The only thing I know for sure is I am soooo tired of the news blackout. The longer it goes on the more convinced I become there is something major preventing any and all progress in delivering the Legacy Edition or the big update. And both of those need to be released before new content is released. As I have said before, EA packed a lot of stuff into one month for the teams to finish and release. And all it takes is one little glitch to turn everything upside down.

I'm just wondering if one of the announcements could be about the consoles finally getting the gallery. This hasn't been confirmed. I'm just speculating at this point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2019
    Gamerlil wrote: »
    I've been thinking is simgurulyndsey the head of all sims 4 stations ie pc console ect or is she only the head of the pc version as if it was for mobile or console wouldn't the head of those decisions announce new content for it

Sim Guru Lyndsay is the General Manager of all the Sims games - as she says - all the time. She can speak for any and all the Sims games and Sims stuff.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2019
    Gamerlil wrote: »
    I've been thinking is simgurulyndsey the head of all sims 4 stations ie pc console ect or is she only the head of the pc version as if it was for mobile or console wouldn't the head of those decisions announce new content for it

Sim Guru Lyndsay is the General Manager of all the Sims games - as she says - all the time. She can speak for any and all the Sims games and Sims stuff.

Yes, she leads Maxis Redwood Shores aka The Sims Studio the last studio under Maxis label.
    The Firemonkeys is a studio of EA Mobile.